2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112202 - 23/12/03 11:16 AM Snow fun for kids in Sierra/I-80?
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
I'll be taking my nieces and newphews up to the mountain this coming Thursday and wonder anywhere along I-80 that I can stop and let them do some sledding and play in the snow?

I'll probably stop by Donner Ski Ranch for the older kids to practice their snowboarding skills (they are family-type cheap smile )

I saw a few places along HW-50 near Twin Bridges that people pull over and play around in the hills. Are there such places along I-80?

Oh yeah...the forecast says up to 2' of freshy in the west slope this Wednesday/Thursday eek

Thanks

#112203 - 23/12/03 11:21 AM Re: Snow fun for kids in Sierra/I-80?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you go all the way to donner summit, there is a rest area on both sides of the free way.. That alwayse worked when i was a kid.. just be a little careful, there is a pond (frozen ofer, bot don't take any chances) on the west bound side..

[ThumbsUp]

#112204 - 26/12/03 10:05 PM Re: Snow fun for kids in Sierra/I-80?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i know its friday already but
i know a great place
if you are coming from the west on 80
it is the second exit past hwy 20 to nevada city
there is a gas station and a really big hill that we used to go to alot last year
theres lots of people there and my kids loved it because they met some other kids and played all day
and there is a bathroom at the gas station and that is a plus when the kids want to play alot
and another bonus is its before donner pass so you dont have to worry about it closing
i wish i could remember the name of the exit
i think its Eagle something

well anyway wherever you go have a great time

#112205 - 28/12/03 08:58 PM Re: Snow fun for kids in Sierra/I-80?
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
Thanks for the replies.

I ended up stopping by Soda Spring Ski Ranch so the kids can have some fun skiing for cheap. There's an area off "Kingvale" exit where you pay to use the sledding area. They also have the tubing runs as well. A guy told me there's a free area off either Yuba Gap or Imigrant Gap exit but I didn't stop by to check it out but I did see it on the way home, westbound on I-80.

It was a cold day...it was dumping all day on Thursday and through out the night. Cleared up enough on Friday to have a powder day, 2+ feet [ThumbsUp]

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal