2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142838 - 07/12/07 06:31 PM Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

New Billy Joel song, not sung by him. AWESOME! Love it!
Click Here

#142839 - 07/12/07 07:03 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Are you serious?? That was one of the worst songs I've heard in a while...What are there 3 notes repeated ad nauseum?? And the lyrics?? Why would a soldier call the people he is fighting "the infidel"?? If you're going to try and promote an anti-Iraq war song at least make it a good one like this:

Eddie Vedder and Ben Harper: "No More" from Lolla \'07

#142840 - 07/12/07 07:25 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
I agree....inclusive of the ludicrous lyrics (not just speaking about the political slant of them....but primarily the idiocy of their composition).....that song is horrible. A real, real low point for a Joel song.....And who is that ass bleating out the lyrics?

[Freak]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#142841 - 07/12/07 07:34 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
I agree the song sucked on numerous levels. Musically it sucked ass. Absolutely nothing special about it at all. Original music from unknown bar bands is usually better.

What really made it suck, was how anti-American the song was. It was packed with hate America sound bites.

It also completely disrespects U.S. soldiers.

Maybe all those years of driving drunk and getting into accidents has affected Billy Joel. I guess he really was never the same since Christie Brinkley dumped his ass all those years ago.

Some of the lyrics are sickening...

"We came with the crusaders".... He is calling the U.S. "crusaders". Geez... talk about leftist propaganda.

"Armies of the empire".... He's calling us an empire. I wish we were an empire. That way we wouldn't be paying over $3 a gallon for gas and $3 a gallon for home heating oil.

"Legionnaires of Rome"... He's calling U.S. soldiers legionnaires of Rome.

He calls U.S. soldiers "infidels". [Freak]

Billy Joel is an asshole and should be ashamed of himself.

I think one of the commenters on YouTube summed up exactly what this song was supposed to be all about....

Quote:
nydude25...

"More anti-American songs like this please. We need to help the muslims beat the US in Iraq."
Billy Joel can go to hell.

#142842 - 07/12/07 07:39 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Meh, I liked it. Musically and lyrically.

What I liked best about it was that it implicated all Americans in guilt. "It's Christmas in Fallujah, and no one gives a damn."

Watching the Ken Burns series about WWII made me think about it. What really have we as Americans been asked to sacrifice for the Iraq war? What have you gone without to pay for the cost of the war? Nothing. We continue to shop, buy, drive our gas guzzlers, etc and have not given up one thing to support the war. In WWII, the American people turned everything they had over to the war effort in a push to win. Instead, we've got the President telling us to go out and spend and go to Disney World and go about our lives.

Yeah, it's Christmas in Fallujah and none of US gives a damn.

#142843 - 07/12/07 07:48 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

What I liked best about it was that it implicated all Americans in guilt. "It's Christmas in Fallujah, and no one gives a damn."
It's obvious why you would like it.

The song is nothing but left wing propaganda, lies, and hatred for this country.

The biggest lie is that no one gives a damn. It's long been clear the left wingers don't give a damn. That's not true about everyone else.

It's especially not true about the soldiers that are serving. They give a damn.

This song is nothing but an insult to every person serving over there. You just don't give a damn about that.

#142844 - 07/12/07 07:53 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since you so obviously give a damn, Madman, what have you given up in support of the war?

#142845 - 07/12/07 09:17 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Since you so obviously give a damn, Madman, what have you given up in support of the war?
Giving a damn is not necessarily about what you have given up. That is something people like you will never understand. Giving a damn is not giving up.

People like you have given up not only your country, but your souls. You've traded away every bit of integrity, honesty, or honor you might have ever had at one time. All to betray your own country and your own countryman for nothing but your own perceived short term political gain. You provide nothing but ideological aid and comfort to an enemy who wishes to kill our soldiers. They wish to kill you too.

#142846 - 08/12/07 01:05 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

That song sucked. Would it have killed the guy to just slide in a metaphor or two? Does every lyric have to hit us over the head like Madman's drunk-ass stepdad hitting his mom with an empty bottle of Old Granddad on Christmas?

#142847 - 08/12/07 06:48 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Havent been here in a while but I couldnt pass this one up.

I never thought I would be saying this but WilMac has one good point. No one in this country has suffered one bit as a result of the ongoing war. Consumer spending is strong and everybody has a gas guzzling SUV to haul the kids to soccer games and hit up the malls.

With that being said Madman is correct in true support for the war is not giving up....like the democrats are doing.

As a proud soldier I find it almost treasonous that all of these bleeding heart, yellow belly democrats are calling for troops to come home.

Luckily for the 350 million people in this country the small percentage of us who guard your freedoms will not quit and have no intention of doing such. To do so would be a shame worse than death.

So please spend money this christmas, go to the mall, hug your kids and go see a movie. However, please keep that small thought back there in that deep dark part of your psyche that the freedoms enjoyed everyday are only there because of those of us who have all will continue to serve every single day with not possibility of failure.

God bless america and please say a prayer for a defender of freedom that you possibly will never meet and may never come home to hug the kids or kiss the wife, so of them have been my friends. Thanks for the time.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#142848 - 08/12/07 07:07 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
Havent been here in a while but I couldnt pass this one up.

I never thought I would be saying this but WilMac has one good point. No one in this country has suffered one bit as a result of the ongoing war. Consumer spending is strong and everybody has a gas guzzling SUV to haul the kids to soccer games and hit up the malls.

With that being said Madman is correct in true support for the war is not giving up....like the democrats are doing.

As a proud soldier I find it almost treasonous that all of these bleeding heart, yellow belly democrats are calling for troops to come home.

Luckily for the 350 million people in this country the small percentage of us who guard your freedoms will not quit and have no intention of doing such. To do so would be a shame worse than death.

So please spend money this christmas, go to the mall, hug your kids and go see a movie. However, please keep that small thought back there in that deep dark part of your psyche that the freedoms enjoyed everyday are only there because of those of us who have all will continue to serve every single day with not possibility of failure.

God bless america and please say a prayer for a defender of freedom that you possibly will never meet and may never come home to hug the kids or kiss the wife, so of them have been my friends. Thanks for the time.

Tim
what the heck are you and wilmac talking about? We haven't suffered? We don't have relatives over in that quagmire? Many haven't lost their loved ones to this war? Our dollar isn't worth 40% less than it was 2 years ago? Our housing market isn't in the dumps with millions left in foreclosure? Our liberties and the Constitution haven't been shit on over the last 6 years? Our global reputation isn't now laughable?

Oh, we've suffered, and we'll suffer from this war for many years to come..

The song is pure bullshit propaganda.. and I for one have given many care packages to drop boxes at work and sent directly to my cousin Matt in Afghanistan.. You realize we do still have troops there too...

No offense xterra3202 as I usually agree 100% with you, but I'm not so sure that anybody is "guarding my freedoms" over in Iraq.. I feel for you guys for being there, but I'd rather you all were either in Afghanistan looking for you know who, or home with us.

P.S. 82nd Airborne Division - Desert Shield/Desert Storm vet here......

#142849 - 08/12/07 07:33 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
What have you given up?

#142850 - 08/12/07 08:02 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Quote:
[b]Since you so obviously give a damn, Madman, what have you given up in support of the war?
What have you given up?[/b]
He doesn't support the war, and I would assume (no declarative statements there) that he wouldn't give up anything if given the choice.

#142851 - 08/12/07 09:10 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
I think those lyrics were written by the same guy that write's Nickelback's lyrics. wink

#142852 - 08/12/07 09:49 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:

Freedoms?
Freedom to torture?
Freedom to wiretap?
Freedom to steal an election?
Freedom to start an illegal war?
Freedom to manufacture fake news stories?
or maybe just freedom to shop. Like you said, "...go to the mall".

The way I see it, we have become less and less free as time goes on. Thanks for your help. :rolleyes:

#142853 - 08/12/07 11:31 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
[]Freedoms?
Freedom to torture?
Freedom to wiretap?

The way I see it, we have become less and less free as time goes on. Thanks for your help. :rolleyes:
Yes, those freedoms, as well as these...

The Freedom to piss
The Freedom to moan
The Freedom to pretend to care
The Freedom to gather with other moonbats
The Freedom to be a dumbass

Here are two very touching photos honored at this years International Picture of the Year.

First Place

First Place

Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News

When 2nd Lt. James Cathey's body arrived at the Reno Airport, Marines climbed into the cargo hold of the plane and draped the flag over his casket as passengers watched the family gather on the tarmac.

During the arrival of another Marine's casket last year at Denver International Airport, Major Steve Beck described the scene as so powerful: 'See the people in the windows? They sat right there in the plane, watching those Marines. You gotta wonder what's going through their minds, knowing that they're on the plane that brought him home,' he said 'They will remember being on that plane for the rest of their lives. They're going to remember bringing that Marine home. And they should.'

Second Place

Second Place

Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. 'I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it,' she said. 'I think that's what he would have wanted.'

'No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'

-- Ronald Reagan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blue Fridays.

Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing

blue every Friday. The reason? Americans who support

our troops used to be called the 'silent majority' We

are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for

God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We

are not organized, boisterous or overbearing.

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends,

simply want to recognize that the vast majority of

America supports our troops. Our idea of showing

solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and

respect starts this Friday -- and continues each and

every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a

deafening message that ... every red-blooded American

who supports our men and women afar, will wear

something blue.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United

States on every Friday a sea of blue much like a

homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every

one of us who loves this country will share this with

acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will

not be long before the USA is covered in BLUE and it

will let our troops know the once 'silent' majority is

on their side more than ever, certainly more than the

media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can

we do to make things better for you?' is ...'We need

your support and your prayers.' Let's get the word out

and lead with class and dignity, by example, and wear

something blue every Friday.

BTW, I didn't like the song.

#142854 - 08/12/07 02:02 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't like the song at all. No one gives a damn? I didn't exactly like who we were being compared to. No, only the media and non-supporters of our troops don't give a damn. You can support a person for serving without supporting the war.

So, here's my rant in response to soldiers complaining, and feel free to flame away, because I know who and what I am, proud. Many enlisted to protect America's freedom, long before 9-11 happened and were forced to stay in because units needed to retain people. Just when you thought you could finally leave, nope, they'd find a way to suck you back in again, it's the whole 8 year rule of commitment. If it weren't for the all volunteer force, you'd have nobody to protect the border, your freedom or help during a disaster. I served 13 years and two tours to Iraq. Hmm, let's see what did I and other soldiers give up. Enlisted long before this all ever happened, 1993,96 and 00. I was pregnant before 9-11 so I left my son at 5 and 9 months old for deployment and again when he was almost 3. I got hurt over there, my ex-husband got blown up and came back to recover. We've lost soldiers that we knew or were under our commands. Slept in foxholes, shit in holes or burn latrines, no AC, no heat, no power, NO showers, not enough food or water, dysentary plagued camp, no mail, no phones. Most don't complain the entire time they're there, but some do and people have the gaul to say stop complaining? Here we have plenty of civilians who piss-n-moan about traffic, the weather, gas prices and not getting their way.

I don't exactly approve of the war anymore, but I stand by our forces for their sacrifices. Somewhere, sometime in the future when you're down, a soldier, marine, sailor, airman or guardsman will be standing above you to pick you up off the ground.

#142855 - 08/12/07 02:17 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
So quick to blame the Democrats for the problems with this war. Me, I blame the President, he deserves it. The troops don't have much say in where when or how they are used, but the RPresident sure does have that ability, and thus he should bear the brunt of the responibility for how the Military is used. And since when did Critizing the Presidents desicions about a war become "not supporting the Troops?"
Because Bush says so? :rolleyes:

He has failed to support the troops with funding and equipment needed to do their job, and he's fighting a war against an idea (terrorism) which wasn't even a problem with Iraq until after we entered the country. Al Qaeda had no people in Iraq at the time we entered their borders, mainly because Saddam was even more ruthless towards outsiders in his country who posed a threat to him than he was towards members of his own citizenry who posed a threat to him.

And the current Administration is at Fault for the shortcoming of VA hopsitals not so long ago (not the Democrats).

I find it really interesting how the President has changed his mind about the use of the Military.

Right now, we are in a war against a country which did not threaten our people or territory, which did not have a clear mission, which still lacks any exit stragegy, and we are currently using our Military to rebuil d a Nation after we toppled it's Government.

So let me remind you Bush's opinion on the use ofthe Military, direct from his mouth during the 2000 Presidential Debates, in Boston on October 10th
Quote:
LEHRER: New question.

How would you go about, as president, deciding when it was in the national interest to use U.S. force? Generally.

BUSH: Well, if it's in our vital national interests. And that means whether or not our territory -- our territory is threatened, our people could be harmed, whether or not our alliances -- our defense alliances are threatened, whether or not our friends in the Middle East are threatened. That would be a time to seriously consider the use of force.

Secondly, whether or not the mission was clear, whether or not it was a clear understanding as to what the mission would be.

Thirdly, whether or not we were prepared and trained to win, whether or not our forces were of high morale and high standing and well-equipped.

And finally, whether or not there was an exit strategy.

I would take the use of force very seriously. I would be guarded in my approach. I don't think we can be all things to all people in the world. I think we've got to be very careful when we commit our troops.

The vice president and I have a disagreement about the use of troops. He believes in nation-building. I would be very careful about using our troops as nation builders.

I believe the role of the military is to fight and win war and, therefore, prevent war from happening in the first place.

And so I take my responsibility seriously. And it starts with making sure we rebuild our military power.

Morale in today's military is too low. We're having trouble meeting recruiting goals. We met the goals this year, but in the previous years, we have not met recruiting goals. Some of our troops are not well-equipped. I believe we're overextended in too many places.

And, therefore, I want to rebuild the military power. It starts with a billion dollar pay raise for the men and women who wear the uniform, a billion dollars more than the president recently signed into law, to make sure our troops are well-housed and well-equipped; bonus plans to keep some of our high-skilled folks in the services; and a commander in chief who clearly sets the mission, and the mission is to fight and win war, and, therefore, prevent war from happening in the first place... The other day, I was honored to be flanked by Colin Powell and General Norman Schwarzkopf, who stood by my side and agreed with me. They said we could, even though we're the strongest military, that if we don't do something quickly, we don't have a clearer vision of the military, if we don't stop extending our troops all around the world in nation-building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem coming down the road. And I'm going to prevent that. I'm going to rebuild our military power. It's one of the major priorities of my administration......I want to rebuild our military to keep the peace. I want to have a strong hand when it comes to -- when it comes to the United States and world affairs. I don't want to try to put our troops in all places at all times. I don't want to be the world's policeman. I want to be the world's peacemaker by having a military of high morale and a military that's well-equipped. I want to have antiballistic missile systems to protect ourselves and our allies from a rogue nation that may try to hold us hostage or blackmail a friend.
Granted, that's a pre- 9/11 Bush speaking, but it seems he had it out for Hussein before 9/11:
From the North Carolina Debate, October 11th 2000
Quote:
BUSH: That's hard to tell. I think that, you know, I would hope to be able to convince people I could handle the Iraqi situation better.

MODERATOR: Saddam Hussein, you mean, get him out of there?

BUSH: I would like to, of course, and I presume this administration would as well. We don't know -- there are no inspectors now in Iraq, the coalition that was in place isn't as strong as it used to be. He is a danger. We don't want him fishing in troubled waters in the Middle East. And it's going to be hard, it's going to be important to rebuild that coalition to keep the pressure on him.
Notice how he mentions it's importnat to rebuild the Coalition? He didn't do that at all...

But his view on a Mission and the role of the mIlitary has again changed from then to now (10/11/00):
Quote:
MODERATOR: Sure, absolutely, sure. Somalia.

BUSH: Started off as a humanitarian mission and it changed into a nation-building mission, and that's where the mission went wrong. The mission was changed. And as a result, our nation paid a price.
Hmm, very similar to Iraq.
Quote:
And so I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation-building. I think our troops ought to be used to fight and win war. I think our troops ought to be used to help overthrow the dictator when it's in our best interests. But in this case it was a nation-building exercise, and same with Haiti. I wouldn't have supported either.
and one step further, since Saddam was such a Bad Man to his own people and we needed to Liberate them:
Quote:
MODERATOR: ...600,000 people died in Rwanda in 1994. There was no U.S. intervention, no intervention from the outside world. Was that a mistake not to intervene?

BUSH: I think the administration did the right thing in that case. I do. It was a horrible situation, no one liked to see it on our TV screens, but it's a case where we need to make sure we have an early warning system in place in places where there could be ethnic cleansing and genocide the way we saw it there in Rwanda. And that's a case where we need to use our influence to have countries in Africa come together and help deal with the situation. The administration, seem like we're having a great love for us tonight, but the administration made the right decision on training Nigerian troops for situations just such as this in Rwanda, and so I thought they made the right decision not to send U.S. troops into Rwanda.

MODERATOR: So what would you say, Governor, that somebody would say hey wait a minute, why not Africa, I mean why the Middle East, why the Balkans, but not Africa, when 600,000 people's lives are at risk?

BUSH: Well, I understand, and Africa is important. And we've got to do a lot of work in Africa to promote democracy and trade, and there are some -- Vice President mentioned Nigeria is a fledgling democracy. We have to work with Nigeria. That's an important continent. But there's got to be priorities, and Middle East is a priority for a lot of reasons, as is Europe and the Far East, our own hemisphere. And those are my four top priorities should I be the president, not to say we won't be engaged nor work hard to get other nations to come together to prevent atrocity. I thought the best example of a way to handle the situation was East Timor when we provided logistical support to the Australians, support that only we can provide. I thought that was a good model. But we can't be all things to all people in the world, Jim. And I think that's where maybe the vice president and I begin to have some differences. I'm worried about overcommitting our military around the world. I want to be judicious in its use. You mentioned Haiti. I wouldn't have sent troops to Haiti. I didn't think it was a mission worthwhile. It was a nation building mission, and it was not very successful. It cost us billions, a couple billions of dollars, and I'm not so sure democracy is any better off in Haiti than it was before.
St Louis October 17th, 2000
Quote:
I've been a leader. I've been a person who has to set a clear vision and convince people to follow. I've got a strategy for the Middle East. And first let me say that our nation now needs to speak with one voice during this time, and I applaud the president for working hard to diffuse tensions. Our nation needs to be credible and strong. When we say we're somebody's friend, everybody has got to believe it. Israel is our friend and we'll stand by Israel. We need to reach out to modern Arab nations as well. To build coalitions to keep the peace. I also need -- the next leader needs to be patient. We can't put the Middle East peace process on our timetable. It's got to be on the timetable of the people that we're trying to bring to the peace table. We can't dictate the terms of peace, which means that you have to be steady. You can't worry about polls or focus groups. You've got to have a clear vision. That's what a leader does. A leader also understands that the United States must be strong to keep the peace. Saddam Hussein still is a threat in the Middle East. Our coalition against Saddam is unraveling. Sanctions are loosened. The man who may be developing weapons of mass destruction, we don't know because inspectors aren't in. So to answer your question, it requires a clear vision, a willingness to stand by our friends, and the credibility for people both friend and foe to understand when America says something, we mean it.
If Bush really supported his troops, he would have kept all of that in mind before he deployed them into Iraq. Everything he said a leader needs to do, he has done the exact opposite.
Glad to Have Iraq as my Generations Vietnam - a war that's costing brave men and women their lives and not accomplishing much because the leaders didn't think things through before they committed our troops to war.

#142856 - 08/12/07 02:29 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
xterra3202 Offline

Sam....the point regarding Afghanistan....well I cant say I agree with you but.....

Xterrapin.....your very welcome for the freedom that allows you to sit in front of your computer and freely, openly and without fear of oppression or persecution write whatever you feel. Regardless of what your political leanings are very few of us protect so many.

The support for us (the individual service member) is amazing which is great. I dont have the luxury of debating the right or wrong of where we are fighting because my soldiers lives mean more to me and doing so would take valuable time away from them.

As an officer it is my sacred responsibility to put my soldiers well being and lives ahead of my own safety and comfort and I take that responsibility deadly seriously.

I still stand by the fact that no one in this country is suffering as a result of this war. The foreclosure bullshit is a personal self made problem and the weaker dollar is a natural slump in the economy that will work itself out.

The true burden of this war is on the family members of those of us who serve. I know full well that once i sign into the 10th Mountain Division that I will be deployed in a probably short amount of time. My wife knows what I do but my daughter (who should hopefully arrive any day now) is an innocent victim. Of course she wont remember daddy being gone but that is something that I will always live with....but you know what....to know that she will be able to grow up and live free and happy then its worth it.

Sorry again for the rant but a parting thought....

A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man only one but once is enough.

Thomas Jefferson

#142857 - 08/12/07 02:41 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
I still stand by the fact that no one in this country is suffering as a result of this war.
Sorry, but people in this country are "sufferrintg" even if not physically.

I had a Government job working in the National Marine Fisheries Service, as a commercial fishery and research fishery observer. Thanks to the War in Iraq, on more than one occasion funding for various "non-essential government agencies" (such as NMFS) has been re-allocated to the millitary for the War in Iraq. As a result, all of the research projects I had been working for lost all of their funding, and a number of observers were laid off due lack to funding.

So I lost year round work, and have been working multiple part time jobs since 2005 trying to make ends meet.

I get to see a lot of my former collegues now when I am applying for the few positions that become availible in our field.

#142858 - 08/12/07 04:15 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
I think those lyrics were written by the same guy that write's Nickelback's lyrics. wink
I lol'd a lot at this.

What's taken you guys hours to type is summed up right here.

#142859 - 08/12/07 05:00 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
Quote:
[b]So please spend money this christmas, go to the mall, hug your kids and go see a movie. However, please keep that small thought back there in that deep dark part of your psyche that the freedoms enjoyed everyday are only there because of those of us who have all will continue to serve every single day with not possibility of failure.

Freedoms?
Freedom to torture?
Freedom to wiretap?

The way I see it, we have become less and less free as time goes on. Thanks for your help. :rolleyes: [/b]
Pffft.....ahahaha, you make me laugh. You act like these things have never gone on before during previous administrations.

How is the war illegal? Congress approved it. The UN approved it. They both went based on the same intelligence reports.

Were you complaining when these things were going on during Clinton's Admininstration?

Fake news stories? Like "Wag The Dog" during Clinton's admins.?

I have lost no freedoms. I go about my business everyday. I have helped by donating to this: Morgan\'s Way

S.

#142860 - 08/12/07 09:10 PM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like it when the host of this post, puts something on that he has absolutely no clue about.

No one gives a damn?

What a f__king joke!

My friends, military brothers, family, and relatives gives a damn.

I hate seeing ignorant civilians talking out of their a$$ as if they were actually over there.

IF you care so much to put start a da_mn post, support soldiers and their families by saying thank you, oh wait no one gives a da_mn.. [Finger]

#142861 - 09/12/07 01:01 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:
Quote:
[b]I still stand by the fact that no one in this country is suffering as a result of this war.
Sorry, but people in this country are "sufferrintg" even if not physically.

I had a Government job working in the National Marine Fisheries Service, as a commercial fishery and research fishery observer. Thanks to the War in Iraq, on more than one occasion funding for various "non-essential government agencies" (such as NMFS) has been re-allocated to the millitary for the War in Iraq. As a result, all of the research projects I had been working for lost all of their funding, and a number of observers were laid off due lack to funding.

So I lost year round work, and have been working multiple part time jobs since 2005 trying to make ends meet.

I get to see a lot of my former collegues now when I am applying for the few positions that become availible in our field.[/b]
I know where you can get a job paying about $50K. Requires a 13 week training course in Georgia followed by up to 6 months of specialized training at one of several places around the country. After that, you might be selected to attend another short, super specialized course, or just get right to work. Hours aren't too bad, free membership to the gym, free food, housing, and travel. I mean really, you'll have that year round work you seek so much.

#142862 - 09/12/07 06:09 AM Re: Christmas In Fallujah
xterra3202 Offline

Hooah!!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal