2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42668 - 25/06/05 09:19 PM Locker seal blew out, need help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pushed switch for the locker and the compressor would not shut off, the line is fine and looks to be still hooked up, a rush of air comes from under my truck when I push the switch, not the normal air release. Need help locker has to fixed by next Wed, help. confused

#42669 - 26/06/05 04:34 AM Re: Locker seal blew out, need help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's most likely one of two things. Check the bulkhead fitting...is should be on the top of the diff housing where the air line attaches. See if it's leaking there. There is not a lot of room in there, so it may be hard to see. Also brush on some soapy water on it with the compresser on and see if it bubbles up. If that's the problem you can get a new fitting from ARB (it's a standard part for all ARB) and replace it or it maybe just loose and you can try tightening the compression nut. Be carefull, this should not be really tight anyway because it seals with a small O ring.

The other problem may be a bad/blown Seal housing O-ring (ARB part #160208 on the RD 107 locker) That will require removing the differential cover so you can remove the seal housing and replace the O-ring. If I were going to take it apart, I would get the O-ring and a new seal housing (part #080802) just in case the problem is the copper tubing line that could have shifted and sprung a leak.

If a shop installed it, take it back to them. Most people have said that ARB is great with their warranty issues.

Good Luck. laugh

#42670 - 26/06/05 09:22 AM Re: Locker seal blew out, need help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks man I posted both places to get help sooner, I posted at Firma with the new problem, still need help. smile

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal