Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131942 - 25/01/07 11:41 AM Day Run at Anza Boreggo on Saturday Feb 3rd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't know any of you except for snoopy (he sold me his old ARB)

I'm taking out a group of fairly unexperienced experienced wheeler's from my church out to Anaza for a day run of fun. Have any of you been out there recently? Weather Conditions? Trail Conditions? Any of you interested in joining?

I'll post more details as to what trail, time, and meeting place tomorrow or Monday.

So far we've got my 01' X, an underestimated 88' saumari, a 94' Bronco, 03' Tacoma, 88' Toyota Truck, & a 02' Land Cruiser.

CH 7 sub 25

#131943 - 25/01/07 12:00 PM Re: Day Run at Anza Boreggo on Saturday Feb 3rd
Anonymous
Unregistered

It has been somewhat windy out there, but that changes pretty quickly.

Do you know where you might be headed? Some of the easier but still scenic trails include 17 Palms Oasis (short, only about 5 miles r/t, but you could add Fonts Point or Ella Wash to get in more trail time) or Fish Creek / Sandstone Cyn (longer, 28 miles r/t to the back of Sandstone (the most scenic part)).

Check with the rangers at (760) 767-5311 or Visitor Center about trail conditions.

I may be interested in joining you, but won't know about that date until it gets closer, as I have a work conference starting on Sunday the 4th.

#131944 - 25/01/07 06:08 PM Re: Day Run at Anza Boreggo on Saturday Feb 3rd
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in. Its been a while since I've been out in the dirt so barring something serious I'll be there.

#131945 - 26/01/07 05:13 PM Re: Day Run at Anza Boreggo on Saturday Feb 3rd
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a quick question for all of you. Does the X terra fit well in the Pinyon mountain squeeze?

#131946 - 26/01/07 08:41 PM Re: Day Run at Anza Boreggo on Saturday Feb 3rd
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Onewaysoldier:
I've got a quick question for all of you. Does the X terra fit well in the Pinyon mountain squeeze?
It's a little tight, but it fits. I don't know how the 2nd gen Xterras do. I know there are a few tight areas in Moab that they have to be a little more careful on.

I think that Bronco and LC in the group might have a fun time getting through the squeeze. I might even come out to watch. laugh

See you in Moab!

Doug

#131947 - 27/01/07 04:43 PM Re: Day Run at Anza Boreggo on Saturday Feb 3rd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, duely noted. The bronco driver saw pictures of the squeeze and we're going not going to be running it now. Bummer. We will be running West to East on Vallecito Wash, North up Arroyo Tapiado, down to Diablo Dropoff, and up Fish Creek. If all drivers are up to it we'll do the dropoff and then up fish creek. If not, we'll go down the back side of Arroyo Tapido.

Trails 54 and 57 in the California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails by Mr. Wells

As much as I'd like to see the bronco and LC run it I don't think it's happening this time.

#131948 - 30/01/07 08:00 PM Re: Day Run at Anza Boreggo on Saturday Feb 3rd
Anonymous
Unregistered

OnewaySoldier,
I may make a run on Sat. What time are you planning on being there? Also, the first section of Vallecito isn't that exciting, too much washboard. You may want to drive a few more miles south on S2 and come in Canyon Sin Nombre - lots of fun 2wd wheel spinning/sliding :p From there you can make a right at Vallecito, wheel/splash along Carrizo Creek to the Stage Station and then backtrack the same way and come up Arroyo Seco to the Drop Off. Arroyo Seco has the mud caves - very freaky hiking a 1/4 mile through a natural tunnel. You will need light! Also, the group will get some pinstriping through Carrizo Creek, but it is an experience driving 1/2 mile+ through a stream/creek in the desert.
Just a thought.

#131949 - 31/01/07 05:27 PM Re: Day Run at Anza Boreggo on Saturday Feb 3rd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, I'm out. I've decided to do my body lift that day. I'd love to go but I really want this done before Rattlesnake Canyon and that's the only day available.

#131950 - 31/01/07 07:55 PM Re: Day Run at Anza Boreggo on Saturday Feb 3rd
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm out as well, I'll be helping Mitch pimp his ride. Well . . . probably not really helping much but supervising.

Have a good time and post some pics.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal