2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112078 - 07/06/05 02:04 PM This saturday (11th) cisco grove area
Tolleyy Offline

Loc: Wheatland, CA
I know most of you will be going on the trip on sunday, but my only free day this month is on saturday so I'll be heading to cisco grove eagle lakes area. The trails been fixed so I'll be up doing some trail scouting and try signal peak if I can. If anyone is interested just let me know.

Mike
04 Titan LE CC BT OR E-locker Hypertech max energy DIY airbox mod PAC-Audio IPOD navigation video interface with night vision back up camera 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers Bilstein 5100's all around with 08 PRO4X springs up front and lovin it!

#112079 - 07/06/05 02:39 PM Re: This saturday (11th) cisco grove area
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Hey Mike...what is your elevation up there.....I just came down through there and there was still a considerable amount of snow. Have you checked with the local ranger?

#112080 - 08/06/05 12:49 PM Re: This saturday (11th) cisco grove area
Tolleyy Offline

I should definatley hit some snow after today!
snow level is hovering around 6-7000 ft according to the weatherguru's on tv. I believe I'll be at the 5500-6500ft area, but I like playing in the snow anyway laugh

I just need josh up there to pull my ass out when I get stuck [Uh Oh !]
04 Titan LE CC BT OR E-locker Hypertech max energy DIY airbox mod PAC-Audio IPOD navigation video interface with night vision back up camera 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers Bilstein 5100's all around with 08 PRO4X springs up front and lovin it!

#112081 - 08/06/05 12:55 PM Re: This saturday (11th) cisco grove area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tolleyy:
I should definatley hit some snow after today!
snow level is hovering around 6-7000 ft according to the weatherguru's on tv. I believe I'll be at the 5500-6500ft area, but I like playing in the snow anyway laugh

I just need josh up there to pull my ass out when I get stuck [Uh Oh !]
I knew I was good for something. :p
As for snow, the weather man is slightly off. It is more like 8000 foot level. It was lower this morning, but has risen in the last few hours. I'm in. I need to stay local this weekend.

laugh
Casper

#112082 - 13/06/05 01:51 PM Re: This saturday (11th) cisco grove area
Tolleyy Offline

It turned out to be a really great trail! All my pics are here.

We had to turn around because of a wierd off camber section of the trail... too much pucker factor

This one here is called driveline hill, when we got there a yota lost it's driveline so I guess the name fits.

There is a bypass around it though

We found a alot more trails to explore so it's worth a trip back up.
Josh, get those pics developed!

#112083 - 13/06/05 09:38 PM Re: This saturday (11th) cisco grove area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tolleyy:

We had to turn around because of a wierd off camber section of the trail... too much pucker factor

We found a alot more trails to explore so it's worth a trip back up.
Josh, get those pics developed!
And that was before my front left tire would have dropped eek [Huh?]
There are a ton of trails up there, we definately need to do some more exploring.
As for my pictures, I have to wait for them to get back from the developers. God I need to get a digital camera. [Uh Oh !]

[Wave]
Casper

#112084 - 14/06/05 10:42 AM Re: This saturday (11th) cisco grove area
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Your pictures say that you guys had a great time... smile I'm not sure about traffic on a tril, though... (Isn't that a big reason we drive hours to come to the Sierras to see no traffic? :p )

So, where exactly you guys ended up going? And, what's the current snow level report after this trip? :rolleyes:

#112085 - 14/06/05 10:47 AM Re: This saturday (11th) cisco grove area
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
Quote:
Originally posted by Casper:

God I need to get a digital camera. [Uh Oh !]
http://www.techbargains.com/

Scroll down to the Dell section, some good deals on the Canon smile cool

#112086 - 14/06/05 12:41 PM Re: This saturday (11th) cisco grove area
Tolleyy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XSAL:
Your pictures say that you guys had a great time... smile I'm not sure about traffic on a tril, though... (Isn't that a big reason we drive hours to come to the Sierras to see no traffic? :p )

So, where exactly you guys ended up going? And, what's the current snow level report after this trip? :rolleyes:
The traffic was only on driveline hill watching the heavily modified rigs tackle it, which to me is part of the fun. Kick back, have a beer, BS with other wheelers, and watch people break stuff laugh

As far as snow, we didn't even it one tiny little patch. My son was bummed because he brought his snow ball maker and wanted to bring home some snowballs. We did see snow on top of the taller peaks though.

We ran part of the sierra trek fordyce trail till we hit the pucker incline. We then turned around and headed towards eagle lake, stopped at the lake, then headed out. There's a trail heading over to the other side of eagle lake, trail to lake spaulding, and 2 trails to the top if signal peak to check out. All with decent wheeling, not just a foresthill fire road.

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal