Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#641812 - 08/10/04 06:48 PM How well will my 4X2 perform?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whats up Guys, Im kinda new to the XOC but I've been wondering how well my 4X2 Supercharged 04 Xterra would do off road. I got into a wreck last winter driving on snow and I've been scared to take it off road since.

#641813 - 08/10/04 07:46 PM Re: How well will my 4X2 perform?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The supercharger is useless off road, unless you are in the sand or mud..
Even on fire roads it is only good for making a dust cloud..
Most of the off roading i do is at 3 to 10 mph..
for a 2wd i woudl sudjest shackles for the rear, this would give you a little more wheel (down) travel, and might keep the tires on the ground.
just remember, as soon as you unload a tire, you are stuck. you may be able to reverse, or else you are pushing. I would also put in a rear locker, if you are going to try any serious off roading.. Huey in our club blew a hub on the last trip i did with him, his rear locker.. well saved his rear.. It allowed him to get up loose hills with only a cloud of dust, not a winch cable..

#641814 - 08/10/04 08:33 PM Re: How well will my 4X2 perform?
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
i don't know. We recently took a couple 2wd X's into Ocala N.F. here in Florida a few days ago, and they faired really well. I wouldn't be going offroading by yourself, but really you never should. They had no problem on the easy trails which consisted of sand, log crossings and such. on an uphill turn in deep sand one had to be tugged out but that was about it. if you will be going in sand remember that you can lower your air pressure in the tires for added traction but less ground clearance but make sure you can fill them up beforehand, 20 psi at the lowest if you cannot get to a service station or some other way of refilling before hitting the road home.

#641815 - 10/10/04 12:31 PM Re: How well will my 4X2 perform?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright thats good to know, yea I'll look into that rear locker.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal