2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111543 - 10/06/05 03:34 PM Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Ryan's coming over to do his 30k service, so if anyone else has a project bring it over.

I'm going to have to limit the number of trucks over this time (I think I scared the neighbors a bit last time smile ), so only sign-up if you want to lend a hand or need to do some work.

BTW, Ryan will be over at 9:30, but everyone else can show up anytime after 9:30.

3105 D. Street
Hayward, CA 94541

Who's coming?
---------------------
1. Ryan

#111544 - 10/06/05 05:07 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who's coming?
---------------------
1. Ryan
2. Nick

I'll came by and help out.

#111545 - 10/06/05 06:22 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who's coming?
---------------------
1. Ryan
2. Nick
3. Dave5434

I'm going to set up a time to meet ryan and caravan, + I have a light bar to mount...

#111546 - 10/06/05 09:17 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im out gotta work. Im Broke for any mods for a while. I found a bummper at the wrecking yard and $50.00 latter its installed pictures to follow. I fear anyone who runs into the rear of me now eek . I also took the xterra in for and oil leak and boy the mechanic hates me now laugh Thought it was the rear main seal and transfer case seal and it turned out to be the oil pan. Stopped by on the way home and pieces where everywhere and he was drinking a corona laugh . It will be a few weeks before I can get out again.

#111547 - 17/06/05 04:42 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Anonymous
Unregistered

So is this still going on? I don't have any mods to do but I'll help someone else wrench on their truck if they want. I just don't want to drive up if there isn't enough work for me to help out with. Let me know and if so can you post or PM me the address so I can map quest it?

#111548 - 17/06/05 04:51 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Huey Offline

This is still on, but it looks like only Ryan and Dave need to do work.

BTW, the address is in the 1st post.

#111549 - 17/06/05 05:04 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Yeah i will still be down there tomorrow morning....but I don't know if I have enough to do to keep everyone busy.

Dave has a light bar to install.

I have the following to do (I have no idea how long it will take to do this time wise):

repack the wheel bearings
install synthetic in the transfer case
install synthetic in the front and rear diff

Huey has done the repack a few times so maybe he can put on a clinic for all of us (I will be his hands of course) if you want to learn how to do that and what tools you need.

If you are in the general area I say come on buy. I am shooting to be there at 9:30am....Dave and I are caravaning down from Sac....anyone else from Sac that wants to go PM me....or just meet us at the McDonalds off of Mace Blvd in Davis on I-80 7:45am sharp.

See you then

#111550 - 17/06/05 05:17 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Anonymous
Unregistered

duh...I totally missed the address. ya I think I will swing by then. See you guys around 9:30

#111551 - 17/06/05 05:30 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I may swing by to say [Wave] .

I will be helping my sister and brother-in-law move into their new house and its not too far away. (just up the hill)

By the way - Huey - I was out in San Mateo on sunday and saw your X parked in front of Toys R Us. I didn't even notice it - but my Girlfriend points it out and goes... "there's someone from that club of yours". I look over and see Huey's Silver Ice Beast - just sitting there.

I asked my GF if she would let me turn my X into something like that. She said "yeah - that's what it's for - isn't it?" God I love her.

#111552 - 17/06/05 05:47 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
..."there's someone from that club of yours". I look over and see Huey's Silver Ice Beast - just sitting there.
No, no... That's not a Sliver Ice Beast... That is a Silver Submarine... :p
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
I asked my GF if she would let me turn my X into something like that. She said "yeah - that's what it's for - isn't it?" God I love her.
Well, then...Let's get started. What are you waiting for! laugh

#111553 - 17/06/05 08:10 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Woo Hoo!

Quote:
Huey has done the repack a few times so maybe he can put on a clinic for all of us (I will be his hands of course) if you want to learn how to do that and what tools you need.
Quote:
I'm not leaving for Moab until Sunday, so I'll be there for the instruction. wink

RX

#111554 - 17/06/05 10:18 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got to back out, have to much to due before my business trip to North Carolina (YEE HAW). You guys have fun and I will see ya on the trip or Mod Day.. frown

#111555 - 19/06/05 11:49 AM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
I want to thank EVERONE that showed up to watch and help the bearing repack yesterday. We wound up getting everything done (thanks to the parts department at San Lorenzo Nissan....and on thakns to the parts department of Turner Nissan here in Sac which gave me the wrong seals t obring down) and I learned SO MUCH in the process.

I want to thank Richard and Nick who showed up to watch and help................and especially thank Huey for volunteering his place/tools/and Xterra as a shuttle service to get us to and from the dealersihp parts department. It was all much appreciated!

Now just have to stock pile my next mods to do on future mod days. Take care!

Ryan H

PS. BTW Huey............I measure the hitch mount bike rack.....it is about 9.5" from the point where the pin retains it in the hitch to the back of the vertical arm that holds the bikes. I can't remember where you measured the 13" dimesnion on your truck. IF you want me to take another measurement just tell me from where to where? It sounds like it may not stick out far enough for yo uthough. BTW....I can't remember is your spare centered over the back hatch?

#111556 - 19/06/05 04:24 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Anonymous
Unregistered

no problem, it was alot of fun. It was nice to meet some of the guys from here on the forum. I'm just sorry I had to leave early. Did the new wheel bearing fit on the spindle just fine or was the spindle the problem? Take it easy

#111557 - 19/06/05 08:46 PM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Huey Offline

Ryan, any time dude. BTW, I don't think the bike rack will fit, I measured from the tip of the hitch and got the 13".

Nick and Rich, thanks for helping. I'm still not sure what the issue was, I think it was the spindle...we ended up tapping the old bearing on (it went on easily once it got past the "lip" of the spindle). The new bearing had the same issue. Either the dealership did something wrong last time or Ryans spindle has always had this issue, but whatever the problem it's on now and should be working fine.

Kenny, I doubt you saw me at the Toys R Us, my X has been in the garage for the last few weeks. I guess there's another built Siler X somewhere in San Mateo?

#111558 - 20/06/05 09:52 AM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Huey:

Kenny, I doubt you saw me at the Toys R Us, my X has been in the garage for the last few weeks. I guess there's another built Siler X somewhere in San Mateo?
Um...
*it had the SE rims - painted black.
*iT had an ARB -
*it had what looked like a 3 inch lift.
*it had some sort of (looked like) Magelan GPS mounted to the left of the steering wheel.
*A ton of stickers on the rear glass - including an XOC sticker and K&N sticker.

Sure that's not you?

#111559 - 20/06/05 10:34 AM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
Huey Offline

*it had the SE rims - painted black. check
*iT had an ARB - check
*it had what looked like a 3 inch lift. check
*it had some sort of (looked like) Magelan GPS mounted to the left of the steering wheel. nope...I have a Garmin V mounted to the right (center of dash)
*A ton of stickers on the rear glass - including an XOC sticker and K&N sticker. ton-o-stickers yes, but no XOC or K&N sticker on the back glass

Did it have a Calmini rear tire carrier with a gas can mount on it? If so someone's been driving my X... [Too much XOC]

#111560 - 20/06/05 10:55 AM Re: Mod Day Sat (6/18)
KJ_dragon Offline

Darn - I would have thought the black painted rims were unique to you Huey only. [Crybaby]

No rear tire carrier or gas can. I think it had bridestone Revo's - 32" maybe. I don't remember seeing sliders of any kind either.

I had my camera with me - I knew I should have taken a pic. mad

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal