2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#125674 - 31/10/05 01:42 PM Offroading trip to Barnwell this weekend - Nov 4/5/6
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I wasn't originally planning on this one - but I think I'm flip flopping democrat-style to 'yes'. :p

ATTENDANCE POLL HERE

Anyone else interested?

#125675 - 31/10/05 02:49 PM Re: Offroading trip to Barnwell this weekend - Nov 4/5/6
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm intrested in going...haven't been before, so I need someone to tell me if I'll be able to do stuff out there.

I'm pretty much stock except for BFG's. Still have factory step rails. Is there some moderate stuff I can get into? Stuff I can do without a lift?

Just don't want to make the drive if it's not worth it.

Thanks guys,

Mike

#125676 - 31/10/05 02:55 PM Re: Offroading trip to Barnwell this weekend - Nov 4/5/6
Kaiser Offline

Oh yeah - there's plenty of stuff for a stock 4x4 to do out there. Can give you more details later... gotta get home and get pumpkin-carving!!!

#125677 - 01/11/05 06:41 AM Re: Offroading trip to Barnwell this weekend - Nov 4/5/6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey brant I've been to barnwell a few times with my X which is pretty much all stock and had a great time. Did a few trails the second time I went I didn't think I could do the first time.

Just pull those step rails off or the trails will do that for you.

#125678 - 01/11/05 08:16 AM Re: Offroading trip to Barnwell this weekend - Nov 4/5/6
Kaiser Offline

Yeah, if your truck is really totally stock you'll want to remove the following:

1) Step rails (paper thin - tend to get bent and damage other things when they do)
2) mud flaps (get caught on rocks and get in the way)
3) wheel center caps (tend to fall off at the weirdest times offroad and get lost)

It is as easy or hard as you want to make it out there... we've had 2WD trucks come along and have fun - but there are also trails that none of our rigs could possibly do... they've got a good trail marking/rating system to help you figure out which is which

Plenty of Barnwell pictures here

Oh, it is located in Gilmer, TX - about 1/2 hour from Tyler. Just google for TMTC and Barnwell and you'll find it.

#125679 - 01/11/05 09:29 AM Re: Offroading trip to Barnwell this weekend - Nov 4/5/6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds good, I'm working out being able to attend. Yeah my step rails got some damage one of the times I went to The Den, but nothing serious. Trying to get some sliders, because I'm planning on going to Mexico this year as well.

I didn't realize the Shrockworks stuff was made to order. Not sure if I would get them in before the Mehico trip. Might just buy some Calmini.

I should be able to come up Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Is everyone camping out there?

Later,

Mike

#125680 - 01/11/05 10:21 AM Re: Offroading trip to Barnwell this weekend - Nov 4/5/6
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Brant214:
Sounds good, I'm working out being able to attend. Yeah my step rails got some damage one of the times I went to The Den, but nothing serious. Trying to get some sliders, because I'm planning on going to Mexico this year as well.

I didn't realize the Shrockworks stuff was made to order. Not sure if I would get them in before the Mehico trip. Might just buy some Calmini.

I should be able to come up Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Is everyone camping out there?

Later,

Mike
Call Automotive Customizers (www.4x4parts.com) - they sell Shrockworks sliders and might have some on hand (plus you can get a discount if you tell 'em you're in the SWXC (10% I think)

#125681 - 01/11/05 10:45 AM Re: Offroading trip to Barnwell this weekend - Nov 4/5/6
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got the Calmini ones. They had some ready to ship. "Should" be here before Friday. We'll see.

I think I'll end up getting the Shrockworks later. I'll just spend the differnce in price on GAS.

Any ideas on the best way to go up from Austin? Should I just head up to Dallas and then go east? Seems like that would be quicker than cutting across from Waco or something.

Let me know when ya'll start working out the food details.

Later,

Mike

#125682 - 07/11/05 11:38 AM Re: Offroading trip to Barnwell this weekend - Nov 4/5/6
Kaiser Offline

Had a great time this weekend... lots of discussion and pics HERE

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal