2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#636804 - 09/07/03 11:30 AM air fuel ration gauge.
liv Offline

Loc: Hull, Quebec
Hi,
I bought this gauge from a member of xoc.
I can't seem to get a correct reading from it.
when I start it, it goes about middle and as soon as I warm up.. goes all the way to lean.
and If I go WOT, it jumps to the last led on rich..
what did I do wrong ?

I connected the ground on the block as requested by the instructions.. the other one is a fused live wire 12+.

help.

thanks

Liv

#636805 - 09/07/03 12:00 PM Re: air fuel ration gauge.
Ag Bullet Offline

Loc: Garner, NC
From what I have seen first hand on watching one, they never really hold a position for long. The lights are always sweeping to one extreme from the other. On my friends turboed 240sx, his is always moving. It always sits on the high end of rich when he hammers it.
My Ride
Most of the world's problems can be solved with blunt head traumas.

#636806 - 09/07/03 02:05 PM Re: air fuel ration gauge.
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
Hmm, I thought I watched mine jump around a lot... rich is normal for high accelleration however. Will have to watch it with the scanner and see what it does...

But the fact it jumps to rich at WOT and goes back to lean makes me think it's connected correctly. Not sure why you don't see it jump around, unless the gauge is averaging the input...

-=RB

#636807 - 09/07/03 05:15 PM Re: air fuel ration gauge.
liv Offline

Loc: Hull, Quebec
Ok, thanks guys !

I put my multimeter on it and its constant at ~0.270 Volts and when at full, it goes straight to 1V.. no in between.

I also tried connecting both of them together.. still same results.

my gauge was designed to see .270 as very lean and normal between .4 to .5 and rich from 6 over.
too bad I can't take it apart and redo the config.

thanks

liv

#636808 - 09/07/03 08:40 PM Re: air fuel ration gauge.
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
It's normal for your A/F indicator to jump around at idle and anywhere other then WOT. I am not surprised that it reads full rich on the X since just about all vehicles run rich from the factory.

Why have the indicator at all? To me it's meaningless unless you are adjusting your fuel trims with a piggy-back computer or a stand-alone.

Hell, the indicators you are probably using is junk anyway. You can't use it for any real tuning and IT'S ALL FOR LOOKS.

BTW, your volt meter might not have been fast enough to register fast voltage changes when the X isn't WOT.

It seems like you installed the gauge just fine. Relax and impress the chicks with your light show. smile

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal