2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118693 - 19/04/06 11:50 AM Tillamook OHV SOLV cleanup (Oregon)
Toy Man Offline

Loc: Beaverton Oregon
I highly recommend this event. Meet lot's of other 4x4's, see parts of the forest you may not be knowledgable about and help cleanup a LOT of trash.

Toy Man

Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:59 AM
Subject: Tillamook Forest SOLV Day Set April 22
The Oregon Department of Forestry distributed the following news release today.

Tillamook State Forest Hosts SOLV Day Forest Clean-Up April 22

The Oregon Department of Forestry is partnering with SOLV to sponsor the Tillamook State Forest as a project site Saturday, April 22, for SOLV's
annual Earth Day SOLV IT! event.

Each year dozens of volunteers work with ODF employees to remove upwards of 90 cubic yards of garbage, tires and scrap metal forest-wide.

Registration for the ODF state forest event begins at 8 a.m., with the clean-up running from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The gathering point, or staging
area, for the event is at the Oregon Department of Transportation sands shed on Highway 6 near milepost 35.

Volunteers should wear long pants, long sleeves and sturdy shoes. Children should be age 12 or older to participate, and you re asked to leave your pets at home.

Snacks and drinks will be provided.

Those interested in volunteering at the Tillamook Forest Site should contact Stephanie Beall 503.359.7464.

#118694 - 19/04/06 04:50 PM Re: Tillamook OHV SOLV cleanup (Oregon)
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
I second that, great idea!

In the past, I have helped out at probably a dozen SOLV events, and every one of them has been a great experience. My old neighbor was the director of SOLV, and for years he kept us in the loop with the beach cleanups, local cleanups, SOLV-IT - pretty much any time they did a cleanup he would let me know, and I was there. After I moved, I kind of fell out of touch with SOLV events, but would like to get involved again. Thanks for the heads up!

The people that run SOLV are really dedicated to the program, and because it is non-profit the only way they can keep the program running is through volunteer efforts and corporate donations.

#118695 - 19/04/06 10:15 PM Re: Tillamook OHV SOLV cleanup (Oregon)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been doing SOLV events all my life; it's a good way to give something back to the places we have good times at. My parents are actually the executive and associate directors of SOLV, PDXterra whats your name? I'll let my dad know. We still live in the Helvetia area. I'll be winching out the larger stuff around the greater Helvetia area on saturday for SOLV-IT. If anyone's interested it's a great event and you can get more information at www.solv.org Thanks

#118696 - 20/04/06 11:15 AM Re: Tillamook OHV SOLV cleanup (Oregon)
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Travis...is that you? wink

You've got to be careful around here, there are spys everwhere. J/K...

I used to live on Logie Trail, we had a dog named Joker.

#118697 - 20/04/06 03:07 PM Re: Tillamook OHV SOLV cleanup (Oregon)
Anonymous
Unregistered

noooowaaay... Pete! whats up man? Long time no talk. I saw that nice Xterra you had and I couldn't resist, haha. I got one awhile ago. We should catch up, Email me at Travisjustdoesit@aol.com

As for the SOLV-IT like I said anyone that wants to get out there its a good thing and more info. can be found at www.solv.org

#118698 - 20/04/06 11:26 PM Re: Tillamook OHV SOLV cleanup (Oregon)
Anonymous
Unregistered

damn, i already got saturday pretty booked up. Wish it was sunday instead.

Moderator:  Mosi 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal