2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121454 - 04/12/05 06:04 PM Looking for info
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wife and I have lived in memphis,TN for 5 years and need to move! We have a house, decent jobs, 2 Xterra's(most important thing smile ) But I absolutely hate it here!!
The people suck like you couldnt believe, the weather is awful during summer and schools are terrible also. We are starting a family and are seriously looking at places to move to.
Right now the top of the list is Alburquerque, NM or somewhere near there say 30-45 min commute.
Can any locals give me a heads up? How is the work situation? Housing costs? Can I get a 3 bedroom for $130,000? How are the schools? How are the people?
Wife and I are into the outdoors, we lived near the Sierra's in california for 2 years and spent alot of time hiking, camping etc up in the mountains.
Looking forward to any responses,
Thanks
Hayden

#121455 - 04/12/05 10:48 PM Re: Looking for info
Anonymous
Unregistered

This link might help with regard to the housing market. These are opinions of the market condition by real estate agents in the area. They generally all seem to be saying the same thing.

http://realtytimes.com/rtmcrloc/New_Mexico~Albuquerque

quote:

[T]he largest cluster of homes (550) sold between ranges of $100,000-$199,999 in October 2005.

Demand is up and supply is down! Many homes are receiving multiple offers.

Currently there are only 1250 single family detached resale homes on the market for all of Albuquerque.

The average interest rate on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage in New Mexico was 5.60%, up from 5.36% a year ago. The market is still active for buyers and sellers. Interest rates are now rising to over 6%.

New Mexico was rated one of the top ten states to purchase real estate.

#121456 - 05/12/05 10:33 AM Re: Looking for info
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
To be honest, I don't think we have any New Mexico members at the moment.. sorry frown

I drove through Albuquerque a couple months ago on the way to Colorado... nice looking town with a whole lot of nothing around it.

#121457 - 05/12/05 08:05 PM Re: Looking for info
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spent most of my youth in Abq. and it was alright then (1975-1989) but now I really dont understand how the "average" person/fam. live there. It seems that the cost of living is way higher than the avg. yearly income. I have no real defintions for "average"/"average yearly income", to put it into perspective Im a nurse (RN) and my wife is the Director of out church' Daycare and school. We live in a 4 bedroom 2 bath 2 car garage house in an upscale neighborhood and we paid 122,000 for a 2100sq. ft house.

The draw back and the only one I can think of is that Lubbock is Geographicly challanged, its flatter than SHIT.

Abq. the advantages is its close to mountians and other fun places, however crime is high and so is cost of living, Im not sure what it is you and your spouse do but the income could be lacking also.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited to add Im not suggesting you move to Lubbock, just used it to compare to Abq.

#121458 - 06/12/05 11:04 AM Re: Looking for info
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the info,

I found alot of stuff on the web it looks very promising place to live.

I think when we get closer to the time we will fly out there and spend a few days looking around.

Wife has a cousin in ABQ who we are contacting and a Aunt and Uncle in Silver City.

You have to put everything into perspective memphis is like no.2 or 3 on the most violent cities in the country and the racial tension is out of control!! Not a good place to raise a family. Granted I live in the suburbs I dread my daily commute and working in the city limits.

Thanks again

Hayden

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal