Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123469 - 06/10/04 08:59 PM fishing in new braunfels
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
gonna double check with pops, but he has farmland and a stock tank. tank is roughly 40 x 60. no license required to fish (private property). bass, catfish, and perch. mostly fish for fun, and bbq afterwards. maybe oct 24th or early november. dad has one metal boat that seats three. if have boat, bring depending on turn out. fish from shore at own risk since overgrown with weeds in parts (farm tank--working on weeds, but takes time). byob. depending on response and if bbq, probably fajitas. would prefer sunday, have plenty of room for people to stay sunday night. if people come down sat night, have room (will tell wife after responses). i'm off sun and mon. since i'm to lazy to learn, maybe somebody can teach me to load pics.

#123470 - 06/10/04 09:43 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Oct. 24 Sounds good for me...Count me in...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#123471 - 07/10/04 03:55 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Clint, I would love to come but will be out of town that weekend frown

Sounds like fun and a kickback weekend. Please learn to post pics so I can at least see the "happening" [Finger] [LOL]

#123472 - 07/10/04 07:47 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll definitely talk to Handbrake. She likes to fish. Might even take Monday off. Could use a break.

#123473 - 07/10/04 10:16 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I think that's the day after the Nissan truck show... might be able to work it out, tho... who knows?

Thanks for the invite at any rate!

#123474 - 07/10/04 10:50 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
GrayHam Offline

What is a "stock tank?" Is it actually a free-standing "tank" you keep gamefish in?

Is it 40x60 feet? Yards? Meters?

Pardon my ignorance; I grew up in British Columbia and previously lived in Utah. I've only ever fished in the Pacific Ocean or in lakes and streams . . .

#123475 - 07/10/04 12:14 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
a stock tank is a small man-made pond (i.e. a hole that you dug in the ground) that the cows can drink from (filled by rainwater).

If you dig them deep enough, you can get them to last the summer without completely drying up.... sometimes.

A lot of times people will put fish in them so you can go catch fish out of them - just for entertainment.

He probably meant 40x60 feet

#123476 - 07/10/04 12:21 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
GrayHam Offline

Thanks.

#123477 - 08/10/04 10:29 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

i might go, but then again mapquest says that it takes me 3 hours to get there... And since I don't really know yall, It'd probably be better to meet everybody in a place I'm comfortable in like Houston.

#123478 - 08/10/04 09:38 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shiner, sounds like a fun time. If I wasn't already scheduled to work, I'd go. I requested off the prior weekend to fish Lake Fork in Dallas. The following weekend I am co-hosting a BBQ for the fishing group I'm in. It is on Saturday the 30th but we haven't pinned down a site. Check out Alamo Area Anglers website. Just Blue, Mapquest sucks. Yahoo maps is MUCH more accurate. It will still take a nice drive across and then down to 35 south, but New Braunfels is nice country with nice folks. Maybe you will change your mind.

Shiner, if your inviting folks, you should really get the weedeater and ant poison out. Snake bites and ant bites can really ruin a good time! The cattle might feel they are being spoiled with the extra yard work.

If your a fisherman, maybe we could go another time. I'm always looking for someone to go with. Freshwater or Salt, it's all good.

#123479 - 09/10/04 01:31 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fishermom:
....If your a fisherman, maybe we could go another time. I'm always looking for someone to go with. Freshwater or Salt, it's all good....
Hey fishermom, I might take you up on that...I like going Fishing myself, but can't talk any of my fishing buddies to go Fishing...you know, they are mostly married with kids and all and can't find any time to go Fishing....do you like Surf Fishing at Port Aransas...

#123480 - 09/10/04 05:46 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, first things first, I AM married with kids. The husband is a truck driver who enjoys fishing, but, when he's home, well....we ain't fishin! I have a regular job and get 2 days off, sometimes during the week, sometimes a weekend. I have never really surf fished. I really like the amenities of a fishing pier, such as Bob Hall or Indian Point.

Do you ever post or read posts in the fishing forum?

#123481 - 10/10/04 12:29 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Ok, first things first, I AM married with kids. The husband is a truck driver who enjoys fishing, but, when he's home, well....we ain't fishin! I have a regular job and get 2 days off, sometimes during the week, sometimes a weekend. I have never really surf fished. I really like the amenities of a fishing pier, such as Bob Hall or Indian Point.

Do you ever post or read posts in the fishing forum?
I have gone through the Fishing Forum now and then, but have not posted anything...I have some friends that are Fishing fanatics, but just don't have the time to go Fishing...I have gone Surf Fishing before...It's alot of fun, but could get fustrated at times...Pier Fishing is Fun also....

#123482 - 10/10/04 04:04 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm up to go fishing with you kids sometime. Maybe some Sunday soon?

#123483 - 11/10/04 07:22 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
What is a "stock tank?" Is it actually a free-standing "tank" you keep gamefish in?

Is it 40x60 feet? Yards? Meters?

Pardon my ignorance; I grew up in British Columbia and previously lived in Utah. I've only ever fished in the Pacific Ocean or in lakes and streams . . .
Stock Tank

Stock Tank Booty

Hope that helps. laugh

Clint, I'll see what's going on that weekend. I may be able to stop by at least.

#123484 - 11/10/04 06:56 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Goofiefoot, that's some nice booty you've got there. Is it your bootie? ( OK, don't be confusing bootie with " Boot-tay ). It seems there are more fishermen on this board than I knew about. Goofie, do you read the Outdoor-fishing posts?

#123485 - 11/10/04 08:46 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Always nice to get some compliments on my booty. I'll take what I can get. laugh

The pond is on our deer lease in Goliad (one of four or five that are stocked on the property). I try to fish at least one of them every time I go down there. I'm mostly a catch-and-release kind of guy, so I know they'll be there when I come back.

I scan the outdoor posts every now and then. I usually stick to this one, since I'm kinda local.

#123486 - 14/10/04 05:47 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Monday the 18th I'm going to Braunig (Fishing), anyone available, come on. Meet by Dead Tree Point.

#123487 - 14/10/04 05:56 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Monday the 18th I'm going to Braunig (Fishing), anyone available, come on. Meet by Dead Tree Point.
What time Monday?

#123488 - 18/10/04 07:31 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry dude, I haven't read this site in a few days. We were in Dallas all weekend and I went to Braunig at 6:30 am. I caught a 29" red that weighed 9 pounds. It was caught at 7:45am and no other fish was caught all day. Of course I fished all day waiting for another....oh well.

I might go again on Friday since I'm off again.

#123489 - 21/10/04 08:08 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still unsure about Friday the 22nd at Braunig lake. Also have off Tuesday the 26th. Saturday the 30 our fishing group is having a BBQ at Calaveras Lake. FYI. Interested?

#123490 - 23/10/04 10:56 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Went to Calaveras Lake Friday. Got skunked, no reds. However I did catch a few little bass and a few Crappie while waiting. Might go again Tuesday, before it starts getting to cold to get in the water.

#123491 - 26/10/04 06:30 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Went to Calaveras today and caught my limit wade fishing off the bank down by the dam. The first fish at 7:20 am. Second about 2:00 the third 3:15. the smallest was 29 inches, 1 pounds, the middle one 32 inches and 15 pounds and the big momma was 33 1/2 inches and 15 1/2 pounds.

It was a great day. A personal best! Come fishing sometime!

#123492 - 26/10/04 07:40 PM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
...Come fishing sometime!...
Sounds Good, but you go Fishing while everybody else has to work...most of us are 8 to 5 people...

#123493 - 27/10/04 06:24 AM Re: fishing in new braunfels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Retail schedules have some benefits. You work every other weekend ( when the lake is busy anyways ) and a day during the week. Next week its Wednesday.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal