Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126066 - 19/05/04 07:48 PM Austin Meeting/Camping Specifics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just drove out to Turkey Bend to scope things out. We have several options as far as camping spots, but I think the Tonkawa Camp Site would work the best. I will try to get there early (anyone up for camping Friday night, too?) and hold it down.

Directions to the camp site:
The park entrance has a drop box for fees - which are $5 per vehicle per day, so make sure you bring cash in the correct change. To Tonkawa, go .9 miles from the entrance and turn right onto a dirt road (next to the only toilet in the park). Follow the road till you see the Tonkawa Camp site sign. Follow the path to the left toward the water and around the trees. The camp site is on the left.

Directions to the park itself are here

Once you turn off of 1431, you stay straight on the same road until you get to the park. One of the reasons I picked this particular park is the drive out to it. I hope you enjoy all the twists and turns, but be careful!

Food The club has graciously offered to buy food to grill for Saturday's meeting. If you have a charcoal or gas grill you can bring, let me know. Bring your own drinks - but know that I have quite a bit of beer (Shiner, Bud Light, Coors Light) left over from a party, and I don't want to bring it back home. Since there is no running water, bring enough for yourself for the entire time. Also bring breakfast-fixings if you are camping and like to eat in the morning.

Fire If you want to bring a couple of sticks of firewood, that would be nice, but we are not expecting a cold night.

Misc Please let me know if you have any questions. I have a little cell signal out at the park, so call me if you need to 512.567.8073 If for some reason I am not able to secure the Tonkawa site, I will find a suitable area and station myself or someone else near the entrance with directions.

Hope to see you all there!

#126067 - 19/05/04 09:52 PM Re: Austin Meeting/Camping Specifics
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
i'll check with becky about going friday night. if we do, it will be late. need to take care of some stuff tomorrow then. will have frs on if make it friday night.

#126068 - 19/05/04 10:37 PM Re: Austin Meeting/Camping Specifics
Anonymous
Unregistered

how late can I get in to the the camp? Im trying to get saturday off or worked around so I can come. if not will be there early day on saturday but will need to leave for work by 3, maybe i can come after work on friday but it would be around midnight.

#126069 - 20/05/04 07:15 AM Re: Austin Meeting/Camping Specifics
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's no gate at the entrance, so I guess any time you could come in. Give me a call on my cell if you plan to come Friday.

#126070 - 21/05/04 07:43 AM Re: Austin Meeting/Camping Specifics
Anonymous
Unregistered

PLEASE let me know if you will be there tonight by 5pm today. Thanks.

#126071 - 21/05/04 08:21 AM Re: Austin Meeting/Camping Specifics
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I have a bag of charcol and some lighterfluid if someone wants to come pick it up. I have no use for it.

#126072 - 21/05/04 01:48 PM Re: Austin Meeting/Camping Specifics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jason,

Sorry I won't be able to get out there tonight, but I will be there around noon, I can only be there until 2 or so b/c I was unable to get work off so I have to work saturday night around 3 pm

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal