Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116131 - 24/06/04 09:03 PM Barker Pass area July 4th
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
There were quite a few trips going on in the other thread...

I'm looking at heading up Sat and hanging out in South Lake. Then camping out on the trail. Sun is trail day and fireworks...camp out again Sun and head home early on Mon.

Here's the info on the trails again.

Barker OHV (is rated a 6/7)

a few pics from last year

more pics

The trail is an offshoot from the Barker Loop and requires you do the last part of the Con. It would also be fun to run the con in up to the Observation Point (rated a 6/7). These would be challenging trails (requiring sliders, a mild lift, and some good tires), but there is plenty to explore for stockers in that area.

some reading about the area

and some more

Here\'s the trail ratings

Anyone interested? Casper4 you still down? I think SloMatt and his jeep are in.

#116132 - 24/06/04 09:12 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
patrickmb Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA
Unfortunately, I will be out of town. frown You guys have a great time. [ThumbsUp]

#116133 - 26/06/04 10:49 AM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can make that [ThumbsUp] , i hope others can frown .

#116134 - 26/06/04 11:14 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Count me in...I look forward to off-roading where I've never been before, Thanx Huey!!!

Sign Me Up:
1- Huey
2- Casper4
3- Kaiotik -AKA- Andy / Camping Both Saturday & Sunday.

I'll see you all out there...

#116135 - 26/06/04 11:46 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Hello...not sure if I can make it or not ( I will be in the area camping with family at Donner Lake) but I would like to get the details of when and where your going to meet in case I can squeeze away and drop in.

I would run the trail with you up into the point you turn off to go on the con.....not taking my stocker there. I would just keep going and go up over barker pass and run down Blackwood canyon back to 89.

As soon as you know the details please post........it would just be nice to finally meet some of you guys

#116136 - 27/06/04 09:32 AM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
Huey Offline

So I still don't quite have exact details yet, but I have an idea of the camp spots...I'm thinking in the general areas of McKinney, Lilly, or Miller Lakes. Here's a few helpful maps.

see upper right corner
pdf of rubicon

Barker Map

About the trail ride on Sun. I think it would be fun to go out to Observation point 1st and then around the Barker OHV. We should be done in time to get a bite to eat in South Lake for Dinner.

#116137 - 27/06/04 09:59 AM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dam, this is my back yard, I can't make it. frown I will be visiting family. Oh well, I'll catch you guys on the next trip. Have fun.
[Wave]
Casper

#116138 - 27/06/04 01:54 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im taking a trip over to Barker Pass today to see how the trail looks. 2 weeks ago there was a 50 feet long water hole and i was wondering if it has dried up. Ill post it later.

Casper4

#116139 - 27/06/04 04:51 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have never seen that many Jeeps in one place in my life!! There must have been atleast 50 Jeeps, most of them lifted Rubicons.

Well, besides the jeeps and those pesky mosquitoes mad the trail looks fine. The water run-off has swept away the dirt leaving basketball size rocks sticking out of the ground.

The water hole is now a mud/water hole about 20 feet long that is pretty sweet to go through.

I'm sure it will be a sick trail ride laugh . Im still down to going.

Casper4

#116140 - 29/06/04 10:38 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
KaiOtiK Offline

Hey Huey,

Are you going to post any details for the trip to Barker Pass this weekend...???

Meeting places, times, FRS Stations, CB Stations...ETC.

I'm looking forward to testing my "New Tires" out...Super Swamper LTB's 33x13.50x16's...YEA [Smoking]

#116141 - 30/06/04 12:39 AM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by KaiOtiK:
..I'm looking forward to testing my "New Tires" out...Super Swamper LTB's 33x13.50x16's...YEA [Smoking]
eek 33? What happened to your old set? They weren't that bad yet, were they? [Huh?]

#116142 - 30/06/04 07:46 AM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
Huey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KaiOtiK:

I'm looking forward to testing my "New Tires" out...Super Swamper LTB's 33x13.50x16's...YEA [Smoking]
Are those they ones that run larger? eek How do the fit so far?

...ok I looked them up. Actual size is 32.8" tall, but it's a bias ply tire. Great for airing down to low pressure due the very stiff side wall, but damn that is going to be a rough ride on the street...Are they loud???

http://www.intercotire.com/html/ltb.htm

BTW, I'll post details for the trip tonight.

#116143 - 30/06/04 09:20 AM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
patrickmb Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA
I'm sorry I'm gonna miss it. :p Have a great time playing with the new tires Andy ! ....and this guy --> [Smoking] kinda looks like you (except the green) [ThumbsUp]

#116144 - 30/06/04 04:30 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
KaiOtiK Offline

Hey All,

First...I was running my Truxus M/T's with a bad alignment for over 4 months, which caused considerable front tire wear.

Instead of getting Qty-2 new front Truxus tires, I chose to get a whole new set of Super Swamper LTB's instead, 33x13.50x16 with a 33" diameter...I've always wanted to put a much wider tire on my X, but I was unable to because of the front stock fenders...It was just recently I finally received and installed my new fiberglass fenders...So I decided to get the larger tires.

I am extremely happy with them so far...No rubbing of any kind...Yes they are louder than my Truxus tires, but less loud than my old BF Goodrich M/T's I had when I moved down to Cali...As for the roughness of the ride, "NO"...They are harder than the Truxus but softer than the BF Goodrich M/T's.

Also max air pressure on the tire itself reads 40PSI...I run them at 32PSI with a very smooth ride.

I hope this helps clear things up a little...

PS: THEY LOOK REALLY KEWL ON MY X!!!

Hey Patrick...Yes, very similar appearance, but I have hair...LoL!!!

I'll see you all at this weekends Xcursion to Barker Pass @ Tahoe!!! If you come, you'll see them [Wave]

#116145 - 30/06/04 04:35 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mother F#@ker!!! I was informed today thet i have to work on the morning of the 4th. I am so pissed off mad ! Sorry i cant make it, but i can go to Padroe atleast smile .

Casper4

#116146 - 30/06/04 07:44 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
Huey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Casper4:
Mother F#@ker!!! I was informed today thet i have to work on the morning of the 4th...
Well damn...I think we should just postpone this trip. These are great trails and I'd rather wait till more people can go. Sorry Andy, but unless you really want to go this weekend let me know.

#116147 - 30/06/04 08:44 PM Re: Barker Pass area July 4th
KaiOtiK Offline

Hey Huey,

I would definantly like to go on this trip...

I've never been to Barker Pass before. I think it'll be a blast...

If it's just you and me...We can hit alot more trails than with the group...

I already scheduled my plans to off-road this Sat, Sun, & Monday.

If you don't want to go to Barker Pass, maybe we can hit Barney Riley or Bear Valley. Both of these trails are challenging, although I've never been to Barker Pass and I'd like to go before I move to Texas.

Let's meet Saturday Morning @ 8:00am...I suspect it'll take approximantly 4 hours to arrive @ our destination, which will put us there right @ lunchtime, and the rest of the day to off-road.

Let me know what you would like to do...Thanx Huey [Wave]

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal