Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149713 - 01/03/06 10:48 AM Sopranos countdown!
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
THE SOPRANOS. 9 p.m., March 12, on HBO!!!!!!!!

Found this pretty good article regarding the next (and final) season.

Five things you need to know before you watch:

* Johnny Sack (Vincent Curatola) got nabbed by the feds in the final episode of season five, shifting power to volatile lieutenant Phil Leotardo (Frank Vincent).

* Carmela (Edie Falco) came to the conclusion that jewelry and new cars sure beat nagging Tony (James Gandolfini) for the cash to live in the manner she has become accustomed, so she let him back into the house.

* Uncle Junior's (Dominic Chianese) RICO trial ended in a hung jury after the capos got to a juror. So Uncle June may not be confined to house arrest anymore. He's become increasingly senile, however.

* Tony whacked his cousin Tony Blundetto (Steve Buscemi) with a shotgun blast to the face to save him from being tortured by Phil, who was looking to avenge Blundetto's murder of Phil's brother Billy.

* Tony had Silvio (Steve Van Zandt) whack Adriana (Drea de Matteo) after her fiance, Christopher (Michael Imperioli), revealed to Tony that she had been talking to the feds.

#149714 - 01/03/06 11:09 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I can hardly wait. I was watching some of last season last night in anticipation.

#149715 - 01/03/06 11:16 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Boo-yah!
12 episodes this year... and the last 10 starting in January 2007. [Smoking]

#149716 - 01/03/06 11:29 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
* Johnny Sack (Vincent Curatola) got nabbed by the feds in the final episode of season five, shifting power to volatile lieutenant Phil Leotardo (Frank Vincent).

Didn't Tony barely get away from that one? Isn't that the episode where they were meeting and Tony ran through the snow... I wonder if Johnny will roll over? Also, even though the power would be handed down, isn't the kid from Miami still in possible position to get himself into power in NY?

* Carmela (Edie Falco) came to the conclusion that jewelry and new cars sure beat nagging Tony (James Gandolfini) for the cash to live in the manner she has become accustomed, so she let him back into the house.

That and she couldn't find a good layer. laugh Hell, he gave her dad a gun a threw a nice party. Plus she's got AJ's drug habbit and her daughters emotional outbusts to deal with. Did Meadow's boyfriend ever get his manjob?

* Uncle Junior's (Dominic Chianese) RICO trial ended in a hung jury after the capos got to a juror. So Uncle June may not be confined to house arrest anymore. He's become increasingly senile, however.

Junior is still the man pulling the strings. Not for money or fame, just ego and an inability to release controll of power.

* Tony whacked his cousin Tony Blundetto (Steve Buscemi) with a shotgun blast to the face to save him from being tortured by Phil, who was looking to avenge Blundetto's murder of Phil's brother Billy.

It had to be done. Plus Cousin Tony was doing side jobs, a big no no. Will Tony take care of the twins? At least he should let them take what they want from A.J's closet.

* Tony had Silvio (Steve Van Zandt) whack Adriana (Drea de Matteo) after her fiance, Christopher (Michael Imperioli), revealed to Tony that she had been talking to the feds.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Chris gets a quick fix and is back on his feet. She was a much better maul than she is Joey's sister though. She had to go. I think Silvio took a certain joy whacking her. It wasn't like when they took out Pussy. She was a snitch and she wasn't even a wife. She had to go. Now that we've seen whack a cousin, Christopher probably isn't feeling too safe either. Loyalty, schmoyalty he's one indicment away from swimming with the fishes.

#149717 - 01/03/06 12:18 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
Boo-yah!
12 episodes this year... and the last 10 starting in January 2007. [Smoking]
I thought it was 16 this year and 8 in 2007?

#149718 - 01/03/06 01:03 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't fricken wait! That episode where Adriana got whacked was one of the most gut wrenching hours of television I've ever sat through.

#149719 - 01/03/06 02:01 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
2001frontier Offline

Agreed. Silvio should have boned her, and then shot her.

#149720 - 01/03/06 03:10 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
I can't wait to watch Big Love afterwards too. Looks like another good series!

#149721 - 02/03/06 05:43 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
cant wait [ThumbsUp]

#149722 - 02/03/06 06:25 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Wow...that's a little misogynistic... eek [Huh?]

#149723 - 02/03/06 06:39 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
[b]Agreed. Silvio should have boned her, and then shot her.
Wow...that's a little misogynistic... eek [Huh?] [/b]
Sorry, did it make your pussy hurt? [Finger]

#149724 - 02/03/06 06:55 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Agreed. Silvio should have boned her, and then shot her.
Sorry, did it make your pussy hurt? [Finger] [/b]
Rape, much?

#149725 - 02/03/06 07:09 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
2001frontier Offline

It was a joke dude, you can put down your NOW picket poster now. :rolleyes:

#149726 - 02/03/06 07:12 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Sorry, did it make your pussy hurt? [Finger] [/b]
Rape, much?
Yeah, the upstanding citizen he was definitely considered that... :rolleyes:

lol...haven't watched in years, but it sounds like I missed alot.

#149727 - 02/03/06 07:16 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
It was a joke dude, you can put down your NOW picket poster now. :rolleyes:
LOL...dude, it just seemed a little vicious, that's all.

#149728 - 02/03/06 07:21 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
While I am sure that many of the characters would have done that, Silvio has too much respect for Christopher and would never do something like that to him. Silvio is one of the very few guys on the show who has respect (Bobby "Bacala" is another off the top of my head).

#149729 - 02/03/06 07:26 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
2001frontier Offline

I agree. For murderers they are decent guys. It is amazing how we root for the real bad guys on the show, and root against the FBI and such.

#149730 - 02/03/06 07:27 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]It was a joke dude, you can put down your NOW picket poster now. :rolleyes:
LOL...dude, it just seemed a little vicious, that's all.[/b]
It was. These guys are scumbags. Had it been me I would have told her what was up and ran away to Mexico with her in hopes of getting a piece for saving her life. laugh

#149731 - 02/03/06 07:46 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Little Carmine gave up power to johnny sack in the second to last episode I think.

Will be interesting since Phil and Tony have never gotten along to have Phil technically Tony's superior now.

#149732 - 02/03/06 08:53 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by schteve:
Little Carmine gave up power to johnny sack in the second to last episode I think.

Will be interesting since Phil and Tony have never gotten along to have Phil technically Tony's superior now.
Phil Leotardo is in Johnny Sacks family -- and Carmine never offically named a successor, though I think it would be between Little Carmine and Johnny. Johnny just took it. But now that Johnny is in jail, word has it Phil is "acting boss"... though I'm sure you will agree that Johnny will not relinquish control.

I don't think that Phil is Tony's superior - though the NJ family is much smaller then Sack's NY family, Tony always stood up to Johnny and Carmine. He's certainly not afraid of Phil (remember when he chased him down in his truck and caused Phil to crash?). Tony will need to respect Phil, especially if Johnny appoints him as acting boss. But Johnny's not dumb enough to let Phil do anything too negative to Tony... especially while he sits in jail.

#149733 - 10/03/06 07:35 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
<<>>

2 days!!!!
I cant fucking wait.

#149734 - 10/03/06 08:35 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Claus Offline

AND IN HD !!!!!!!

"So," rails his mom, Carmela (Edie Falco), "every time I said to you, 'How's work?' and you said, 'Fine,' you were having your own private little joke on me?"

"What's going on?" says Tony, entering through the front door.

"I went to Blockbuster today to rent 'Cinderella Man,' " Carmela fumes, "and guess what?"

"It still sucks."

"I found out that our son, the liar, had been fired three weeks ago!"

"From Blockbuster!" Tony is a mix of rage and bewilderment. "How the f--- do you do that? They got rhesus monkeys as managers there!"

#149735 - 10/03/06 08:51 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Phil is still pissed that Tony didn't let him lay into his cousin with a blowtorch an pair of pliers. Little Carmine bowed out because he was too much of a pussy at the time. Johnny Sack was on his way to Miami to deal with him. What conversation didn't take place since he got pinched? With Jersey and NY in joint projects isn't it in NJ's favor to get behind Lille C before Phill decides to whip it out and show who's is bigger?

Anthony is starting to get a little more industrius and he likes the idea of having his minions fight his battles. He wasn't the football player that Tony was but is he going to be better at delegating tasks?

#149736 - 11/03/06 08:07 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
All I gotta say is, DVR ROCKS!

#149737 - 12/03/06 02:44 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

TONIGHT AT 9:00 ON HBO

LITTLE OVER 3 HOURS FROM NOW smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal