2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133024 - 18/11/05 04:12 PM Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
Powerguy38 Offline

Loc: Greensburg, PA
Is the reason it's locked because the vendor is a supporter of this site? If not, why was this thread CLICK ME allowed to go for 9 pages? Just curious. I don't have any products from the vendor with 9 pages on them, just trying to clarify the rules.

#133025 - 18/11/05 05:11 PM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am wondering this too. Calmini ought to support their customers. The steering is a big problem from most of the people who bought them. I have spent a lot of money with them and now, they need to hide?

You can slam the idiot we have for a president, but can't say anything about a company who has problems with their products.

Calmini needs to fix the problem and support their customers.

#133026 - 18/11/05 08:09 PM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
I've got to add to this as well, since I authored the thread .

I think it's Bullshit that the thread was closed. I have a valid problem and have been and am still surrently being jerked around by a vendor who seems to care little about meeting their commitments or deadlines.

I was promised the parts I ordered would be in my hands on the 15th of November, and find on the 18th of Novemeber that the parts hadn't even been shipped even though I had been Charged for them. I then find that I will not get the parts until the 22nd, 7 days later than originally promised.

How does Calmini apologize for this? By making seem that they are going out of their way to send me an item which I should have already recieved, and making me feel as if I did something wrong.

I remember when the Supporting Members idea was created, because Ian was down on his luck. I supported him. You'll notice the tag under my screenname to prove it.

Now that I find myself being treated horribly by a vendor, Carlton closes the thread so it won't
Quote:
Posted by Admin (Carlton)...turn into a vendor bash.
Should I ask if XOC has sold out, turning it's back on those who stepped up to help?

Should I even bother to look here for information on the Xterra and products relating to it, knowing now that information about a vendors product or service is being repressed? Does XOC not care when a vendor who is paying for ad space misleads members of XOC, talks to them like idiots, treats them like garbage, and fails to meet commitments to those members?

Does Ian/XOC even care that a vendor who is paying for ad space has put a customer into the position of potentially losing their job because they fail to meet a commitment, provide a product which works as advertised, or provide even a temporary fix in a timely manner to that member?

Or has XOC decided that a member who once helped him is less important than the vendor who didn't give a shit about him then either?

#133027 - 18/11/05 08:27 PM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:
I've got to add to this as well, since I authored the thread .

Read the PM I sent you earlier today before you start making stupid assumptions.

#133028 - 18/11/05 08:32 PM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
Rockaholic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Read the PM I sent you earlier today before you start making stupid assumptions.
Carlton, I wasn't aware until now that I had a PM.

I apologize...

#133029 - 18/11/05 08:37 PM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
XOC Offline
Admin

So call me

#133030 - 18/11/05 08:51 PM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
Rockaholic Offline

So I feel like a jerk...

I overreacted, and apologize to Ian and Carlton for the attack on their approach to the members of XOC. I'm a bit frustrated, concerned, and angry at the situation, and not realizing that the idea was to avoid another long thread of generalized complaints, I posted what I did here.

I apologize.

I talked to Carlton, he explained his motivation and wanted to make sure that My story was out for people to see, but avoid it being just a rant thread.

If Steve at Calmini wishes to respond here, Carlton has assured me he'll reopen the thread.
I hope Steve does, because IMHO Dave has put Calmini's reputation in jeopardy.

I have no ill will towards either Carlton or Ian, and things are good between us.

#133031 - 18/11/05 09:48 PM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Just as a note to all, I generally click on the "my profile" link near the top right of the page in the forum index each day to check for new PMs. I don't know any other way to know you have a new message other than to go in and check! smile

#133032 - 19/11/05 05:34 AM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
Powerguy38 Offline

Loc: Greensburg, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by dezurtrat:
Just as a note to all, I generally click on the "my profile" link near the top right of the page in the forum index each day to check for new PMs. I don't know any other way to know you have a new message other than to go in and check! smile
I get an e-mail informing me that I have a new PM. I thought it worked that way for everyone.

#133033 - 19/11/05 05:38 AM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
XOC Offline
Admin

There is a function in your profile that allows you to get an e-mail when you recieve a PM.

You just have to select "yes"

#133034 - 19/11/05 03:23 PM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
There is a function in your profile that allows you to get an e-mail when you recieve a PM.

You just have to select "yes"
Yea, I check for them so often I always get the PM's before the email so I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it! Thanks for pointing that out!

#133035 - 19/11/05 04:24 PM Re: Question about the locked thread in the vendor section.
chupasierras Offline

Loc: Monterrey, M�xico
I deal with Calmini by email, and always I get fast replies from the same guy, accurate information and very attentive to my questions and needs, always with nice attitude. In the past I have got bushings (IA and UCAs), no questions asked.

Abiel
www.abielg.com

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal