2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127450 - 16/01/05 12:23 PM Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Well, one year later here we are. One quick year later. The SWXC managed to average nearly 2 club events PER MONTH this past year. I think we did a pretty good job of holding 4x4 and 4x2 friendly events. Granted most of the club gravitates towards the 4x4 world, but we did manage to squeeze in some really cool 4x2 activities.

Normally, I am not one for formal, praise thee and thou letters, but sometimes, ya have to do it. I would like to thank all of the officers for 2004 and everyone, and I mean everyone, who helped plan and coordinate activities, this past year. Our club is what we make of it, and boy did we make it a heck of a year! New sponsors, cool events, interesting newsletters, and more and more members.

Speaking of the club newsletter. It takes a lot, and I mean a lot, of effort to do the club newsletter. Between having to go to the events, come up with clever (ok, maybe they all weren’t clever, but ya gotta try) articles, and finishing the layout, it takes some concerted teamwork to get it done. So, unless we have someone step up to the plate for next year, the newsletter will be going away – for now. What?!?! How are you going to keep abreast of what is going on in the club? Well, instead of a full-blow newsletter, there will be individual write-ups of each event as it comes to a close. Doing one article at a time is far easier to deal with than a whole publication. As we wait for the next SWXC Pulitzer Prize winner to step up to bat, that is the plan for next year.

Just the other day the SWXC did a Cruise-in at Sonic for our quarterly club meeting. Everyone got to meet some of our newest members, and even some old members came out of the woodwork and made an appearance. Enough vehicles were there that we filled up two entire rows! Speaking of old club members, our newest club secretary is Dan. Yes, THAT Dan. Ex-club Prez from 2003 decided to grace us with his appearance, and as a reward we elected him to an officer position. Discussed at the meeting were some upcoming events. We have wheelin at Shiloh Ridge and Katemcy in February and building on the success of The Fish Fry, new club VP Glen nominated his place to hold a Crawfish Broil in March. Keep in touch on XOC and the SWXC message board for updates and whatnot on all of our upcoming events. Oh yeah, before I forget, congrats to Walt, Glen and Amanda. They were the lucky winners of a K&N Polo Shirt, 5 person tent and ice cooler respectively. (Glen, you now have ZERO excuse for going to a hotel and not camping out.)

Well, that is it from me. Short, abrupt, sweet. (Not me; the message smile ) C-ya on the road, trails, or where ever we shall meet up in 2005!

Scott Heise
2004/2005 SWXC Prez
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#127451 - 16/01/05 12:24 PM Re: Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
Ramstein92 Offline

We will get this write-up and pics linked under the www.swxc.org 'news' section soon. I will post my pics later tonight, but currently the grocery store calleth.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#127452 - 16/01/05 09:32 PM Re: Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] greetings from the midwest!!! Thanks again Scott. It was a great year. and hopefully we can meet up with all you folks this year! Best wishes to everyone wish we could of been there, Amanda and I are "Jonesing" for some sonic.

Happy Trails,
Brian & Amanda

#127453 - 17/01/05 08:32 AM Re: Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Becky and I slept in the tent.... in my living room... on Saturday night laugh It was fun [LOL]

Oh - and Z71 & I did a little trial-run shrimp boil last night... the cooker still works fine and I got a great deal on a 30 quart pot with strainer/steamer basket... so I'm ready to cook stuff!

The only weird thing is that the Boudin sausage we put in there exploded and we had this gooey ricey sausage junk sticking to the shrimp [Uh Oh !]

Oh - and I will refrain from any further SWXC drawings/giveaways to be fair to the other members.... this is getting rediculous.

#127454 - 17/01/05 10:10 AM Re: Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
Ramstein92 Offline

Well GleN...

Now that you are VP, instead of winning stuff, you can assist me in contacting vendors to get stuff donated to the club (to give out).

Drop me a PM or call, seriously. Need to chat with ya about The Crawfish Broil and sponsor donations.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#127455 - 17/01/05 11:05 AM Re: Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
Kaiser Offline

pm done

#127456 - 17/01/05 11:08 AM Re: Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
Ramstein92 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
pm done
Thank God I am not dyslexic. smile
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#127457 - 18/01/05 01:37 PM Re: Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
Glen, I'm pretty sure that you are supposed to use Andoulli sauage(SP?), not boudin (sp?)

I might have to break mine out and give it a run before super bowl.

Oh, yeah, had a great time at the event...even though I am not a member anymore.

One last thing, TMTC is having their General membership meeting on the last weekend on this month (people seem to be ignoring that) I think there might be free admittance for members that day, not to mention we should be active in what is going on out there. I will be heading out that Friday...but camping with Jeepers.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#127458 - 18/01/05 02:19 PM Re: Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
[QB]Glen, I'm pretty sure that you are supposed to use Andoulli sauage(SP?), not boudin (sp?)
Correct - but Albertson's didn't have it so we just got what they had. Turns out that boudin (pronounded Boo Dan) isn't a regular sausage and is only made for steaming [Geek]

Our company coon-ass gave me a few pointers and told me about an awesome place to get andouille (pronounced an-dewie). Hirsch's Meat Market at Parker and Custer is supposed to be the shizzle.

... and Capt'n Dave's for the seafood.

#127459 - 19/01/05 01:01 PM Re: Quartelry Meeting Write-up/Pics
Zaskoda Offline

Loc: Austin, TX 2000 Green XE M...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal