Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123927 - 12/01/07 05:36 PM NJ X owner moving to Austin. Advise?
Anonymous
Unregistered

NJ Xterra owner moving to the Austin TX area within the next year.Anyone out there from Austin or surrounding area?
I need advise on where to buy.(and where to wheel)
I'm in my mid 30's so I don't want to buy in or near a retirement community or a college frat community.

Thanks, [ThumbsUp]

#123928 - 12/01/07 10:11 PM Re: NJ X owner moving to Austin. Advise?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Plenty of us! I live in San Antonio so I'll wait for the others to chime in to tell ya details.

#123929 - 13/01/07 08:15 AM Re: NJ X owner moving to Austin. Advise?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I start my new Yob there Monday cool

Austin proper is VERY expensive. There is very little that I can afford in the city... which is why Round Rock and some of the other towns just to the north are exploding with new growth and the traffic sucks bigtime.

I plan to rent for awhile and maybe buy in 6 months to a year once I've got the lay of the land better (And once my gf settles on a job)

#123930 - 13/01/07 05:29 PM Re: NJ X owner moving to Austin. Advise?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My wife and I lived in Round Rock for two years and really liked the town. We always felt safe living there. I worked in Round Rock but my wife had to drive to south Austin everyday and always bitched about the traffic.

#123931 - 30/01/07 05:33 PM Re: NJ X owner moving to Austin. Advise?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in Cedar Park, just NW of Austin, and enjoy the area. It's growing a lot out here, as it is all around Austin.

What price range are you looking in? What do you look for in a neighborhood and area? I just looked for houses last year so I can maybe share some ideas if you are serious about the move.

#123932 - 31/01/07 07:10 AM Re: NJ X owner moving to Austin. Advise?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome man. [Wave]

Good luck on the house hunting thing.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal