Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124942 - 18/12/03 05:30 PM mods
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
considering some mods. need new tires by march so planning on 32's, either dunlop [Argue] or yoko's. calmini suspension lift in apr or may, and a snorkel. been hearing alot of good about the dunlops and they are cheaper. smile suspension i hear is good except for shocks. snorkel, any ideas?? any help will be appreciated. thanks guys.

dirt guy, what snorkel do you have??

#124943 - 18/12/03 06:08 PM Re: mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am sold on the dunlops...might be trying to fit 33s on my R50...which is next to impossible

#124944 - 18/12/03 06:13 PM Re: mods
shiner Offline

once i get suspension lift, plan on 33's. just need to find a job without driving.

can i join tnt??

#124945 - 18/12/03 07:00 PM Re: mods
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by zed:
considering some mods. need new tires by march so planning on 32's, either dunlop [Argue] or yoko's. calmini suspension lift in apr or may, and a snorkel. been hearing alot of good about the dunlops and they are cheaper. smile suspension i hear is good except for shocks. snorkel, any ideas?? any help will be appreciated. thanks guys.

dirt guy, what snorkel do you have??
WOW Zed...Those are some serious Mods...Must be getting a good Christmas Bonus this year, Huh!!!
Dirt guy and I put some Shackles on my X and cranked-up the front Torsion Bars, got a good
1-1/2" Lift, probably get me some 31" Dueler Revo's by January...Hopefully...That will Lift it more a bit...When are we hitting The Den...call me up...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#124946 - 18/12/03 07:10 PM Re: mods
shiner Offline

rickster, give a call tomorrow, wife and i going to dukes off of I-10 at 7pm. smile don't know where, but give a call for directions and i may get you lost. christmas bonus to bills, [Crybaby] going to need tires by march, and saving for suspension lift in may. snorkel is all credit card (don't tell wife [Argue] ....plan on local mod day to install and see her expression.....may be bad idea, but i'll tell her to [Save the fine unicorns]

edit: after a year and i am still married..... den sunday smile ?? call and let me know since won't have email till sunday.

#124947 - 18/12/03 10:24 PM Re: mods
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by zed:
rickster, give a call tomorrow, wife and i going to dukes off of I-10 at 7pm. smile don't know where, but give a call for directions and i may get you lost.

den sunday smile ?? call and let me know since won't have email till sunday.
Sounds Good...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#124948 - 19/12/03 06:18 AM Re: mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

After seeing the install and following troubles, I would not recommend the TJM snorkle that Kraig (austinbrtndr) installed. There are too many ways for it to fail.

Sounds like you have some nice plans for your rig. Can't wait to see it.

#124949 - 19/12/03 06:22 AM Re: mods
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Santa is bringing me a Calmini suspension lift and steering system!!!!!!

Every one say it with me now....

MOD-DAY Baybeeee!!!
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124950 - 19/12/03 06:30 AM Re: mods
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Yup... Jason's right... go with the S afari snorkel . Install is MUCH easier and there are less ways for it to fail. There are way too many connections on the TJM/Airtech snorkel which equals to many places for possible leaks. If I didn't already have a huge hole in the wrong place on my fender I would swap. Just be ready for non-stop comments and people gawking and laughing at you because they have no idea what it is and want to know why your Xterra has a "Ram Air" intake!?! If I had it to do over again, I think I would have passed on the snorkel. The attention was nice at first, but after every single day for several months, BAH! Just my opinion. Before you get it, I recommend writing "I'm a dumbass" (not saying you are wink ) on your forehead for a few days and see what the response is. It'll be about the same once you put on the snorkel. frown

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#124951 - 19/12/03 06:32 AM Re: mods
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
Santa is bringing me a Calmini suspension lift and steering system!!!!!!

Every one say it with me now....

MOD-DAY Baybeeee!!!
Hell yeah! Congrats on that! Merry Xmas!

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#124952 - 19/12/03 08:00 AM Re: mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow I missed this post!

Yep, I have the Safari Snorkel.

And you guys suck! [Finger] I wanna go to the Den!

We're leaving for Ruidoso Saturday morning but will be back next weekend.

Zed, Cool mod's! [ThumbsUp] Drop a dime when ya wanna build that beast up. cool

#124953 - 21/12/03 07:47 PM Re: mods
shiner Offline

4x4parts has two snorkels for 2000-2003 xterras. one is $244.31 the other is $250. what is difference? description same, no other real info. price difference is almost nothing so wonder if different brands? asking here first before i email them.

edit: safari link showed the $244.31 price, so i guess question answered. know which one to order now.

#124954 - 23/12/03 02:40 PM Re: mods
Kt Offline

Loc: Montgomery, Texas
I had some 32" Uniroyal Laredo M/T's on my Xterra and I loved them! Check them out, their nice and cheap and look great!

#124955 - 25/12/03 08:54 PM Re: mods
shiner Offline

accidently deleted trade in post, i do have a degree.... confused but lost. almost traded in on an atomic orange xe 4x4 cool . currently owe 42 months, would go to 60 months with $10 increase in payments. currently have 53k miles, cracked windshield, need rear brakes. could have new vehicle, go back only $600.00, but wife hate orange, no upgrades (suspension, steering, snorkel, gears...) for at least a year or two, and she needs a new car (pray for mazda rx8 or g35 sedan/coupe 6m/t, or titan k/c) since her civic is almost 10 years old.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal