Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165010 - 17/05/07 11:45 AM Micro-Brewery suggestions in Sacramento, CA.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys-taking the family truckster with the family to Sacramento shortly. The X is all waxed up and ready to go. It's Ian's 5th birthday-so we are hitting the Thomas the Rail Road thing as well as the zoo and fun park. We are staying in old town Sacramento. Any suggestions for some good brew house/restaurants.

#165011 - 17/05/07 05:30 PM Re: Micro-Brewery suggestions in Sacramento, CA.
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
There's Brew It Up (recommended), BJ's, River City, Hoppy Brewing, Pyramid, Sac Brewing Co.(recommended), Rubicon (recommended) and Lynch's (but they suck) in Sacramento and Sudwerk in Davis - but that's a short drive...worth it, though.

#165012 - 17/05/07 05:58 PM Re: Micro-Brewery suggestions in Sacramento, CA.
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
It's not "brewpub" related, but on a recent trip to Sac I found "Old Sacramento" to be pretty entertaining.

http://www.oldsacramento.com/

#165013 - 17/05/07 06:39 PM Re: Micro-Brewery suggestions in Sacramento, CA.
Anonymous
Unregistered

pyramid is nice and so is sac brewing.

#165014 - 17/05/07 07:54 PM Re: Micro-Brewery suggestions in Sacramento, CA.
Anonymous
Unregistered

sac brewing. my vote. good barleywine. [drink]

#165015 - 17/05/07 11:39 PM Re: Micro-Brewery suggestions in Sacramento, CA.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very cool guys. Thanks. There are a couple that are on my list and the ones suggested sound great. I think our first pub to hit will be Pyramid. Just got into Sacramento. @10:00PM. Dropped the Western slope of route 50. That was fun, wished there was some snow. Just to piss my wife off. LOL. The ordeal of hundreds of screaming kids including my own should be mitigated by a couple of pints (to start) at Pyramid. We are right in old town-so that will be fun as well. Thanks again guys.

#165016 - 18/05/07 04:02 PM Re: Micro-Brewery suggestions in Sacramento, CA.
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
You're welcome, Joe.

In the future, if you're ever looking for places to find beer, check out the sections on BeerAdvocate and RateBeer.com

Tons of great info and great resources for craft beer in general.

Cheers and aloha,

Christian

#165017 - 18/05/07 08:31 PM Re: Micro-Brewery suggestions in Sacramento, CA.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hit River City this evening. Too much Thomas the rail road and a very tired and cranky 2 year old were not a good combination for me. By the 3rd pint (stout), Kelly got a little twisted over my pint induced therapy session. Great burgers and OK wings. The waiter had 40% of his brain functioning-so service sucked. We walked from old town and tried to get to Pyramid, but there was some concern walking back in the dark. I guess some residual, Jersey paranoia. LOL. Unrelated to this post, but we went to the California Train Museum. It was just amazing. I think I enjoyed it more then the kids. Well, more kiddy entertainment tomorrow. Hope to talk the wife into the Aerospace Museum of California. Then cap off the evening with one of the suggested brew pubs. One note-I am familiar with the web brew pub reviews. But I figured you can't go wrong with suggestions from XOC. Cheers. [drink]

#165018 - 25/05/07 10:50 AM Re: Micro-Brewery suggestions in Sacramento, CA.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got back last Sunday. I was banned from the computer by my wife. I had to hit the books and I apparently had too much, or not enough micro brews. We ultimately hit Pyramid and later Brew it Up. I have to say, Brew it Up was one of the more unique micro brew pubs we have experienced. The food was incredible and the selection of micro brew was extraordinary. They had 23 beers on tap. And if you are not familiar with the place-you can brew your own. We had a very cool waiter who was getting us 1/2 pints to sample almost all of what was on tap. Kelly (my wife) and I are into stouts and porters. So we were getting free bees of the other, lighter fair. Way cool and a specific thanks to krisjohn for Brew it Up. On the way home, we hit BJ's in Reno for some corporate micro brew. They were good as usual. But the robotic staff was a buzzkill. So thanks again guys for the suggestions.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal