2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#638511 - 10/11/03 08:23 AM Nissan Vs. Calmini
Anonymous
Unregistered

what the difference between the calmini after market exhaust and the nissan sport muffler? they both say they increase power, but neither is specific about how much, and i am not sure if either carry the warrentee with them? i would assume the nissan one would...

thanks for any info.

conor

#638512 - 11/11/03 12:16 AM Re: Nissan Vs. Calmini
couchpotato Offline

Loc: washington state
To my knowledge no one has performed a dyno with either. The Nissan exhaust has a variable flow. Supposedly, it will give you the low end torque that is lost due to lack of back pressure at low rpms with most exhaust systems.
I just decided on Borla because it SS.
-Rob

#638513 - 11/11/03 01:52 AM Re: Nissan Vs. Calmini
Anonymous
Unregistered

Currently my 2003 Xterra has less than 500 miles on it. After installing the K&N Aircharger intake myself, I'm having my dealer(Nissan112) install the Nissan/Dynomax exhaust on the 17th...I'll let you know how it goes.

#638514 - 11/11/03 08:45 AM Re: Nissan Vs. Calmini
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Note (Wave already knows) that the Nissan/Dynomax Stainless Sport Exhaust is NOT the same as the current "sport muffler" offered on Nissan's site. The SSE is more complete kit, in stainless, not an "aluminized" with the (supposedly) variable-capacity muffler. I still don't know how the VCM depicted on the site would work with the X since it has 2 outlets and the X only has 1.
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=000214

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#638515 - 11/11/03 10:27 AM Re: Nissan Vs. Calmini
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Wave:
Currently my 2003 Xterra has less than 500 miles on it. After installing the K&N Aircharger intake myself, I'm having my dealer(Nissan112) install the Nissan/Dynomax exhaust on the 17th...I'll let you know how it goes.
how much is the sport exhaust?

on the web page it says 450 without install and thats the new one... i was thinking that some dealers might be able to bargain it down?

so does everyone have a preference on which is the better way to go?

and how much of the warentee is affected if you change the exhaust?

thanks guys-
conor

#638516 - 11/11/03 11:00 AM Re: Nissan Vs. Calmini
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Warranty won't be affected at all, both are Genuine Nissan-offered accessories.

I'd go with the SSE, it is a true stainless system, and replaces more of the original system than any other by including the Y-pipe that gathers both banks together into one. It's $425 + 10% shipping:
http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=999M6-KM001

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#638517 - 11/11/03 12:02 PM Re: Nissan Vs. Calmini
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for all the info. i think i agree and will go with that system.

#638518 - 17/11/03 02:40 PM Re: Nissan Vs. Calmini
Anonymous
Unregistered

UPDATE...My dealer installed the Nissan/Dynomax system(stamped DYNOMAX right on the muffler) today and I'm really pleased with the results.

There is a significantly nicer growl coming from the pipes now and it looks better to me than the original S/C exhaust with polished tip.

laugh

#638519 - 17/11/03 03:49 PM Re: Nissan Vs. Calmini
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Wave:
UPDATE...My dealer installed the Nissan/Dynomax system(stamped DYNOMAX right on the muffler) today and I'm really pleased with the results.

There is a significantly nicer growl coming from the pipes now and it looks better to me than the original S/C exhaust with polished tip.

laugh
Have you noticed a difference in power? acceleration? Is it a deep growl?

#638520 - 17/11/03 11:58 PM Re: Nissan Vs. Calmini
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmn, my car is still "breaking in" at under 1000 miles on the odometer so I haven't really mashed the pedal yet. The growl is pleasant to hear and constant with the windows rolled up, wheras the stock exhaust is fairly silent. And yes, I would call it a nice deep burbling growl for a 6 cylinder.

Power?...there's got to be some HP improvement but I don't have a dyno to tell.

Acceleration? To me feels improved but then again my previous vehicle was a Nissan Maxima SE. I'd like to do a stoplight race against another Xterra SE-S/C that is stock to really see what's up.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal