2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124107 - 08/04/05 12:58 PM SWXC 'Store'
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
All -

Want a new shirt? Need some new stickers?

Our webmaster, Poorboy, came up with, and implemented an awesome idea. On our club site, under the main menu is a 'store' option. You can now see what the club has for sale, and get what you need (without hoping we remember to bring the items to an event. smile )

Good job Jonathan!

SWXC MAIN PAGE

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#124108 - 08/04/05 03:12 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Nice idea about the stuff..

Seems sort of sell out to have vendors names/logos on the club shirts though. Little unfair for other club supporters that are not on there.

Having them on a shirt at an event or something like that is normal, looks sort of out of place on a club only shirt though.

Even though I like those vendors I would not buy one just for that reason.

edit: Whos Xterra is that on the back? Looks like Scotts. Must be a presidential perk. You going to offer each member a shirt with their Xterra on it?

#124109 - 08/04/05 07:32 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Nice idea about the stuff..
Seems sort of sell out to have vendors names/logos on the club shirts though. Little unfair for other club supporters that are not on there.
Having them on a shirt at an event or something like that is normal, looks sort of out of place on a club only shirt though.
Even though I like those vendors I would not buy one just for that reason.
edit: Whos Xterra is that on the back? Looks like Scotts. Must be a presidential perk. You going to offer each member a shirt with their Xterra on it?
I agree that it may be a bit unusual to have the sponsors on a 'regular' shirt, but it was a decision approved by all of the officers (same with the truck pic). We contacted the club sponsors and asked them if they'd like to help out with the club shirts in exchange for a little free advertising. It's mutually beneficial, and I'm proud to help support those that chose to participate (nothing against those that chose not to, mind you).

As for the pic, though it is Scott's truck, if I'm not mistaken it was offered up by Robert as the best/most appropriate pic he had of a cool Xterra for the shirt.

Two, please smile

#124110 - 08/04/05 08:15 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
XOC Offline
Admin

Sounds a bit too "special interest" to me to quote a governmental term.

I guess gone are the days where there are still things not for sale.

The way it looks now, it promotes a select few and does not give equal footing to all the members and supporters of the SWXC. Kind of elitist.

I doubt that people on XOC would want a pic of my truck with sponsors ads on it (whom they may not like) on a club shirt.

edit:
How is it "free advertising" if they paid something for it? I would guess you did this because the costs of t-shirts is so expensive.

#124111 - 09/04/05 07:04 AM Re: SWXC 'Store'
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Board members please check my email to all of you wink I kind of agree and felt better emailing rather than posting!

#124112 - 10/04/05 08:48 AM Re: SWXC 'Store'
XOC Offline
Admin

And whoever post this on the SWXC board needs to grow a pair of nuts and speak up.

Carlton, your post was flagrant, and consider, if your dues were current...

A Member of the Club may be expelled from the Club for:

1. Non- payment of Annual Dues and/ or;

2. Breaking any Club By- Laws and/ or rules and/ or;

3. Bringing unwanted negative publicity to bear on the Club.

So if you do not agree with the 4 people that ok'ed the shirt then you are bringing negative publicity to the club? How messed up is that?

#124113 - 10/04/05 12:24 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Boy, go away for a weekend camping trip with the Boy Scouts, and all hell breaks lose.

The concept of the shirts (with sponsers names on them) was floating to the group at a general meeting months ago, and no-one there had any problem with it. At that time no mention was made of even asking the sponsers to pay for this. Asking them to donate to defray the production cost only recently came up.

The artwork was created, and yes it's Scott's truck, but to be honest it's fairly representative of most modified X's (i.e an ARB bumper, and offroad lights), Perhaps we should have digitally removed one of the lights just so it wouldn't be exactly like his truck? With this picture we have all legal rights to it, since I own the copyright. It's not a "Presidential" perk, it's more of a driving force perk. If anyone else wanted to design the shirts, it could have just as easily been their X.

The officers did what they are elected for - make decisions for the club, based on what they perceive is the clubs wishes. If you don't like their choices, you're certainly entitled to your opinion and can broadcast it as a public forum as you want. If you really don't like it, then run against them.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#124114 - 10/04/05 12:50 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
XOC Offline
Admin

We always like to wait for you to go out of town before we let the shit hit the fan.

Why not post it so that all the members could have had a say? From what I understand it was at the Austin meeting that all this was discussed.

And if the original plan was to have all the sponsors why are they not all there (not that I would like that any more)

The fact that it is Scotts truck really is not the point at all. The fact that it is any one persons truck is what I have a problem with.

The officers are suppose to make decisions for the club I agree, but on something like this I believe that putting it to a club wide vote would have been a better choice of action.

This issue would not have been so dramatic had Scott not delete my posts both here and on the SWXC forum.

#124115 - 10/04/05 02:54 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
XOC Offline
Admin

Here some stuff to chew on.

My original post on SWXC:

I just saw the design for the new club shirts.

Anyone else find it sort of tacky to have vendor logos on the general club shirts? Sponsoring an event and on that shirt.. SURE! On a club shirt.. nope.

Although I like all of those vendors I find it sort of a sell out to have their logos on the club shirt.

How many people would want XOC shirts with Calmini .. or Xterraparts... or Tire Rack etc over it?

Just my .02

what happend after - same time Scott deleted the post here because he did not like what I had to say, this is how the "mysterious one who shall not be named" edited my post on the SWXC forum

Carlton, your post was flagrant, and consider, if your dues were current...

A Member of the Club may be expelled from the Club for:

1. Non- payment of Annual Dues and/ or;

2. Breaking any Club By- Laws and/ or rules and/ or;

3. Bringing unwanted negative publicity to bear on the Club.

As I said to Roberts post. This would not have been an issue had Scott not tried to silence my opinion in a club matter (in the club I helped create). And the excuse of not knowing about what happens when a post is deleted is crap. He has been here long enough to know what happens.

#124116 - 10/04/05 03:17 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Quote:
Why not post it so that all the members could have had a say? From what I understand it was at the Austin meeting that all this was discussed.
In hind sight (which is always 20-20), that probably would have been a good idea, however since it was brought to the members at a general meeting, and no one there raised any concern about doing it, it never occured to us (me) that we needed to do that. After all that's one of the primary purposes of the general meetings is to dicuss club matters. It certainly wasn't being done in secret, and if I remember right the same basic process was used for the last shirts, ie a design idea presented at a monthly (as they were then), and the actual graphic discussed by the current officers and designer and decided on by them, and the shirts made, no general club vote on the design.

The precedence of using a specific member's truck on our materials was established long ago. The flyer Jason created for recruiting new members has his first X in it, and I think the second Logo used his X until the new style (round headlight) X's came out.

#124117 - 10/04/05 03:30 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by RReuscher:
In hind sight (which is always 20-20), that probably would have been a good idea, however since it was brought to the members at a general meeting, and no one there raised any concern about doing it, it never occured to us (me) that we needed to do that.
If that is the case, it seems to missing in the meeting minutes that usually show up on the website (for those souls that can not make the meeting). Double wammy.

#124118 - 10/04/05 04:01 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Wow... a lot of tension seems to have developed in here [Uh Oh !]

I think if we had realized that someone might dislike the shirts - or that they might be controversial, we would have chosen a different path... a vote would have been good... but it just didn't occur to us (well, at least not to me). I still believe that it is fair to all of our sponsors, because they all got the chance to participate if they wanted to... The 'club donation' we asked for was very small.

At any rate, the shirts are ordered and there is no point in getting bent over it now. I guess we will find out if it was a good idea or not by how many of them sell.

As to the post-deleting - it sounds like it was accidental/unintentional. THAT is something that pisses people off very quickly and I am in favor of never deleting anything for that reason.

-Glen

#124119 - 10/04/05 04:10 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by RReuscher:
[b]In hind sight (which is always 20-20), that probably would have been a good idea, however since it was brought to the members at a general meeting, and no one there raised any concern about doing it, it never occured to us (me) that we needed to do that.
If that is the case, it seems to missing in the meeting minutes that usually show up on the website (for those souls that can not make the meeting). Double wammy.[/b]
Guess you have to kill the secretary then.

Your comments on the shirts have been noted, hopefully the next batch of officers that goes through this process will remember them, but now it's a done deal the shirts are already made. I guess if no one buys them, the club will have a stock of shirts around for a while.

#124120 - 10/04/05 06:23 PM Re: SWXC 'Store'
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

OK time to close this topic, it's getting personal, and has digressed from the original intent.

The shirts are a done deal, they are already made, Perhaps the current officers errored in the reaction to concept, but there was no blatant attempt to sell out the club, just provide some club materials at a reasonable cost to our members.

I think the club appreciates both the effort Carlton and Scott have put forth for this club. Carlton on getting it started and original contacts with Nissan, Xterraparts and the rest of the Xterra Community, Scott for his work on keeping the club going over the last year and a half in increasing the schedule of activities, associations with other 4x4 clubs, and new sponsorships.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal