2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161030 - 06/06/08 07:11 AM Egotistical Jackass of the Year Nominee
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
You can't make this stuff up. Of course, in Metro Atlanta, you don't have to!

Clayton County is just south of Atlanta and their entire school system is in turmoil because the incompetent bunch of boobs they called a school board fouled things up so badly that if they don't get everything square by Sept. 1, they're actually going to lose their accreditation. That means, for example, that graduates from high schools there would not be eligible to enter college. eek

So they hired a new school system administrator on April 28 this year. Eyebrows had already been raised when his contract details were revealed: a $286,000 salary for 14 months work, with a full 45% of the workdays designated as vacation, holidays, or personal time off. Oh, plus he gets a $2000 monthly housing allowance, a car, and a $28,000 tax-free annuity. And he can also hold other employment during the contract. And it's all guaranteed whether or not he solves the accreditation mess. [Freak]

A few days ago, the high schools held commencement and the graduates were puzzled and hurt when they returned to their seats after receiving their diplomas only to open the holders and find...blank sheets of paper. See, Mr. New Superintendent had noticed that his name was not on the diplomas, his predecessor's was.

So he had all the diplomas shredded.

My understanding is that it's not a legal issue, the diplomas were good with the old supe's name, and reprinting them was going to cost $80,000. Fortunately, the printer stepped up and saved the taxpayers the money by doing it free. Can you believe this asshat? He should have been forced to pay every dime of that money. mad

#161031 - 06/06/08 07:25 AM Re: Egotistical Jackass of the Year Nominee
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some people need killin'.

#161032 - 06/06/08 09:21 AM Re: Egotistical Jackass of the Year Nominee
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 20001frontier:
Some people need killin'.
DING DING DING!!!

Nippleheaded asstard.

#161033 - 06/06/08 09:26 AM Re: Egotistical Jackass of the Year Nominee
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Are the people upset? Did this make the local news?

My position is, schools don't need another friggin' nickel. they waste the money we give them, without exception. My local school board just re-appropriated over $2M that the diversity committee couldn't figure out how to spend. They used it to buy a new piano, lunch banquets for teachers' committee meetings, and the pies' de resistance... PILLOWS so the students could "rest" during their "No child left behind" testing day.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#161034 - 06/06/08 07:39 PM Re: Egotistical Jackass of the Year Nominee
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
Are the people upset? Did this make the local news?

My position is, schools don't need another friggin' nickel. they waste the money we give them, without exception. My local school board just re-appropriated over $2M that the diversity committee couldn't figure out how to spend. They used it to buy a new piano, lunch banquets for teachers' committee meetings, and the pies' de resistance... PILLOWS so the students could "rest" during their "No child left behind" testing day.
Yes, it was covered by all the local news outlets:

===
School chief makes a name shredding Clayton diplomas

By MEGAN MATTEUCCI
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 05/30/08

About 1,000 Clayton County high school students walked across the stage Friday, shook their new superintendent's hand and accepted what they thought was a diploma.

They got back to their seats and opened the diploma case to find a blank piece of paper. An additional 2,000 Clayton graduates will receive similar empty folders today.
===
Full Story

And yes, it does seem like many systems are always poor-mouthing but can find funds for new football uniforms or artificial turf. In fact, one Metro Atlanta county is spending $1.5 million to lay artificial turf on four high school fields, saying that "the drought has made them unsafe." Look at old film of the fields the *NFL* used to play on. Dirt and a few strands of dead brown grass. Don't try and tell us that high school kids are unsafe playing on a brown field. :rolleyes:

#161035 - 09/06/08 03:59 AM Re: Egotistical Jackass of the Year Nominee
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh crap. I thought this thread was so we could actually nominate someone we know.
I KNOW I'd have the winner....this guy's unbelieveable!

#161036 - 09/06/08 06:51 AM Re: Egotistical Jackass of the Year Nominee
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraXtian:
Oh crap. I thought this thread was so we could actually nominate someone we know.
I KNOW I'd have the winner....this guy's unbelieveable!
No reason not to give the idiot superintendent some competition. Fire away!

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal