2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47729 - 09/04/03 05:52 PM ARB Locker install help
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
I'm searching for ideas. I finished wiring for a rear locker tonight, but the solenoid doesn't activate. I have a solid 12v at going into the solenoid that I verified with a multimeter. How easy do these things burn out? Any suggestions?

#47730 - 10/04/03 09:23 AM Re: ARB Locker install help
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
I know this sounds basic but, did you mix up the connectors under the hood? I triple checked the connections from the compressor to the switch and it wouldn't work. When I flipped the plugs, it worked.

#47731 - 10/04/03 09:31 AM Re: ARB Locker install help
Aero Steve Offline

I'm using a powertank in back to run it. Nothing under the hood, no compressor to find a spot for. The wiring consists of tieing the switch into the fusepanel and running a pair of wires back to the solenoid hung on the tank bracket. The only thing running outside is the hose to the locker and a vent hose from the solenoid.

Since I last posted I did some more troubleshooting. The solenoid tests as an open circuit, there should be continuity for the coil in the solenoid. I call AC and Mike had a solenoid in stock that he's overnighting to me.

#47732 - 10/04/03 10:08 AM Re: ARB Locker install help
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
When you checked the voltage did you check the poles in the plug, or did you put test lead to the hot in the plug and then went to ground somewhere on the frame?

What I'm getting at is it's possible that you're not properly grounded in the circuit. But could still be getting voltage if you grounded that way..I'm I making sense?

I wouldn't say that their couldn't be something wrong with the coil or the solenoid, but it's not likely. Sounds kinda like a wiring problem, but it could be faulty.

#47733 - 10/04/03 11:55 AM Re: ARB Locker install help
Aero Steve Offline

There are two pins on the switch that are supposed to go to ground. One also goes to the solenoid. They are all soldered together behind the dash and grounded to a stud on the steering colum. I checked voltage between the ground wire and power wire at the solenoid. There is also no voltage difference between the ground wire and the body in the back but it shows continuity, so I think its a good ground.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal