Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170589 - 30/06/08 01:25 PM Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
AP News Story Link

What a freaking idiot. Darwin Award?

#170590 - 30/06/08 01:44 PM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Something similar happened here many years ago on the "Top Gun" ride at Paramonts Great America in Santa Clara, CA.

A guy (who didn't speak english - only spanish) lost his hat on the ride and hopped over a fence to retrieve it. Some lady's leg struck his head and it killed him and severely broke the lady's leg in the process. I didn't really feel sorry for the dolt who died, but I felt VERY sorry for the poor lady who broke her leg and had to suffer until the end of the ride to get medical attention - not to mention the mental trauma of "kicking someone to death".

I think the family of the dead guy tried to sue the park later for not having signs in spanish. [Finger]

#170591 - 30/06/08 01:55 PM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Something similar happened here many years ago on the "Top Gun" ride at Paramonts Great America in Santa Clara, CA.

A guy (who didn't speak english - only spanish) lost his hat on the ride and hopped over a fence to retrieve it. Some lady's leg struck his head and it killed him and severely broke the lady's leg in the process. I didn't really feel sorry for the dolt who died, but I felt VERY sorry for the poor lady who broke her leg and had to suffer until the end of the ride to get medical attention - not to mention the mental trauma of "kicking someone to death".

I think the family of the dead guy tried to sue the park later for not having signs in spanish. [Finger]
That seems to be a continuing danger with this type of ride because the very same coaster that killed the teenager the other day killed a park maintenance person in 2002 in the same manner as you described (rider's leg hit him in the head).

Story

#170592 - 30/06/08 01:57 PM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
The kid jumped two 6 ft fences to get a hat. [Freak]

#170593 - 30/06/08 02:00 PM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
The kid jumped two 6 ft fences to get a hat. [Freak]
Damn.

Musta been some freakin' hat.

#170594 - 30/06/08 02:12 PM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Oh Darwin!!
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#170595 - 30/06/08 05:01 PM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I think that's the same coaster they have at 6 Flags in Arlington (Tx)... cool ride but made me feel kinda sick... and I didn't even kick anybody's head off

#170596 - 30/06/08 05:09 PM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't get why he didn't get out of the way... I mean you can hear a roller coaster coming from a mile away with all the screaming and the noise the coaster makes going down the track... But then again, he was stupid enough to jump two fences to get into the area for a freaking hat!

#170597 - 30/06/08 09:01 PM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

The news last night made it out to be such a tragedy.

Nothing tragic about it. If the kid was dumb enough to jump 2 fences into a restricted area, he pretty much got what he deserved.

I'm now waiting for the outcry about how the park didn't take necessary precautions.

Personal responsibility and common sense are truly out the window these days. No wonder so many people want to vote for Obama. [Too much XOC]

#170598 - 30/06/08 10:24 PM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Six Flags! More flags! More fun!!!........less heads

#170599 - 01/07/08 12:11 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by hattrik21:
Oh Darwin!!
I say take off all the warning labels and let the problem solve itself

#170600 - 01/07/08 05:10 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
The news last night made it out to be such a tragedy.

Nothing tragic about it. If the kid was dumb enough to jump 2 fences into a restricted area, he pretty much got what he deserved.

I'm now waiting for the outcry about how the park didn't take necessary precautions.

Personal responsibility and common sense are truly out the window these days. No wonder so many people want to vote for Obama. [Too much XOC]
You don't have kids, do you? See, whether he did something stupid or not, it is a tragedy, at least for his parents and for his family. I have no idea whether they're good parents or not, and neither does anyone else because sometimes despite your very best efforts, kids do things that are astoundingly dumb. For that matter, as I posted previously, one of the park's own maintenance people - presumably more trained and aware than this kid - got himself killed in the same spot.

The parents have already said they don't hold the park responsible.

You guys should read up on empathy. No, not sympathy, empathy's different, and a lot of people here could use some.

#170601 - 01/07/08 05:50 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:

The parents have already said they don't hold the park responsible.

You guys should read up on empathy. No, not sympathy, empathy's different, and a lot of people here could use some.
The park is not responsible for this kid's death. Even though the parents may have said they don't hold the park responsible, after an army of ambulance chasers finishes courting them, they will file a lawsuit.

Empathy? No. Why should anyone feel empathy in this case? The proper emotion is sympathy. Sympathy for the parents who have lost a kid.

It's also possible this kid's stupidity may have been helped along by other activities....

Link...

Quote:
After spending Saturday morning at the park, Asia Leeshawn Ferguson, 17, and David Jenkins, 19, his cousin, took a break in the parking lot.

Instead of re-entering the park through the main gate, they scaled two fences and an iron perimeter fence and a chain link one that surrounds the roller coaster to get to their next amusement destination: Batman The Ride.

The result was tragic.

Ferguson was decapitated, said Michael Cosper, operations manager for the Cobb County Medical Examiner. His death was ruled accidental, Cosper said on Monday. Toxicological exams were sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and would not be available for several weeks.
Why would the kid and his cousin take a break in the parking lot? The answer most likely lies in the toxicology results.

#170602 - 01/07/08 06:24 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
yes, darwin wins again.

#170603 - 01/07/08 08:24 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]The parents have already said they don't hold the park responsible.

The park is not responsible for this kid's death. Even though the parents may have said they don't hold the park responsible, after an army of ambulance chasers finishes courting them, they will file a lawsuit.

Empathy? No. Why should anyone feel empathy in this case? The proper emotion is sympathy. Sympathy for the parents who have lost a kid.

It's also possible this kid's stupidity may have been helped along by other activities....

Link...

Quote:
After spending Saturday morning at the park, Asia Leeshawn Ferguson, 17, and David Jenkins, 19, his cousin, took a break in the parking lot.

Instead of re-entering the park through the main gate, they scaled two fences and an iron perimeter fence and a chain link one that surrounds the roller coaster to get to their next amusement destination: Batman The Ride.

The result was tragic.

Ferguson was decapitated, said Michael Cosper, operations manager for the Cobb County Medical Examiner. His death was ruled accidental, Cosper said on Monday. Toxicological exams were sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and would not be available for several weeks.
Why would the kid and his cousin take a break in the parking lot? The answer most likely lies in the toxicology results.[/b]
Only you could pontificate on what the "proper" emotion is and then toss out uninformed speculation about the kid being a dopehead. :rolleyes:

It's been widely reported locally, but apparently not on whatever cynical speculation sites you're trolling, that the entire group was in the parking lot because they ate lunch on their buses. From the Atlanta paper :

"The boy was with a group from Oakley Spring Baptist Church in Salley, S.C. He had been in Six Flags earlier in the day, but the church group went to the park's east parking lot to get some lunch, according to Cobb County police spokesman Sgt. Dana Pierce. Rather than returning to the park through the regular entrance, two boys took a shortcut."

And you have absolutely no clue whether his family will sue. I used to work disaster response for a major airline and while most people sue - it's part of the process when your airline's plane crashes - many do not. They may receive a settlement but do not file suit.

Now let's talk about emotions. Empathy, the ability to imagine what another person is feeling based on their circumstances, is obviously required before one can feel sympathy. Argue semantics if you like, but compassion is the bottom line and there's sometimes not much to be found on this forum.

BTW, and this isn't necessarily directed at you, empathy is what's missing from a psychopath's toolbox. Food for thought. laugh

#170604 - 01/07/08 08:38 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Whoa Bluesky - don't lose your head over this!

*rimshot*

laugh

#170605 - 01/07/08 09:15 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Only you could pontificate on what the "proper" emotion is and then toss out uninformed speculation about the kid being a dopehead. :rolleyes:

It's been widely reported locally, but apparently not on whatever cynical speculation sites you're trolling, that the entire group was in the parking lot because they ate lunch on their buses.
Only you could get all emotional over the fatal actions of a complete idiot. There is no reason anyone should feel much of anything towards this kid. There were enough signs and fences to let this kid know he was risking his life. He chose to ignore all.

But thanks for your usual "Vagina Monologues" type analysis of the situation.

I feel bad for the kids's parents. Not the kid.

There is also conflicting stories about the lunch thing in the parking lot. It sounds more like an "evolving" story. Even in the link you posted, it said at the time of the accident the kid's parents were in the park.

Quote:
And you have absolutely no clue whether his family will sue............

They may receive a settlement but do not file suit.
I would say the likelihood of the family not suing is extremely low. Sure, it's possible they may not, but not very likely.

What makes you think the family would receive a settlement? Settlements are made in response to litigation.

#170606 - 01/07/08 09:28 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Only you could pontificate on what the "proper" emotion is and then toss out uninformed speculation about the kid being a dopehead. :rolleyes:

It's been widely reported locally, but apparently not on whatever cynical speculation sites you're trolling, that the entire group was in the parking lot because they ate lunch on their buses.
Only you could get all emotional over the fatal actions of a complete idiot. There is no reason anyone should feel much of anything towards this kid. There were enough signs and fences to let this kid know he was risking his life. He chose to ignore all.

There is also conflicting stories about the lunch thing in the parking lot. It sounds more like an "evolving" story. Even in the link you posted, it said at the time of the accident the kid's parents were in the park.

Quote:

I would say the likelihood of the family not suing is extremely low. Sure, it's possible they may not, but not very likely.

What makes you think the family would receive a settlement? Settlements are made in response to litigation.[/b]
If they will sue, it'll get dismissed. Plain and Simple. Maybe the church is liable for the kid's safety?

#170607 - 01/07/08 09:29 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Only you could pontificate on what the "proper" emotion is and then toss out uninformed speculation about the kid being a dopehead. :rolleyes:

Quote:

What makes you think the family would receive a settlement? Settlements are made in response to litigation.[/b]
Showing your ignorance and inattention to detail yet again I see. I never said the kid deserved anything, I said it was a tragedy for his parents. And you think settlements are only in response to litigation? Six Flags' insurance company will surely offer a settlement proactively. That's because fault aside, what any company wants most is for the thing to go away quietly without having their brand linked to a dead customer in the media over and over again. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

It's amusing when you get torqued up. All you do with your attacks and name-calling is prove again and again why you're not taken seriously by most people on this board. The funniest thing is that you actually seem to think that any rational adult gives a s**t what you think of them. That's rich.

#170608 - 01/07/08 09:45 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

In case someone wants some popcorn, I have plenty.

#170609 - 01/07/08 09:55 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bpc:
In case someone wants some popcorn, I have plenty.
BPC, what's up with that picture, you have 13 year old girls that your abducting? [Spit] your such a pervert laugh

#170610 - 01/07/08 09:58 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Showing your ignorance and inattention to detail yet again I see. I never said the kid deserved anything, I said it was a tragedy for his parents. And you think settlements are only in response to litigation? Six Flags' insurance company will surely offer a settlement proactively. That's because fault aside, what any company wants most is for the thing to go away quietly without having their brand linked to a dead customer in the media over and over again. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

It's amusing when you get torqued up. All you do with your attacks and name-calling is prove again and again why you're not taken seriously by most people on this board. The funniest thing is that you actually seem to think that any rational adult gives a s**t what you think of them. That's rich.
You're the only one in this thread who is getting bent out of shape. You're the one who started chastising everyone for not feeling whatever emotions you were feeling regarding the case.

Yes, settlements are in response to litigation. Insurance payments are quite another matter. When people go to an amusement park, they go at their own risk. Unless the park or their equipment is at fault, the park is not going to offer a settlement of any kind. If they did that, it would be an admission of liability on their part.

The family is already setting the stage for a lawsuit. In the link below, the video segment says the family has already hired an investigator of their own.....

Link....

The article also gives a conflicting eyewitness report in that it says someone claims the kids ran past them while they were waiting on line for the ride, then jumped the fence. A somewhat different story than other articles on this case.

So, no one really knows the true story or exact details of what happened.

But, go right ahead and get all emotional. You getting emotional about the case is so far one of the few concrete facts. That and the fact a stupid kid is dead.

#170611 - 01/07/08 10:02 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Showing your ignorance and inattention to detail yet again I see. I never said the kid deserved anything, I said it was a tragedy for his parents. And you think settlements are only in response to litigation? Six Flags' insurance company will surely offer a settlement proactively. That's because fault aside, what any company wants most is for the thing to go away quietly without having their brand linked to a dead customer in the media over and over again. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

You're the only one in this thread who is getting bent out of shape. You're the one who started chastising everyone for not feeling whatever emotions you were feeling regarding the case.

Yes, settlements are in response to litigation. Insurance payments are quite another matter. When people go to an amusement park, they go at their own risk. Unless the park or their equipment is at fault, the park is not going to offer a settlement of any kind. If they did that, it would be an admission of liability on their part.

The family is already setting the stage for a lawsuit. In the link below, the video segment says the family has already hired an investigator of their own.....

Link....

The article also gives a conflicting eyewitness report in that it says someone claims the kids ran past them while they were waiting on line for the ride, then jumped the fence. A somewhat different story than other articles on this case.

So, no one really knows the true story or exact details of what happened.

But, go right ahead and get all emotional. You getting emotional about the case is so far one of the few concrete facts. That and the fact a stupid kid is dead.[/b]
Madman I got news. It's you. Everytime someone states something, you get on your jerk-mobile and start antagonizing everyone. You have this I'm right everyone else is wrong complex, and if they don't agree with you, then they are complete idiots, who can be mocked.
Your not the freakin encyclopedia, don't act like one

#170612 - 01/07/08 10:08 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
GrayHam Offline

That's it.

I'm trading my wfe's Xterra in on a Jerk-mobile.

Freakin' sweet.

#170613 - 01/07/08 10:09 AM Re: Teen Decapitated by Six Flags Roller-coaster
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:

Madman I got news. It's you. Everytime someone states something, you get on your jerk-mobile and start antagonizing everyone. You have this I'm right everyone else is wrong complex, and if they don't agree with you, then they are complete idiots, who can be mocked.
Your not the freakin encyclopedia, don't act like one
No, it's not me. Reread the thread again. I'm not the one who started getting bent out of shape and throwing insults.

Brush up on your reading comprehension. I'm not always at fault just because you are on the polar opposite political spectrum from me Yasha.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal