2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111790 - 13/02/04 05:34 PM Bronco Canyon (Lango Marchino?)
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
I'm headed out this Sunday with a local 4wd club so if you don't hear from me in a while, come looking [Uh Oh !] It looks like we're going to do an area called Jumbo Grade followed by Bronco Valley and then into an area called Petrogliphs. This will be in the mountains near Virginia City. mmmmmmm, snow and rocks... [Laughing]

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#111791 - 15/02/04 10:36 PM Re: Bronco Canyon (Lango Marchino?)
NthLJ Offline

[Huh?] eek Oh my f'ng GOD!! Some of this trail might be good for a run, but most of it was described (after the fact) as 5++ and I was told the Rubicon would be fairly easy after doing this...before running it I was told I might have a little bit of a challenge [Too much XOC] I made it through with only having a ripped sidewall and spring hangers/sliders got an extreme workout. (further edited to add: dented oil pan, dented crossmember, dented ARB skidplate, dented factory skidplate, missing more rear dif bolt, assorted other abrasion stuff underneath, two bad wheel studs...) winch had to be used a couple of times and I got hung up twice really bad and the Jeepers were nice enough to spot and strap me through those spots. I'll see about pictures later...I'm taking a tranquilizer and going to bed [Geek] [Sleep]

edited to add: I\'ve been playing with flash... these shots should give you an idea of the terrain, but sorry no X shots yet. I know some were taken, but not by me! I had to concentrate smile

Still no X pics, but I hope to get some soon...

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#111792 - 19/02/04 10:03 AM Re: Bronco Canyon (Lango Marchino?)
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
Hey Charlie,
Danno and I are heading up that way weekend after this coming...but we don't know where we're going [Huh?] . Can you tell us where the trail head is and is there a recommended map? Thanks..
PS Liked your Flash...
PSS NO, parts are not included.....sorry!

#111793 - 19/02/04 06:43 PM Re: Bronco Canyon (Lango Marchino?)
NthLJ Offline

Hopefully you are headed up in the FJ? ...actually, you would be okay because you have underside armour. I can show you all where it is, but I don't think my rig will see that trail again until things get modified a bit more smile When do we start going on runs to the Sierras? It should be happening soon.

If you have a fax I can send you details of the entire run complete with descriptions and waypoints, just give me a number and I'll fire it off. I wouldn't mind doing it again (with the exception of what they were calling Bronco Canyon, someone told me it was Largo, Lango--Marchino, machino something-or-other valley officially.) I especially want ot have a look at the petrogliphs--apparently they are dated back to a couple thousand years ago and there are a ton of them in the area.

The general area for Bronco is n39.20.049,w119.37.556 hard left into pinion trees, follow large power lines north, will get to abandoned ranch (Cottonwood Ranch) on the left. Continue north following power lines. There will be a faint track going to the right, n39.24.487, w119.34.181. Trail is rated 5++, large tires, lockers and Rubicon type experience required/(recommended :rolleyes: , my X made it albeit with some undercarriage character additions--I need a new oil pan, but hey you might miss that rock wink ) I can show you the way in, but will take a detour around that portion and walk back up the trail to check out the carnage-er-ah...fun [Spit]

#111794 - 20/02/04 07:57 PM Re: Bronco Canyon (Lango Marchino?)
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
That is awesome! When are we going on some sierra runs, I am going to be up there again tomorrow and Sunday. I am going to try and get on some trails at the north end of lake tahoe, we'll see with the weather rolling in and all. At the worst I'll have to settle for some snow boarding. Life is tough!

By the way, nice flash presentation.

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal