Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48239 - 03/02/06 07:34 PM Lock Right - for 2000-2004 Xterra / Frontier
Anonymous
Unregistered

Many of you know that Powertrax makes a Lock Right for the 31 spline rear axle but not for the 33 spline which is in our Xterras. The tech dept at Powertrax told one of our members that if a distributor would order 100 of these they would make them for us.

I don't know about you guys but a top quality locker that sells for around $250 sounds pretty sweet to me.

An order for 100 is too many for a club but there must be easily 3 or 4 different distributors with pockets deep enough to get this option to the market. I can't help but think they would sell tons considering the only current option is foour times as expensive and a much more involved (often expensive) instalation.

So who would you contact? I Started with contacting Powertrax. Obviously the more they realize the demand exists the more likely they are to move on it even without a distributor commitment. From there who? Maybe AC? Calmini? Any other obvious choices.

Thousands of 4x4 Xterras and Frontiers were sold with the 33 spline axles. As they start to get older and more of them end up in the hands of wheelers I am sure we will see slightly more manufacturer support than we currently do. I just hate to wait if a few well placed emails and phone calls can get the ball rolling.

#48240 - 03/02/06 08:51 PM Re: Lock Right - for 2000-2004 Xterra / Frontier
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
AC might but doubt calmini will. Not sure who else to call. A good price like that sucks to pass us buy. I hope someone would take up this idea.

#48241 - 03/02/06 09:03 PM Re: Lock Right - for 2000-2004 Xterra / Frontier
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why can't we contact Calmini or AC and get a group buy list set up and use them as the middleman?

There has to be at least 100 interested buyers out there with an open rear carrier...

I'll put my name on the list right now!

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal