2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#644291 - 12/07/04 05:45 PM Powerchips: Safe?? Available??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was curious if there are any ECU, powerchip upgrades for an '04 X. I just want a little more power (I've already went w/an intake and exhaust). Couldn't seem to get anything when I searched, believe me I tried. Thanks for any help and information

#644292 - 12/07/04 06:58 PM Re: Powerchips: Safe?? Available??
Anonymous
Unregistered

C lick ME!!

This is it.. There are others, all around $325.. all involve reprograming your ecu.. the chip is not socketed.. I.E. not replacable..

#644293 - 12/07/04 07:12 PM Re: Powerchips: Safe?? Available??
Anonymous
Unregistered

THanks, I have that site saved and had not checked it for performance upgrades. THanks for the link.

#644294 - 13/07/04 05:55 AM Re: Powerchips: Safe?? Available??
Anonymous
Unregistered

has anyone that does not have an exhaust have this upgrade done, and if so was it worth the money to do so? I am thinking of doing this because its about teh same cost as the exhaust and my exhaust on my truck is still like new. Any thoughts?

#644295 - 13/07/04 06:53 AM Re: Powerchips: Safe?? Available??
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Warning that at least on a 2002 or newer (and most likely on 2000/2001), removing and replacing the ECU is a ROYAL pain in the ass. I've just removed one and it sucked...

Also, getting a computer upgrade is best done AFTER you have done the rest of your performance mods so that the computer can be programmed to best take advantage of them.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#644296 - 13/07/04 07:27 AM Re: Powerchips: Safe?? Available??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just fixin' to say that.

#644297 - 14/07/04 12:01 AM Re: Powerchips: Safe?? Available??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
[QB]Warning that at least on a 2002 or newer (and most likely on 2000/2001), removing and replacing the ECU is a ROYAL pain in the ass. I've just removed one and it sucked...
Got a step by step? I'm still trying to get mine out for the JET upgrade, managed to utterly destroy the feedtubes for the floor AC so far.

#644298 - 14/07/04 05:52 AM Re: Powerchips: Safe?? Available??
Anonymous
Unregistered

if possible, find a local shop to reprogram your ECU. there's no substitute for having someone do it while your car is on a dyno. you'll get MUCH better results. when you send it away to someone, they're just doing their best guess on how it will perform on your car based on your setup. this is no guarantee of how it will ACTUALLY perform!

#644299 - 14/07/04 09:46 AM Re: Powerchips: Safe?? Available??
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by Wave:
Got a step by step? I'm still trying to get mine out for the JET upgrade, managed to utterly destroy the feedtubes for the floor AC so far.
Not really, it was coming out of a junker so I didn't really care about collateral damage. I do recall ripping out the floor duct tubing, and I couldn't manage to release the harness for the relay that is attached to the top of the ECU so I just cut the wires to it. There's just one bolt/screw holding the ECU down that I recall, but there's just no way to get at it with anything more effective than about 1/8 of a turn at a time. I would have killed for one of these: http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/squeezewrench.html

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal