2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#128441 - 11/09/04 10:47 PM Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is anyone in the Club looking into getting the Calmini SAS when it comes out???

Just asking cause I'd take your used lift and steering off your hands. Also, I'd like to see a SAS X. Especially the Calmini one. Looks smooth.

#128442 - 12/09/04 10:39 AM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am going to get it when I can afford it but not right away, but I am still running a stock lift.....Im cranked and push in the rear but still all stock parts.

if anyone has parts I might want to upgrade too them after you get dibs I want 2nd dibs!

#128443 - 12/09/04 02:45 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

It all depends on the asking price for the kit I think. If they want in excess of 2k they can stuff it IMO. Especially since it doesn't include the front axle.

#128444 - 12/09/04 04:16 PM Re: Calmini SAS
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
It all depends on the asking price for the kit I think. If they want in excess of 2k they can stuff it IMO. Especially since it doesn't include the front axle.
You don't know much about manufacturing do you ? A brand new axle would cost you $2k alone. The shocks are close to $800.

Looks like you'll be IFS forever.

#128445 - 13/09/04 04:58 AM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

If it included a front axle then they could command a higher asking price. But $5k (the price being thrown around the forum lately) for the kit without a front axle is too far removed from being even remotely considered by me. If you can SAS a Toyota for $1,500. You should be able to do similarly to a X for the same(more for the coil over but not 3500 more).

I mean for 5k you could buy a "beater" with a Solid axle already on it.

#128446 - 13/09/04 05:12 AM Re: Calmini SAS
XOC Offline
Admin

Who said $5000 ?
That price is way off.

#128447 - 13/09/04 05:14 AM Re: Calmini SAS
XOC Offline
Admin

And no, you can't SAS a Toyota for $1,500, not with a Toyota axle (pointless to use anything else). A good rebuilt 1985 Toyota axle can run you $2k as they are becoming rare.

#128448 - 13/09/04 05:32 AM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

5k maybe off but we haven't been told any different.

The Toyota was without the front axle as well. I'm trying to compare similar deals.

On a side note...

I have to ask how Calmini sponsors you/this site to know if there is the potential for being biased. I honestly have no clue if you're plugging your sponsors or not. I can understand it if you are doing it. I just like to know where people are coming from when they defend a product.

#128449 - 13/09/04 05:51 AM Re: Calmini SAS
XOC Offline
Admin

I know more about most CALMINI products than most people, especially during development. I know pretty much how much the kit will cost, but am not at liberty to say.

The Toyota SAS from All Pro is $1499, but it's a leaf spring kit with $50 shocks. It doesn't even compare to a radius arm/coil over kit in complexity. You should be happy that CALMINI will be selling it at the price point they are targeting.

Am I biased ? Nope. CALMINI makes great products, and I like most of them. This SAS is something everyone has been asking for, and no one has been able to deliver it except them.

I defend them when ignorant chumps like you show up and tell them to stuff it, when you have no idea what you are talking about, that's all.

It happened with their gears, it happened with their steering, and it's happening again with the SAS, and I wish people like you would just avoid posting your useless comparisons and comments.

Everyone wanted gears, then whined about the price. Everyone wants an SAS, but they want it for $100, that's not going to happen. Manufacturers are in this business for one reason, to make money, not to give away parts cheap. If it's too expensive, then I recommend a different hobby.

#128450 - 13/09/04 06:47 AM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

I posted in my clubs forum on this board to share my opinion with it's members. I didn't post it in the main areas. My opinion is based on speculation of the kit's contents and guesses at pricing right now but they are based on all the information I've been provided. I'm only ignorant because I lack the information few are privy to at this time. Heck, I don't even know if they've finalized the kits contents. If they wanted to stop the misinformation they could do so with a simple post. In the mean time we will speculate. Calling me ignorant in this case is unnessasary and uncalled for not to mention assumed. We are being kept in the dark on purpose. If the kit is more all-inclusive than I think then I'll reconsider my opinion. Until more facts are released I'll keep my opinon in tact.

#128451 - 13/09/04 09:32 AM Re: Calmini SAS
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
you know they always say...

Better to be thought ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

With testing not complete it would be pointless to come on to the board and give a price when they are not sure that they have things like they want.

Better yet.. why should they come on the board and give details on the kit when it is not in its final form? To do that would let asshats bitch and complain about what they though was going to be in the kit because the final form is differant from what Calmini talked about in an early release post.

#128452 - 13/09/04 10:39 AM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
And no, you can't SAS a Toyota for $1,500, not with a Toyota axle (pointless to use anything else). A good rebuilt 1985 Toyota axle can run you $2k as they are becoming rare.
Not tacos...driver drop...most use D44s

I see where you are coming from Timmah, but the calmini sas is probably going to provide you the cheapest from start to trail SAS after everything is said and done. Don't take offense, lots of people are going to act like you shit in their chereos if you get too negative towards Calmini and rightfully so since they are at least providing us with manufactured products that others are not.

#128453 - 13/09/04 05:32 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Options are good even if I chose not to go that route I was already planning on a Calmini 3" suspension lift. From what I've read it's the best option at present. I was even positive about the SAS elsewhere on this board.

Maybe I'm looking at too much of the worse case scenerio picture I get in my mind when I read about the SAS. I've already talked to a friend of mine about the potential it would bring to the X should it be released. Whether it's the right option for me remains to be seen. I bought the X to be a toy but a functional one, ie not a trailer queen. I took it wheeling 5 times before my regular liscense plates came in. I'm glad for the option of an SAS even if I chose not to pursue it. If things are inline with what Ian is telling us then it still maybe an option. I'm not asking for something for nothing. I fully expect them to make a profit but I don't want to be gouged either.

Quote:
Better yet.. why should they come on the board and give details on the kit when it is not in its final form? To do that would let asshats bitch and complain about what they though was going to be in the kit because the final form is differant from what Calmini talked about in an early release post.
Why release the information at all at this point then? They opened themselves up for this trying to generate a "buzz" about the product. You have to take the good with the bad. I would have already purchased the 3" lift if they hadn't released the information. Now I'm just waiting to see what the final product is and how it works for people.

I can only work with the information provided and my current opinion reflects that.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal