Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126609 - 30/03/05 03:34 PM Howdy folks and 2 local DFW questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello SWXC

I've had my X (2002 XE 4x4, silver :rolleyes: ) for 3 months now, love it. I bought it kinda on the spur of the moment after going through all the various SUV types out there in my price range, it just fit the best. I've admired the X since '00 so I'm not sure why I didn't try it first off and save myself the trouble, but oh well. But after the quick purchase I was glad to see the very active communities and aftermarket support. I hope to join up with some of the club activities and get the most out of my X.

I have 2 questions that I was hoping someone with local DFW (US75 corridor especially) knowledge could help out with:

1. Where is a good place to get the front windows tinted to match the rears? All my trucks have had factory tint and even then I've had problems so I need a good place.

2. Where's the best place to get tires around here? Where can I get wheels checked out to make sure they are sound and ready to go?
Explanation: A few weeks ago I bought 4 wheels and tires at the Dallas City Store, where they sell surplus and siezed equipment. I believe the wheels are the 15" Desert Runner from the Frontier. I like the look and would like to get some good AT tires to go with them once I wear out the Generals that are on the truck now. They don't look damaged, but I'd like to make sure they are good before buying tires if I'm doing so online rather than in person. The wheels do have pretty bald BFG AT on them, one is flat but no major damage to them either besides the wear. I figured at $20 each cool , I couldn't go too far wrong even if one or two wheels were damaged.

Thanks for any info you might pass on, and I look forward to getting the X dirty soon.

#126610 - 30/03/05 06:33 PM Re: Howdy folks and 2 local DFW questions
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Tint - no clue
Tires - Discount Tire or Goodyear. 4Wheelparts was an option, but they are in court right now for breaking some rules (some specifically related to tire warranties).

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#126611 - 30/03/05 06:49 PM Re: Howdy folks and 2 local DFW questions
MichaelShaw Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
Tires - Go to sam's club. There is one at greenville ave. and park ln. and one at NW highway and jupiter. You will make back your $30 membership fee for the year easily, plus they have good deals on other stuff too.

#126612 - 30/03/05 08:00 PM Re: Howdy folks and 2 local DFW questions
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Depending on where in Dallas you are, Alta Mere is a good place if there is one around you. There is one here in Lewisville that did my last X.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal