Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113974 - 21/08/04 12:06 AM KJ's Utah Road Trip
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Today I woke up at 5am and arrived in Salt Lake City at around 10pm. We averaged 80mph most of the way thru Nevada (Speed limit 75 mph). Nevada is a desolate wasteland filled with Rednecks and truckers (no offence to rednecks and truckers out there smile ). My buddy and
I were probably the only chinese people within a 100 mile radius. Nevada does have some interesting road signs. 8)

Upon entering Utah, I went looking for the Bonneville Salt Falts BLM Park. While there, I saw a rocket car, and a couple of other racing teams practicing and testing new equipment. The place is open to the public and everyone is welcome to take a spin on the track and "air out" their rides on the Salt Flats.

The Salt Flats are hundreds of miles wide and long. Forget quarter mile.... how about a straight line race which lasts for miles and miles.

My Xterra now Reeks of salt and I gotta go find a car wash tomorrow and give the underbody a good washing.

Onto the pics...

http://community.webshots.com/album/177604529YBioDg

Next... Moab and Las Vegas.

#113975 - 24/08/04 11:23 AM Re: KJ's Utah Road Trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man do I ever miss a good road trip. I just enjoyed looking at the pics of the open road. I have to ask, though, do you always drive with the "check engine" light on? cool

#113976 - 24/08/04 01:41 PM Re: KJ's Utah Road Trip
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Nice road trip! I'm looking forward to mine next month...camping and hiking the narrows of Zion and Bryce.

#113977 - 24/08/04 11:27 PM Re: KJ's Utah Road Trip
KJ_dragon Offline

Just got back.

Rough stats....
  • 2300+ miles
  • 4 states
  • 35+ hours driving time
  • 35 bottles of water consumed

I visited.....
  • Reno
  • Bonneville Salt Flats
  • Salt Lake City
  • Moab
  • Secret Spire Trail in Moab
  • Gemini Bridges Trail in Moab
  • Arches National Park in the moonlight
  • hiked Lion's Back Trail (cause I was too chicken to drive it!!!)
  • Spent the night in a 4 star hotel on the Las Vegas Strip
  • Walked Hoover Dam

#113978 - 24/08/04 11:31 PM Re: KJ's Utah Road Trip
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenirah:
Man do I ever miss a good road trip. I just enjoyed looking at the pics of the open road. I have to ask, though, do you always drive with the "check engine" light on? cool
My Xterra is very picky. Whenever I go on long drives (3 hours or more), the "Check Engine" light will turn on. I never feel any performance loss, and the light will turn off after a couple of tanks of gas. I suspect that my Xterra doesn't like the gas at higher elevations (most of my long trips are to the snow or mountains) or it doesn't like the constant travel at 70mph.

This past road trip, the light turned on at mile 100, and it turned off somewhere around mile 1500. It was off for a whole couple of hundred miles, before I put in cheap "sinclair gas" and it turned back on. It's still on now at mile 2300+.

Annoying as hell, but its always been like that ever since I have had it.

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal