Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41783 - 01/12/07 06:15 PM Low coolant level after accident repairs.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2001 with 115K miles on it (Haven't done the timing belt/water pump yet) About 5 weeks ago the car over heated and was low on coolant.

Here's the story on the car since the last two months.

Bought the car a year ago and it run awesome till two months ago some to reject ran a stop sign and smacked into the right front corner. After the accident and repairs the car went down hill.

So my gf who drives it all the time took the car in to get repairs done. 6K CDN later (ICBC paid for it) we get the car back and it runs like pos. Hard to start, idles rough and is missing a screw in the sun roof (it was there before the accident)

So she takes it back to the repair shop (Flag Chev - Surrey BC) and all they tell her they didn't touch the engine or the electrical and told her to talk to ICBC. Well she like if you didn't touch the electrical how come my horn is not working (They disconnected it) So they reconnect it and tell her it was disconnected when they had to replace the air conditioning unit in the car. Hmm

So a week later the car dies in the drive way and wont start. No power at all. So I check the battery and what do we have here? Both battery terminals are not tightened at all and were just connected onto the battery posts with out being tightened. So I reconnect it and all it fine and we get power back. Unfortunately now the battery is crapped out and wont take a full charge anymore. So a new one goes in and the car runs good.

A couple of weeks later the car overheats two min from the house. I let it cool down and check the coolant level. I cant see any water in the radiator and had to put some in about two liters+ worth. Anyways the car runs fine and temp is at half way mark as before. So today I and try to measure the antifreeze level and the coolant is low again so can't use the antifreeze tool.

I didn't add any water yet as I had to head out to work.

There is no water leaks anywhere on the driveway and don't smell any antifreeze or see any under the car. Where could it be leaking?

#41784 - 02/12/07 02:18 AM Re: Low coolant level after accident repairs.
Anonymous
Unregistered

It sounds like they probably didn't bleed the system when they refilled it.

Top it up, bleed it, then monitor it.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal