2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#125522 - 13/04/06 04:30 PM Not sure if..
Anonymous
Unregistered

this is in the right Texas forum or not. I'm probably going to be getting out of the navy (not by choice) and am looking at moving to Arlington, TX. Just wondering if there are any decent wheelin areas around that area.

#125523 - 13/04/06 08:46 PM Re: Not sure if..
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
There's Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area (A TMTC Property), outside Gilmer,Texas...never been there, but I heard it's alot of fun...I'm pretty sure someone would Post their Barnwell Trips on here...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#125524 - 14/04/06 06:19 AM Re: Not sure if..
Happy Birthday hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
There is Barnwell Mountain and its about a 3-4 hour drive from Arlington. There is supposed to be a new place opening up about 1-2 hours north of Arlington and a few places south that are about a 5 hour drive.

Here are a few Pics
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#125525 - 14/04/06 09:57 AM Re: Not sure if..
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
Here's a map with some current places to wheel.

Tex/OK Parks Map

#125526 - 14/04/06 02:08 PM Re: Not sure if..
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
The Den, here in San Antonio is under close watch with the Local Police (as far as what I have been told)...The Den is not a 4x4 recreational park...it is just a big Flood Zone area with lot of fun trails...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#125527 - 15/04/06 12:25 PM Re: Not sure if..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all of the responses you have provided me with. Anyone live in or near Arlington? If so what do you think of the area?

#125528 - 15/04/06 02:38 PM Re: Not sure if..
Happy Birthday hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Galusha:
Thanks for all of the responses you have provided me with. Anyone live in or near Arlington? If so what do you think of the area?
I used to work in Arlington. There are alot of nice areas but there are a few not so nice. Any idea on where your looking for a place?

Where are you looking to work or do you have any ideas yet?
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#125529 - 16/04/06 04:12 PM Re: Not sure if..
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Arlington is allright... I think there are some parts that are better than others.

We've got some pretty good wheeling - but not a ton of it.

Let us know when you'll be down this way and we'll show you around.

#125530 - 16/04/06 05:39 PM Re: Not sure if..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by hattrik21:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Galusha:
[b]Thanks for all of the responses you have provided me with. Anyone live in or near Arlington? If so what do you think of the area?
I used to work in Arlington. There are alot of nice areas but there are a few not so nice. Any idea on where your looking for a place?

Where are you looking to work or do you have any ideas yet?[/b]
Haven't narrowed it down just yet. Waiting to find out when I'll be getting out of the navy before hand. I'm in the process of applying to just about every place that I can. I wouldn't mind working for the PD there as the pay is almost what I make now just going through the academy and goes up from there.

Any areas that I should stay out of living wise. It's going to be my wife, my 1.5 month old daugther and myself. I think that I'll be out in July. I should hopefully know by next month sometime. I'll let you guys know when I'll be going down there. As soon as I find out my discharge date I'll be taking leave to look for a place to live.

#125531 - 17/04/06 07:38 AM Re: Not sure if..
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
A friend of mine just bought a house in Arlington - I'll send him an email and ask his opinions on the various areas down that way (the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex is pretty big. I'm in the 'burbs north of Dallas - Arlington is about 50 miles from here)

#125532 - 17/04/06 10:11 AM Re: Not sure if..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
A friend of mine just bought a house in Arlington - I'll send him an email and ask his opinions on the various areas down that way (the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex is pretty big. I'm in the 'burbs north of Dallas - Arlington is about 50 miles from here)
Kaiser,

Thank you for your help with this. You guys are surely making my process of transferring a lot easier and I appreciate everything you have done so far.

#125533 - 17/04/06 02:31 PM Re: Not sure if..
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Dan, none of our business but you do not mention why you are getting out. With the War and stuff is it disability rated. Just wondering because of VA service and care. Might make sense to be near the VA in that side of Dallas area if you have to make regular visits.

If just getting out than no hassles. I'm USMC retired and could not be dragged into VA hospital but I know a lot of guys that use their services.

You'll like the area if you come... the SWXC will take care of ya too smile

#125534 - 18/04/06 07:00 AM Re: Not sure if..
Anonymous
Unregistered

No not getting out on disablility or anything like that. So the VA won't be necessary. Thanks for the info. wink

#125535 - 18/04/06 11:50 AM Re: Not sure if..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got a call from a detective with the Dallas PD. So far I have met all of the qualifications. Just found out that my AABA meets their requirement of an Associates degree and as long as I meet the other tests and get hired than I'll be getting a grand more then someone without an AA. The only way to get around the AA is to be in the military for a min of 4 years. I'll be heading down there in Jun to do the rest of the tests. It takes 2 months before I hear back if my background checks out which it should. I hope it all works out. laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal