Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#640776 - 03/01/05 10:45 PM About resonators...
Anonymous
Unregistered

so I took the fender one out today. And as I was looking around here, one guy suggested opening up the resonator tube at the radiator( maybe even by just cutting the end off) to allow even more airflow in pre filter as opposed to capping it off. Has anyone done this? Seems like a good idea. More air to the stock airbox is always good. Thoughts? [ThumbsUp] [Argue] [ThumbsDown]

#640777 - 04/01/05 06:06 AM Re: About resonators...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only thing with that tube is to becareful of where you cut it. It is very close to where the Air Temp Sensor is so I wouldn't want that to have a chance of getting wet or muddy if the tube is cut too short and the Air Temp Sensor has a chance of being damaged by the outside elements. The resonator mod for me really didn't do anything in the way of performance anyways.

#640778 - 04/01/05 12:37 PM Re: About resonators...
Anonymous
Unregistered

more air is not always better. more cold air is usually better, tho.

Generally speaking, allowing additional air from within the engine bay into the intake will at-best not help you, and at-worst could hurt performance.

#640779 - 04/01/05 01:42 PM Re: About resonators...
Anonymous
Unregistered

lemme see if I can clarify. I assume everyone is familiar with the resonators. So picture in your mind the one that snakes its way on top of the radiator. Now what if you cut a hole in that tube facing forward, away from the engine? So any wind that came in, even if not that much, may go in that tube. So that, coupled with the fender resonator being removed allowing the extra breathing hole= ?? I dunno. The more I think about it, the more I think its possible to improve the intake on the stock box. Just brain-storming.. confused

#640780 - 04/01/05 02:22 PM Re: About resonators...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got rid of all mine, they don't do a thing. They won't do a thing by not being there either... You may notice a slight growl on acceleration , but once the novelty wears off and you see you're only wasting gas, it is quickly forgotten.
6 of one, half a dozen of the other, it just doesn't matter.

#640781 - 05/01/05 07:49 PM Re: About resonators...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did anyone remove that s looking one that goes to the top of the radiator? What is that sensor thing at the bottom of that tube?

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal