Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42102 - 13/06/04 07:55 PM Cruise Control
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just went on my first long distance trip with the Xterra. It was great, but there was one problem. When using the cruise control and hitting a hill it down shifts keep up the pace which is normal. but then when the top is reached and I start going down it wont upshift unless I hit the accel button. You can feel it letting off the gas going downhill to slow down but no upshift until i hit that button. It sucks because it runs at 4500 rpm. Has anyone else have that problem? Just wanted some thoughts.

Also, Is there an inhibitor so that it can not go above 95 mph? Just wondering.

Thanks

JB

#42103 - 13/06/04 09:07 PM Re: Cruise Control
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Yes, there's a governor. Touchy topic here, best avoided. Suffice to say most think anyone that wants it gone is a dumbass.
As for the cruise control and transmission, the CC is pretty dumb, best to not use it except on gentle/level terrain. Search this section and problems/annoyances for "torque converter lockup" for many discussions about the transmission's quirks.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#42104 - 13/06/04 09:32 PM Re: Cruise Control
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the response. I will so some searches. I noticed as long as there are no hills it is no problem. It is more fun to drive withour cruise control anyways.
Dont get me wrong about the speed. It was just a weird kit back when I went down one of the hills and hit 95. Never felt anything like that so I was just wondering.

Thanks again.
JB

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal