2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45639 - 09/12/05 11:39 AM valve body
Anonymous
Unregistered

has anyone changed the valve body on an auto trans 4x4? it's for a 98 Infiniti QX4 with 100k. it shifts real rough and can't seem to find the right gear at any speed. we took it to Bankston Nissan of Lewisville,TX and the advisor said 90% sure that the valve body is the problem, fluid was good. quoted $1300 to fix it. too rich for me!

i know it can't be an easy job, but i have done other work to this truck like timing belt, struts, bearings, etc. with lots of help from this website.

btw - shifted worse than ever after getting it back from this dealership. got home that night really mad. checked the fluid level, and the dipstick was dry!!! had them tow it back to the dealership so the could refill what they drained when they removed the pan to look for shavings. what the frick?

#45640 - 09/12/05 12:09 PM Re: valve body
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would do this, take it to Bankston in Irving and ask for Stephen King (The Service Rep). Tell him what the problem is he can probably save you a lot of money. He is the LONE honest person left working at any Bankston dealership as far as I'm concerned.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal