2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122909 - 13/07/05 01:02 PM vehicle registration requirements
babyX Offline

I'm still going around and around on this with the bf. He swears that the letter you get with your vehicle registration sticker is "required" to be in your vehicle at all times, and the sticker itself isn't enough. However, when I read over that letter, nothing says it's required to be in the vehicle.

Then, when I go to visit him on base, they give me a hard time about not having my vehicle registration with me (well, they did the first time. It's now in the glove compartment).

Anybody happen to know the specific legal requirements in Texas? It's not really a big deal, I'm mostly out to prove I'm right. laugh

Also, who was that pulling into Discount Tire at Braker and Burnet at about 12:30 today? Was that you, Jason?

#122910 - 13/07/05 01:07 PM Re: vehicle registration requirements
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I thought that was just for commercial vehicles...

As far as I know the sticker is "it".

The old "License and Registration, please mam" line is just referring to your insurance card.

#122911 - 13/07/05 01:11 PM Re: vehicle registration requirements
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Also, who was that pulling into Discount Tire at Braker and Burnet at about 12:30 today? Was that you, Jason?
Yep, that was me. A buddy of mine was getting 32" BFG AT's installed on his 95 Wrangler. NICE!

#122912 - 13/07/05 01:28 PM Re: vehicle registration requirements
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
I thought that was just for commercial vehicles...

As far as I know the sticker is "it".

The old "License and Registration, please mam" line is just referring to your insurance card.
That's what I kept telling them. The lady was ticked about having to walk aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way out into the parking lot to look at the sticker on the windshield. I figured I'd better not test it a 2nd time, but now I'd kinda like to, just on principle. smile

And HI Jason! [Wave]

#122913 - 13/07/05 03:10 PM Re: vehicle registration requirements
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
no its not.....but then again, my plates aren't from texas.

we have to show our registration to the cops in CO....sad that I know that though frown laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal