2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#125723 - 23/11/04 02:18 PM Did U C the Mojave Road post?
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
That looks great!!! I am wondering if we have anything like that here in Texas. That would make great weekend trip.

I bet there is some west Texas trail like this... anybody heard of one ?

I need spellchecker wink

#125724 - 23/11/04 02:36 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What post are you talking about? Also, anyone notice the search function forces you to look in specific forums? you can't just search ALL of XOC?

#125725 - 23/11/04 02:38 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by System-f:
What post are you talking about? Also, anyone notice the search function forces you to look in specific forums? you can't just search ALL of XOC?
It's the top post in the Pictures section... looks awesome Roger - would be cool if we can find such a place.

Keith - XOC tried a search function that checked the whole board for awhile - but it was slow as shit and it didn't work out. I think once you get past a certain size/number of posts it just isn't feasible.

#125726 - 23/11/04 02:39 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i found it, thanks Glen, for the helpful information, I do infact love you. We might need to go get a drink this weekend if your in town

#125727 - 23/11/04 02:43 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is spectacular. I would love to be able to travel overland like that, especially with a purposful destination.

#125728 - 23/11/04 02:49 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would Big Bend have this type of trail through out the area maybe? I figure if there is going to be anything like this it'll be in west texas some where. There isn't much out there smile

#125729 - 23/11/04 03:33 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by System-f:
i found it, thanks Glen, for the helpful information, I do infact love you. We might need to go get a drink this weekend if your in town
You have issues my friend.... it sounds like Reagan is wanting another get together this weekend...

I'll be bottling beer on Sunday (not all day) laugh

Biking would be fun if the rain clears up

#125730 - 23/11/04 06:09 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
It might help you search if you spelled it right. :p

It is spelled MOJAVE but pronounced MOHAVE. laugh

Not trying to be sarcastic just wanted to clarify. [ThumbsUp]

The complete Mojave Road is 140 miles which starts at the Colorado River at the Nevada/Arizona Border. You can push it with a large group and make it in two days or you can do it in three days. The middle of the three days is used to check out Mitchell Caverns and Kelso Dunes. You can not drive on the Dunes but you can hike to the top. Last year a group hiked to the top of the Dunes.

What was really cool is you can yell from the top of the Dunes and someone can hear you as plane as day at the parking area which is a mile and a quarter away. They yelled with the FRS radio on and we heard them again 6 seconds later. eek

We had two Rino 120's with GPS which mapped out the Dune Peoples exact location and distance from the Parking Area People. This varified the speed of sound(900+ feet per second) fact. [Geek] laugh

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#125731 - 24/11/04 11:15 AM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
It might help you search if you spelled it right.
When I did the search I did a copy past out of Roger's original post. I do not really come to this board much but to post in this club section so I am not familar with it's workings or forums. From that point of view try to do a search for an item when you have no idea what forum to search in and not being able to do a complete board search...quite time consuming. [Finger]

Jason I was thinking about Big Bend, not sure, but worth a look.

#125732 - 24/11/04 03:48 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
becky and i did a couple of the trails at big bend when we went in september. did a couple 4wd trails that were mostly rocky and had wash outs. no body damage could be done. 4lo only couple times. one trail was 26 miles, the other was a couple of miles since we turned back due to daylight. river road trail was closed due to previous flooding. we did the north rosillos county rd to terlingua ranch, 23 miles, suppose to be car friendly, but due to flooding, 4wd-lo. really wanna go back next year, but with brothers wedding and procrastinating honeymoon for 2+ years..... may not make it.

#125733 - 24/11/04 08:29 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are about 150 miles of back country roads in Big Bend. The longest is the river road at about 50 miles or so that can easily be driven in a day and in mostly 4hi if there is no flooding. If you explore all of the roads you could spend a good 3 to 4 days driving, camping and hiking the back county - definitly worth it.

#125734 - 24/11/04 10:46 PM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Then its settled... big bend trip in the summer? June July'ish?

#125735 - 27/11/04 06:40 AM Re: Did U C the Mojave Road post?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awww, this sucks! I wanna go but baby's due mid-June. Doubt we could take the lil one with us.

I've been craving an overland trip like that for a while.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal