For those who do not know, [Uh Oh !] I am saddened to let you all know that on Saturday, July 1, 2006, Robb Logan passed away in Las Vegas due to complications related to the illness he valiantly fought for the past several years.

He was a sometimes controversial member of SCCX, was widely traveled, and became well known in many Xterra clubs, including NCCX. laugh I remember him as one who was always full-of-energy, full-of-life, and often mischievous! I first met him many years ago at the CALX in Sequoia NP.

I hold many fond memories of Xcursions with Logan....whether in his yellow Xterra, his silver Frontier, or his Volvo X-Country. He always brought excitement and a sense of humor to any Xcursion he attended!

There was not any "official" funeral, but some of us are making plans to hold a memorial tribute to him at one of his favorite spots -- the Geologist's Cabin in Death Valley (actually, Butte Valley). Blue-J (Jean Miller) told me he had taken her there before his illness had progressed so she could watch the sun rise over Striped Butte....something he said she just HAD to experience!

We are tentatively planning on holding this Xcursion on the weekend of October 13-15. Plans are to stay in Ballarat on Friday night, drive through Goler Wash and over Mengel Pass into Butte Valley on Saturday, spending Saturday night at the Geologist's cabin, holding the memorial there as the sun rises over Striped Butte, recounting our memories of Logan, and returning home through Death Valley on Sunday.

Those of you that would like to participate in Logan's remembrance, please let me know by e-mailing me at L_J_Jefferson@yahoo.com.

Please also forward this message along to anyone who knew him and might want to attend.

Thanks and God bless,
Lory Jefferson aka Blue Leader
Co-founder/Former Board Member
SCCX (So Cal Club Xterra)