Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122211 - 14/05/03 08:00 PM Who dat on Hwy 75
wkc160 Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
Saw a Dark colored Xterra (Green or Black) heading south bound on 75 around Spring Creek/Parker area 8:30 am Mon/Tues, exited Spring Valley with XOC sticker on rear bumper, license plate started with NT---, had a bent CB antena on the roof (looked magnetic, or could have been bolted to the rack cross member). Didn't look like any Xterra I knew from SWXC.

Ken

#122212 - 15/05/03 06:07 AM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Ken, I believe Chris has your Idler Arm brace as I gave it to him this weekend. He has a towhook for Scott too. Maybe one of you can hook up with him.

-Roger

#122213 - 15/05/03 03:54 PM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
That sounds like RB42, but he has a SWXC and TreadLightly sticker on his windows; did you happen to see either of those?

If it is not RB42, I have no clue, but I too have seen that truck rollin around.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#122214 - 16/05/03 08:47 AM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
No CB on mine... my stickers are on the rear window (drv side) too...

Suprised I haven't seen Ken on 75 more often (actually I've never seen him, but I always catch this silver one that gets off at McDermott).. I pass tons of people taking the acess lanes.

FYI - I am seeing a few around here (black, yellow, silver) with the motor trend suv of the year award (one's here at work actually) on their windows... from a distance it looks like SWXC almost. smile

Sounds like my driving however... I'll jump off and on 75 constantly to beat the traffic. smile I do however pick a spot and stay back when merging, rather than running all the way up to the end of the lane... I almost always get a spot easily when people see I'm actually holding the incoming traffic back a bit vs clogging it all up at the last moment. smile

FYI - Access road next to Legacy Cinemark is getting hit by police really bad lately. They picked off the truck behind me last tuesday (whew!)..

#122215 - 16/05/03 11:03 PM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
wkc160 Offline

Thanks Roger, I'll get in touch with Chris one of these days when I get near Fort Worth. Maybe for another Mod day?

Reid, You'll rarely see me on 75 with the X, I only drive it about 1 or 2 times each week. Usually on Weekends. I drive my Neon ACR to work, saves on gas and keeps Xterra to 12 k miles each year.

The Xterra in question had no SWXC sticker on the window, just XOC on the bumper so I thought it'd be someone who frequented this forum. Maybe one of these days I'll see them at the local mall or something.

Theres actually quite a few Xterras in Allen, even a lifted Yellow one (body lift I believe).

#122216 - 19/05/03 09:15 AM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
rb42 Offline

Theres a lifted yellow one with the roof rack running around here too... didn't see any stickers however.

Mostly I see the tube bumpers, sometimes the light brush guards. Nothing serious... (unlike this Jeep with 10 million stickers I see around 190/coit a lot - he's definitely offroad on the weekends. )

What color is your Neon? Just to make sure I don't cut you off or anything. smile hehehehe (just jokin!)

#122217 - 20/05/03 09:58 PM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
wkc160 Offline

Its a 97 model 4 dr white (older body style) with a thin layer of Texas dust. I really should wash it soon.

Next time you cut in front of a white 4 door, look for empty foglight holes. This is a trademark of the Neon ACR. I don't know of any other in this area so its a good sign that its me smile

#122218 - 26/05/03 04:35 PM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
rb42 Offline

97 - yeah, same year as my stepdaughter's Espresso... except I think it has foglights.. not sure..

How many miles you got on that thing? Just curious.. at 65K, she's only hit a stuck EGR problem and brake issues... (well, let me rephrase that - she's "hit" quite a few things, including fences, but has not had much car trouble. )

-=RB

#122219 - 27/05/03 03:48 PM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
zoso Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
ok, who's lifted green x was at the gas station by pace bend on monday? looking nice.

#122220 - 28/05/03 03:05 PM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
rb42 Offline

I'm seeing more and more of them around Mckinney... there's a nice yellow SC parked on Virgina a lot... guys at the central Fire station have a white one, some guy with a modded jeep in my neighborhood has a brown one (anyone know who "spot" customs is? It's plastered all over his rig but I have never found it..)

I'll have to drop by his house sometime and leave a flyer... hes' definitely into the offroad bit.

-=RB

#122221 - 03/06/03 11:30 PM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
wkc160 Offline

Reid,

Neon only had a problem when I blew out a spark plug...they think it was the platinum plugs getting hot/cold and loosening up (probably my fault for not tightening that one plug enough). Anyway they helicoiled 1 plug 3 years ago. I just hit over 73k, no problems but I'm pretty good about the 3-5k mile change and its been on mobil1 since about 1k mile.

Mechanicals are good (I think I need a new clutch and some shifter bushings - have 1 inch of play after 5 years). The ACR model is a blast to drive, and the only complaint I have is its poor paint quality, I have some flakes coming off. Also the steering pump resevoir/cap can't handle any aggressive driving and used to boil the steering fluid over onto my exhaust manifold when I autocrossed a couple of years ago - looked bad having smoke come out of the engine after a run smile .

I'm hoping that I can get another 30-40k before I have any serious mechanicals. I think I'd get a mopar crate motor once that happens...cheaper than buying a new car, and I love working on cars...it'd be fun to put in a new engine. smile

Ken.

#122222 - 06/06/03 12:09 PM Re: Who dat on Hwy 75
rb42 Offline

especially one you could lift by yourself. smile Heheh, ok, maybe not. Hers is doing OK considering she's a teenager. Paint flakes? Haven't seen any, but then she doesen't have much paint on some areas because she took it through a barbed wire fence once.

EGR went south again this week.. this time I removed it and worked it over with cleaner. Next time I'll just spend $$ on a new one I guess. Otherwise, it seems like a pretty decent car.

Still haven't noticed ya on 75... but now I've got to start looking out for Surfing teacher dude too... smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal