Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42335 - 13/02/05 10:11 AM Small Coolant leak
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 04 V6 with 15k miles. I noticed today that there is a very slight coolant leak under the intake manifold. Looking at the engine from the front, it is to the left of the dist, about 4inches to the rear. There is some kind of connection under there, and thats where the small leak is. I will be calling the dealer when they open tomorrow, but does anyone have an idea of where this leak is comming from?? What is this connection called? It looks like it will be a big job just to disassemble to get at the leak.

#42336 - 14/02/05 08:26 PM Re: Small Coolant leak
Anonymous
Unregistered

not sure.. but at 15k sounds like you don't have to figure it out.. the boys down at your dealer do.

#42337 - 15/02/05 06:59 AM Re: Small Coolant leak
blizzard Offline

Loc: Yarnell, AZ.
I had a leak under the intake that dripped down the valve cover and onto the exhaust manifold.
The dealer replaced the intake and all the small hoses under it on the warranty. Go do it.

#42338 - 15/02/05 07:41 AM Re: Small Coolant leak
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im leaking coolant from the thermastat housing, I think thats where it is coming from. This Friday I plan on taking it in to have that as well as my squeeky clutch pedal looked at.

#42339 - 15/02/05 10:24 AM Re: Small Coolant leak
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm leaking it on that upper AC hose going back to the radiator....dammit.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal