Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#148703 - 11/09/07 06:02 AM 9-11, 6 Years After
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Here's Remembering All who Died on this Terrible Day...Prayers and Thoughts are on all 911 Families...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#148704 - 11/09/07 06:14 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I think of 9-11 I can't help but think of the utter lapse in national security for letting such a thing happen, ... with no one accepting responsibility for this lapse. Shameful.

I also feel that until Bin Laden is captured there the families of the victims of 9-11 will not get a sense of closure. Of course his capture will not reduce the terrorism threat. But one can't help but feel that America is being laughed at for spending hundreds of billions on "the war on terror" yet cannot capture the guy who orchestrated 9-11. Not good.

_Lazza

#148705 - 11/09/07 07:03 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

Definitely one of those days in history where you remember where you were when you first heard the news.

I was still working in England, had my plane tickets for my big move to the US in 2 weeks and was getting excited about the move. A friend calls me up at the office and said that maybe I shouldn't move to the US right now as someone has flown a plane into the World Trade Center. I laughed it off, figuring it was a joke. But then he explained that it was no joke and to turn on the TV. The British TV certainly didn't hold back, one of their main points of focus at that time were the people jumping.

That was one of those 'Oh Shit, have I made the right decision to move' moments. Sept 24th we head to the airport to move here for good. Been here 6 years on Sept 24th, applied for my Citizenship recently.

I for one will certainly never forget that day.

#148706 - 11/09/07 07:17 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
I was sitting with my boss at a Computer Associates presentation. All of a sudden, everyones pagers started going off. What was scary is that we were away from downtown and as we were heading back to downtown Atlanta, there was this mass exodus of people leaving Atlanta. It was as if we just entered WWIII. Very un-nerving.

#148707 - 11/09/07 07:29 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazza:
But one can't help but feel that America is being laughed at for spending hundreds of billions on "the war on terror" yet cannot capture the guy who orchestrated 9-11. Not good.
We havn't caught him because no one has bothered to try. Give me $10M and I'll find him in 3 weeks and deliver him in a bag.

#148708 - 11/09/07 07:32 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
I was driving from Denver to my job up in the mountains where I stayed there Tues-Thurs every week. I remember how depressed I was being up there because I wanted so badly to get back to my wife and dogs. I felt so alone and lost/confused. I can remember that in this little small town in the mountains (which was probably the safest place in the nation), everyone over reacting. Buying gas, my boss putting his back accounts on hold, etc. I saw no TV coverage until that night which was probably a good thing.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lazza:
When I think of 9-11 I can't help but think of the utter lapse in national security for letting such a thing happen, ... with no one accepting responsibility for this lapse. Shameful.
Interesting. I feel the complete opposite as I already know who was responsible for the attacks. Matter of fact, I think they all took responsibilty. So many people feel they have to point fingers at someone else because all 19 criminals were cowards that took the easy way out and we can't convict them. Osama's just the poster child for all of this that we all look to for closure. His life on earth is technically over, so he can bark all he wants from his hole in the ground through video. I wish the media wouldn't broadcast one damn word from him, but we all know that's never going to happen. As a nation, nothing has happened on our soil since then, but we've busted several plots. We have lived and learned and our eyes are wide open now. Thoughts and prayers to everyone that was affected by the criminal acts of these 19 losers.

#148709 - 11/09/07 07:47 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by fog:

We havn't caught him because no one has bothered to try. Give me $10M and I'll find him in 3 weeks and deliver him in a bag.
There already is a $50 million dollar bounty on his head.

If he is still alive and where people think he may be hiding, you can't get to him unless you have an army of highly trained special forces troops.

It's not a matter of no one trying to get Osama bin Laden. It's a matter of starting a new war in a separate country whose help we actually need. It could also destabilize and possibly overthrow the Pakistani government and cause an Islamic revolution in an already nuclear armed country.

Osama bin Laden is not worth all of that.

#148710 - 11/09/07 07:54 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with Madman for once. It's not like he's actually a free man. He's practically living in terror himself of one of his own people turning him in for the $$$. Hiding out constantly expecting the door to be broken down, probably has some kind of suicide plan figured out, or wears a suicide belt or something, so we don't get him alive.

Certainly not a free existence where he can enjoy life. Surprised one of his own hasn't turned him in yet for that $50 mill.

#148711 - 11/09/07 08:10 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

My wife of 5 years was on her first visit to Arizona from Denver when it happened. we had a TV on at work and I came into work in time to see one smoldering building and watched the second plane hit the other tower. I couldn't believe it. Air travel stopped all together for a few days, and my wife almost had to drive her rental car back to Denver to go home.

In remembering, can you all just focus your anger on those who hate the US (no, not the democratic party - I mean the terrorists) and not point fingers?

Security wise, there were failures everywhere. You can't point the finger at any one person or any group of people. We had an open country with lax airport security and never expected this, and it happened.

Focus your anger and hate on the assholes who keep using their chickenshit methods to kill hundreds / thousands of innocents in the name of Allah. Fuck Allah.

On a separate note....

I lost my grandmother 3 years ago today to natural causes. That makes 9/11 especially somber to me.

#148712 - 11/09/07 08:28 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Osama bin Laden is not worth all of that.
But he's worth our sons and daughters dying every day in Iraq ?

You're comfortable with that?

Every fucking year this topic comes up, and no one remembers all those who fought in World Wars, or Vietnam, or Korea, or who died from cancer, or drunk drivers, or starved to death.

America remembers 9/11 because it was on TV. When it happens again, y'all will forget this one.

I forgot 9/11 six years ago because my country, and my tax dollars let me down because of people you put in office.

Flame away bitches.

#148713 - 11/09/07 08:37 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Every fucking year this topic comes up, and no one remembers all those who fought in World Wars, or Vietnam, or Korea, or who died from cancer, or drunk drivers, or starved to death.

I remember pearl harbor day, d-day, memorial day, veterans day and the 4th of July every year. Not sure what youre talking about

9-11 is the same as those days, we take time to remember those who died and those who sacraficed their lives for others.

#148714 - 11/09/07 08:38 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
NY Madman Offline

This is a good time to repost this video......

"Top of the World"

#148715 - 11/09/07 08:46 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

#148716 - 11/09/07 08:48 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AZMallCrawlr:
9-11 is the same as those days, we take time to remember those who died and those who sacraficed their lives for others.
We would have to take every day of the year off to grieve.

#148717 - 11/09/07 08:51 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

i remember i was sitting in geometry class my junior year of high school. we all went to the library and watched TV until the principle came across the intercom and said they were letting schools out the rest of the day since we're so close to DC.

#148718 - 11/09/07 09:08 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]Osama bin Laden is not worth all of that.
But he's worth our sons and daughters dying every day in Iraq ?
[/b]
Don't want to mar this thread at all. But when the Iraq war started, Iraq had nothing to do with Osama and the attacks of 9/11.

#148719 - 11/09/07 09:34 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Don't want to mar this thread at all. But when the Iraq war started, Iraq had nothing to do with Osama and the attacks of 9/11.
Well, aside from them joining in the celebration of towell heads everywhere....

#148720 - 12/09/07 10:25 PM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

i move airplanes for United and i remember sitting back in our briefing room with my feet up just before the start of our shift. one of the guys on my crew walks in and tells me that an airplane just hit one of the trade center towers. of course i thought he was just screwing around as usual, but then he switches on the t.v. and there it is.. we all saw the second plane hit.. then the pentagon. that was one VERY eerie morning at LAX. in my 13yrs at the airport i have never seen (or heard) it so silent. im used to hearing the constant hum of the APU's burning, take offs, landings.. but nothing that morning except a 747 that had come in from australia. after he parked and they unloaded him, you could literally hear a pin drop. bomb squad, airport police, and DOA were running from terminal to terminal checking everything and anything for anything suspicious. we all gathered in the evacuation area and after a short briefing of what happened, we were told to go home. within a couple of hours the airport was empty.. i couldn't even go to my locker to get my keys. within the next week people who were scheduled to work were actually given the choice, they could either come to work or stay home (on call). a couple of guys that went to work said they just pretty much spent time cleaning work areas, gates, equipment anything to keep busy for eight hours. there was absolutely nothing to do. i remember 9/11 was the start of a little 7 day vacation for me.. was supposed to go to japan.. as you all probably know, among many others, the airline industry was hit pretty damn hard. i was 64 people from getting laid off as a result. i'll never forget that day.

#148721 - 13/09/07 11:35 AM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
Turned out pretty good for me. I was a cage kicker in a county jail making $19K a year. Joined the Army, got a slight pay raise. Went to Iraq, made enough to pay off the X, pay off $10K in credit cards, and buy a nice TV and computer. Went to OCS, got commissioned, back to Iraq for a lot more pay. Not rich, but enough to live comfortably in my own house. Lost a good friend along the way, but such is the nature of our job. No regrets.

#148722 - 13/09/07 01:20 PM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

My wife and I where sleeping and got a phone call from her sister she told us to turn on the T.V. a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I flipped on the T.V. and they where saying a small plane had hit the tower and I remember telling my wife that was no small plane and they have finally come back to finish the job they started back in 1993 with that truck bomb. She said what are you talking about? I had to remind her of the first terrorist attack on the WTC. Just as I finished that sentence we saw the second plane coming in. After the second plane I remember telling her those buildings are going to fall. She said no way I told her remember I worked in steel for 6 years, my Dad is a welder by trade been in steel his whole life. I know steel I grew up around it and worked it, they are going to come down you do not have to melt the metal just soften it with that fire from the jet fuel the metal will fail. Sure enough we all know what happened. VERY SAD DAY! I will also never forget the felling of going out side looking up and not seeing or hearing a plane and the stripping of innocents and security in these great nation.
What really piss me off is we still have not gotten Bin Laden I know it will not stop the movement he has created but he had a lot to do with the planing and execution of sept 11th. I also believe Saddam had to go what he was doing to his own people was terrible, but are goverment using 9/11 as a excuse was stupid I think most Americans would of been fine with the it facing the facts of what Saddam was doing, But I feel Bin Ladin and all his lackies should of been first.
I also believe Sept 11th could of been avoided read or watch the 9/11 commission report we were a sleep at the wheel and to comfortable in are own little bubble.

#148723 - 13/09/07 01:41 PM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

The thing that strikes me most was the way people treated each other that day and the ensuing weeks, we were united and ready to kick ass.

Now we are hardened from a constant state of war and an inability to corner exactly those who are responsible. Finger pointing back and forth hasn't brought closure to anyone.

Someday OBL has a shallow grave with his name on it, but too late, the damage is done and in all reality, until we Unite as a Nation, he has won.

#148724 - 13/09/07 02:18 PM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:

The thing that strikes me most was the way people treated each other that day and the ensuing weeks, we were united and ready to kick ass.
I don't agree....

I hear people saying all the time that the country was "united" after 9-11. I don't have those recollections. My memory is crystal clear of 9-11 and it's aftermath.

Yes, people were sad, they were grieving. Many were shocked as to how it could have happened. Some were angry, but not all.

Many immediately ran out and bought American flags (made in China) to display on their cars and from their car radio antennas. But, I have never once thought that the country was so-called "united" after 9-11.

The only thing that occurred was a very, very short and temporary cessation of political attacks on the then new Republican administration.

Within a week or so media people started writing columns with the theme... how long do we have to wait until we can go back to criticizing the president. Within days there were media propaganda programs proclaiming islam as a "religion of peace".

Within two weeks of 9-11 the radical international leftist group ANSWER had their first anti-war protest. That was before anyone had been attacked. That was before we went into Afghanistan.

Within weeks from 9-11 the multiculturalist assholes were already starting to rewrite history by creating statue projects of fireman of numerous races. Remember the flag raising at ground zero? They wanted to make the statute of fireman from multiple races. The fireman raising the flag at ground zero were white.

Within two weeks all media outlets refused to even show the images from 9-11 anymore. They didn't want the public to hold onto any initial feelings they may have had.

The vitriol from many circles claiming that "America deserved it" because of past foreign policy decisions didn't take that long to creep up to the surface.

I hear people say the world was united with America on that day. That is also a big pile of bullshit. Some countries and some people were, but many countries were happy and they celebrated in the streets.

There are "9-10 people" and there are "9-12 people". The "9-10 people" were never, ever united with the rest of their countryman even after 9-11. They may have shut up for a very brief period of time, but don't confuse that with unity.

#148725 - 13/09/07 02:24 PM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

NYMM you must be speaking as one of the 9-10's.

Attacks of politial ideaology is as given as the sun is hot. Taking offense to it is pointless, especially considering you vote. I hope.

#148726 - 13/09/07 02:33 PM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:

NYMM you must be speaking as one of the 9-10's.

Attacks of politial ideaology is as given as the sun is hot. Taking offense to it is pointless, especially considering you vote. I hope.
WTF? [Freak]

I was speaking to your claim that everyone in the country was united after 9-11. They most certainly were not.

I am not a "9-10 person". I was a "9-12 person" long before 9-11 even occurred.

#148727 - 13/09/07 02:41 PM Re: 9-11, 6 Years After
Anonymous
Unregistered

I remember being in World History class in my Junio year of high school on that day. We had the classroom TV on and were watching the news.

Some time after they let the school out early, as there were rumors that Chicago might get hit as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal