Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165104 - 10/05/07 11:49 AM Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well my cat of 14yrs, Thomas, was suffering from a stroke and kidney failure for the last 4 days and after many difficult hours we couldn't watch him suffer any more. Sat with him while he was injected and he fell asleep in my arms. Gonna miss ya Tom. You have been a real pick me up on bad days.

[img] [img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8403/picture248be2.jpg[/img] [/IMG]

#165105 - 10/05/07 11:51 AM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

You did the right thing, sorry for your loss. frown

#165106 - 10/05/07 12:36 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear that. frown

#165107 - 10/05/07 01:04 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
coferj Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL
I know how hard it is, but ultimately, you did the right thing. Hate to hear it...keep yer head up.

The first time I read this was when I had to put my 10 year old rottie down....

"The Rainbow Bridge"

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

#165108 - 10/05/07 01:42 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Had to do the same thing with my Kitty of 19 years - Grew up with him from about 3 years old until I was 22 - Slept on the end my bed every night keeping my toes warm in winter, I was a mess the day we had to do the same for him I'll tell ya. Feel for ya dude frown

#165109 - 10/05/07 01:48 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

frown frown frown

#165110 - 10/05/07 01:59 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

We had to the same with one of our cats just before last Christmas. We had her for about 15 years. Got her from the Human Society when she was 3 (and was VERY abused). She had cancer and was in pain all the time. She went to sleep in my arms too.

Sometimes compassion means to do the compassionate thing, regardless of your loss. I feel for you. You're not alone.

In the Dharma,
-Gonzo

#165111 - 10/05/07 10:13 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear that.

#165112 - 11/05/07 05:14 AM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Being a Cat Lover myself, I feel for you Bro...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#165113 - 11/05/07 06:43 AM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the comments guys. Hardest part was attempting to explain to my 4yr old daughter that he was not coming back. She cried. I cried. Being that she is only 4 however she should forget fairly quick and be fine.......or so we hope.

#165114 - 11/05/07 10:36 AM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

14 years is a good run. He was lucky to have someone like you to give him a good home a and love him for 14 years. Although it's sad, you made the right call. Good memories will fill the hole left by his absence.

#165115 - 11/05/07 10:39 AM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

We just rescued another kitten last weekend...she's about 6 months old and is a beautiful blue gray. She'll be a companion to our other two....my black cat was rescued about a year and a half ago after I had to put my old black cat down after he suffered a stroke.

I don't think I've ever cried that much as an adult as the day I had to take him out and bury him.

You'll find another little fuzzy that'll steal your heart.

#165116 - 11/05/07 01:00 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hurt for you. A couple of months ago I had to bury our 15 year old cat. I was actually there when she was born (litter of one). Only downside to having pets live so long is that they become so integrated into your life.

Its gonna suck for a while but it will pass.

#165117 - 11/05/07 01:25 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just to cheer you up....here's how cats deal with ugly one night stands....

#165118 - 11/05/07 04:19 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
I'm sorry for your loss. frown

#165119 - 12/05/07 10:29 PM Re: Had to say goodbye this morning
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
I'm really sorry for your loss. I've been there with older cats of my own. God bless all of them.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal