Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164126 - 23/06/08 06:15 AM Movie 'The Happening'
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
I felt compelled after being robbed of $20 to watch this horrible movie to warn anyone and everyone who is thinking of seeing it. It is easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Just...plain...awful.

#164127 - 23/06/08 06:23 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
I didnt pay to see it so I dont really feel as ripped off as you, but I didnt think it was all that horrible. It wasnt really as suspenseful as I think he was going for but there was some buildup. I liked how it wasnt a gorefest and he used the whole just out of frame thing for a change. Oh and I am convinced that the poor acting was indeed on purpose. At first I was like, wow Marky Mark is really bad... but then I realized that just about every character was using the same technique. I googled it and I guess he was trying to echo Hitchcock somehow, idk?
SWXC Member #74

#164128 - 23/06/08 06:53 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
The poor reviews kept me away from watching what looked like a suckfest?

#164129 - 23/06/08 07:00 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
GrayHam Offline

M. Night stinks:

The Sixth Sense -- A hit. I'll give him that. I liked it.
Unbreakable -- Garbage.
Signs -- Absolute garbage.
The Village -- bwahaha! Was anyone unaware of "the secrets" after the first ten minutes? Awful.
Lady in the Water -- couldn't finish watching it. God-awful.
The Happening -- gonna watch "Iron Man" for the third time instead. [ThumbsUp]

#164130 - 23/06/08 08:33 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
M. Night stinks:

The Sixth Sense -- A hit. I'll give him that. I liked it.
Unbreakable -- Garbage.
Signs -- Absolute garbage.
The Village -- bwahaha! Was anyone unaware of "the secrets" after the first ten minutes? Awful.
Lady in the Water -- couldn't finish watching it. God-awful.
The Happening -- gonna watch "Iron Man" for the third time instead. [ThumbsUp]
Concur. Talk about a downward spiral into the craptastic.

#164131 - 23/06/08 09:15 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
You know what my favorite thing about the Sixth Sense was?

I watched the beginning where he fights with the guy.

Fell asleep.

Woke up briefly during the "I see dead people." part.

Fell back asleep.

Woke back up right before Willis realized he was dead.

Nothing like watching a movie for a total of a half an hour, get a free nap out of it, and still know what it's all about. laugh

Thanks 'Night.

#164132 - 23/06/08 10:03 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:

Woke back up right before Willis realized he was dead.
mad WHAT?! You fucker!

laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#164133 - 23/06/08 12:07 PM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsDown] the only thing that I got out of the happening was the acceleration of that jeep was awesome. (had to be pc generated)

#164134 - 23/06/08 12:45 PM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Swedman1:
[ThumbsDown] the only thing that I got out of the happening was the acceleration of that jeep was awesome. (had to be pc generated)
Yeah, I forgot about that. [LOL]

Now get this...there were 2 different idiot couples with children around 2 years old in the theater watching this movie. What the hell is wrong with people?

#164135 - 23/06/08 03:27 PM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
Anonymous
Unregistered

BlueSky.....we went to see THE STRANGERS a couple weekends ago
and this couple had a 2 year old and a baby with them. The 2 year
old looked nothing less than distraught as she walked out. That was
a disturbing movie!

#164136 - 23/06/08 03:30 PM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraXtian:
BlueSky.....we went to see THE STRANGERS a couple weekends ago
and this couple had a 2 year old and a baby with them. The 2 year
old looked nothing less than distraught as she walked out. That was
a disturbing movie!
Why the hell would anyone take a 2 year to go see a horror film? [Freak]

#164137 - 23/06/08 03:40 PM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
Anonymous
Unregistered

I, for one, refuse to see this movie. When Hollywood decides to stop making these terrible re-makes that don't capture the essence of the original show, I'll start showing up. I mean, this movie doesn't even have a "Shirley" character, and casting Marky Mark as "Raj" and Suzy De Douchenozzle as "Penny" and Puerto Rican Attention Deficit Guy as "Dwayne" is an insult to the struggle that talented black actors have had to face in this country. It's racist, I tell you! Racist!

#164138 - 23/06/08 04:16 PM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Why the hell would anyone take a 2 year to go see a horror film? [Freak]
When I saw Blair Witch, there was a couple with a baby that couldn't have been even 6 months old.

Granted, that 6 month old isn't going to be affected by anything they see on screen...but with people in the audience screaming...it doesn't make for a good movie experience. (The fact that Blair Witch sucked balls nothwithstanding)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#164139 - 24/06/08 05:12 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
BlueSky Offline

It would be dicey to prove in court but IMO you could argue that taking a child old enough to perceive what's going on in the movie to gory films is child abuse.

Take The Happening. This is from memory so forgive me if I miss something disturbing. We had:

- a woman plunging a huge knitting needle into her own neck
- a series of people shooting themselves in the head, complete with arterial blood squirts from the wounds
- construction workers plunging to their deaths, with broken limbs and plenty of blood to go with the horrific sound of their bodies hitting pavement and obstacles
- a high speed vehicle impact with occupant ejection
- a man encouraging a lion to attack him, resulting in the lion ripping his arm off
- a man committing suicide by laying down in front of and being run over by a large industrial-type lawn mower
- teenagers killed by graphic gunfire, one by a shotgun blast to the torso and the other by a rifle shot to the head
- a woman killing herself by repeatedly smashing her face into windows, complete with jagged glass sticking out of her eyes and face

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

So...having a young child at such a film...abuse?

#164140 - 24/06/08 06:08 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
- a series of people shooting themselves in the head, complete with arterial blood squirts from the wounds
- construction workers plunging to their deaths, with broken limbs and plenty of blood to go with the horrific sound of their bodies hitting pavement and obstacles
- a man encouraging a lion to attack him, resulting in the lion ripping his arm off
- a man committing suicide by laying down in front of and being run over by a large industrial-type lawn mower
- teenagers killed by graphic gunfire, one by a shotgun blast to the torso and the other by a rifle shot to the head
- a woman killing herself by repeatedly smashing her face into windows, complete with jagged glass sticking out of her eyes and face
I take back what I said about M. Night Shenanigans . . .

That sounds freakin' awesome!!

If Rob Zombie made a movie wth that stuff in it, he'd be lauded.

#164141 - 24/06/08 08:06 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
It would be dicey to prove in court but IMO you could argue that taking a child old enough to perceive what's going on in the movie to gory films is child abuse.

Take The Happening. This is from memory so forgive me if I miss something disturbing. We had:

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

So...having a young child at such a film...abuse?
I think it's certainly negligent and horrible parenting to take kids to such a movie.

#164142 - 24/06/08 08:29 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

I'm surprised you didn't follow them out to their car, copy their license plate number to your Gestapo notepad, and report them to Child Protective Services.

That seems to be your modus operandi.

#164143 - 24/06/08 08:31 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]It would be dicey to prove in court but IMO you could argue that taking a child old enough to perceive what's going on in the movie to gory films is child abuse.
I'm surprised you didn't follow them out to their car, copy their license plate number to your Gestapo notepad, and report them to Child Protective Services.

That seems to be your modus operandi.[/b]
If it was actually against the law, I would have.

And if being obnoxious was illegal, I'd be turning you in too. [LOL]

But how about answering the question? You ok with a 3-year-old watching that kind of violence?

#164144 - 24/06/08 09:02 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

But how about answering the question? You ok with a 3-year-old watching that kind of violence?
I personally would not let a young child see a movie like that, but if other people bring their kids to movies like that.... as long as they don't cry and make noise during the film.... it's really none of my business regardless of my opinion on the matter.

#164145 - 24/06/08 10:10 AM Re: Movie 'The Happening'
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]But how about answering the question? You ok with a 3-year-old watching that kind of violence?
I personally would not let a young child see a movie like that, but if other people bring their kids to movies like that.... as long as they don't cry and make noise during the film.... it's really none of my business regardless of my opinion on the matter.[/b]
I have to agree. There's no way to legislate it without having endless debate over where to draw the line.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal