Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129405 - 16/05/05 07:49 PM what i need at marshell creek
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to go off roadin an am thinking of going up with a few friends who have done it before..i am a stock X(as much as i hate it) it there anything big i need(not including tow strap, and hooks) that will help me a lot or can i do most stuff being stock.

thanks u guys help me out a lot..thanks for all of the great advice

#129406 - 17/05/05 07:45 AM Re: what i need at marshell creek
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I'd remove the mudflaps, wheel center caps, and step rails. These things just get in the way and will get damaged.

Otherwise, I'd say just be reeeeeal careful what you drive through. I've never been out there - but from what I hear it is a big mud pit.

Nothing wrong with a little mud - just know how deep the puddles are before you drive through 'em.

If you end up sinking your truck past the headlights in water (or to the point that you get significant water inside the cab) you're s-c-r-e-w-e-d.

It looks like you've already thought about the most important thing - which is to have (and be able to use, attach etc) recovery equipment and other trucks around to help you out JIC.

Have fun!

Oh - just noticed that it was your post that I made my smart-ass reply to in General... sorry wink Just having fun!

Here's my real truck:

If you're interested in the SWXC, I'm holding a mod day at my house this Saturday - we're installing a body lift. PM me and I'll give you the address.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal