2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126073 - 25/03/05 10:35 PM Dallas area
Anonymous
Unregistered

well im a california boy lookin to get the hell out of the state.

i found a job listed for the dallas area that sounded verry appealing. its actualy located in Irving, but from looking at the map its all pretty much the same area.

so anyway i was wondering if anyone could tell me a little bit about the area. ive done some reserch on it and it looks like a nice area.

but id like the oppinon of someone from that area of who has lived in or around the area.

anything would be great.

thanks!!

Tim

#126074 - 26/03/05 07:18 AM Re: Dallas area
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
The DFW (Dallas/Dt.Worth) area is pretty large. Irving is a good area for job or living. It's pretty much in the middle of it all. I live about 20-30 mins north of Irving and I know several others are that far away either.

Are you looking for a place in Irving to?

What kinda more details do you want? I'm sure one of us will do our best to answer them.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#126075 - 26/03/05 07:30 AM Re: Dallas area
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in Fort Worth on the xtreme west side. I have been here since 1985. It gets pretty hot in the summertime, up to 100's and dry. In the winter it can get warm from time to time but not too cold, maybe in the low 30's to upper 20's. The DFW Metroplex includes Arlington, where the Texas Rangers play and where the Dallas Cowgirls are building a new stadium. A large supplier of Nissan parts, Courtesy Nissan, is located near Dallas, so you can get parts fast. I will try answer any other questions you might have.

Try this:

http://www.dfwinfo.com/index.asp

#126076 - 26/03/05 09:47 AM Re: Dallas area
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
What company is the job with?
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#126077 - 26/03/05 08:16 PM Re: Dallas area
Anonymous
Unregistered

the job is for centeral freight lines as a tire tech. that is if its still open....

if anyone can give me any info on schools in the area. if take the job ill be there for awhile. i hope anyway. average rent cost? best places to shop. where to go where not to go. im not a huge sports fan, other than paintball. thats all i can think of now.

probubly have more if i actualy get the job.

thanks for all the info so far guys!!!

Tim

#126078 - 27/03/05 08:05 PM Re: Dallas area
Anonymous
Unregistered

I grew up in Irving, I have not lived there since the early 80's but my parents still live there as does my brother and sister. Like hattrik said, Irving is central to the DFW area and really has everything you would need (except sale of alcohol, but you don't have to go far). Irving is one of the older areas of Dallas and housing or rentals is very affordable and can cover a very wide range. South Irving being the most affordable, and north Irving Las Colinas/Valley Ranch area being the most expensive. Schools are on par with just about any in the DFW metroplex, at least my nieces and nephews seem to be getting a good education. As far as paintballing goes, I don't do it myself, but I know there is a ton of it around so you should have no problem there. Anyway, good luck with the job. Oh yea, one last thing you should know, traffic in the DFW area sucks.... and it aint gettin' any better...

#126079 - 28/03/05 12:23 AM Re: Dallas area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, yes traffic sucks in DFW, but I'm glad I'm here and not in Huston. The traffic here is like a walk in the park compared to Huston.

Went through there on my way to Galveston a while back and took almost an hour just to get through it. Don't look forward to doing it again in the near future either.

#126080 - 28/03/05 07:30 AM Re: Dallas area
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love DFW, except for wheeling this is the best place to live, Fort Worth to be exact.

#126081 - 30/03/05 02:20 PM Re: Dallas area
Griffin2020 Offline

Loc: D/FW Metroplex, TX
If the job is at the location that I think it is, you will be about 2 blocks from Texas Stadium. There is not really much there (except for industrial stuff, and a couple of old, primarily Hispanic neighborhoods). Traffic right there tends to be a *itch (Loop 12 and 183)at most times of the day. There are a wide variety ofplaces to live, and prices vary according to exactly what you want.

All in all, the D/FW metroplex is an awesome place to live.

And we need some more people in the South of the Metroplex...most everyone is up North...damn yankees....lol

#126082 - 01/04/05 06:43 PM Re: Dallas area
Anonymous
Unregistered

well it turns out i didnt get the job.

but thank you all for the info!!! maybe one ill get down there and check it out!!

thanks again for the info!!!

Tim

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal