Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170807 - 25/01/07 06:41 PM Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
WTF!?!?!?

LINK

Why are they trying to make toobing all family oriented? First they banned beer bongs and jell-o shots, now they are trying to get rid of people having a tube for a cooler and carrying anything more than a 6pack.

It will be a sad day for toobing if this passes...
SWXC Member #74

#170808 - 25/01/07 06:49 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah...I don't give a shit.

#170809 - 25/01/07 07:02 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Anonymous
Unregistered

First, they came for the toobers, but I didn't say nothin', 'cause I ain't no toober...

Then, they came for the mud-boggers, but I didn't say nothin', 'cause I ain't no mud-bogger...

Then, they came for the cow-tippers, but I didn't say nothin'...

#170810 - 25/01/07 07:29 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
koalakilla Offline

Ha if only yall knew. Toobing is something I look forward to every year once the weather starts to warm up. Taking the beer away from the river is kindof insane, its a pretty big part of the whole toobing ordeal.
SWXC Member #74

#170811 - 25/01/07 08:49 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mmmmm.... jello shots.

#170812 - 25/01/07 08:54 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Anonymous
Unregistered

we do a trip every year some times its pretty wild but lots of fun.

#170813 - 26/01/07 08:00 AM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Adapt and overcome. If they only allow a cooler that fits a 6 pack, you still have options... Obviously, switching to hard liquor will give you much more drunkening power.

If you're an entrepreneur, they're creating a market for a cooler which while the same size as a 6-pack cooler forgos the cans, giving you the ability to keep 16+ beers, which should be plenty for a day on the river, especially if you make sure not to eat anything, and take into effect the dehydration from being in the water all day drinking beer.

If you want to sacrifice for cooling, sealed ice packs could be used, or maybe a solar powered peltier cooler of some sort. If you could harness the surface area of your tube, you could certainly generate enough power to maintain a pleasant temperature.

If you're really hardcore, combine the two. You have the ability to store 6 quarts of grain alcohol. This has the equivalent drunkening power of nearly two kegs of Bud Light.

The real shame is making kids wear life jackets.

#170814 - 26/01/07 08:06 AM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
They try every year and luckily not much ever comes of it. The home owners along the routes have a lot of pull but so do the owners of the businesses that would really get hurt, not to mention the "trickle down" business to local restaurants, clubs and campgrounds.

We will continue to hope for status quo!

#170815 - 26/01/07 08:56 AM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't forget the Camelback.

Ideal for holding 2 liters of slushy margaritas for any floatilla.

#170816 - 26/01/07 09:01 AM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby B.:
Don't forget the Camelback.

Ideal for holding 2 liters of slushy margaritas for any floatilla.
i fill mine with a liter of vodka and two liters of gatorade (i have a 3-liter) for when I go snowboarding. Works wonders!

#170817 - 26/01/07 12:06 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Being a resident of New Braunfels for a long time I've seen the kind of business the summer tubers bring in. It's huge. So big in fact I avoid an entire part of NB during tourist season it's so packed with stupid people.

I think NB needs to be smarter on this. NB needs to triple fine idiots. Make them pay out the ass for violating the rules but don't take it completely away. I can certainly understand about the litter problem. People are assholes sometimes.

Oh well. It's not like this hasn't been happening around NB for the last 5 years. Beer, smoking, fun, freedom, what's next.

#170818 - 26/01/07 12:46 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Although I've never seen this area of the country, being an avid kayaker I've come across more than my fair share of toober runs.

They're loud, obnoxious and prolific litterers - often leaving broken glass in their wake, which is tantamount to dumping a bucket of rusty razor blades on the ground.

That being said, I have no problem with allowing them to drink on the rivers - there's a time and place for everything. I just wish they could find a way to control the littering.

Like the previous poster stated, tripling or quadrupling the fines instead would be quite an effective deterrent, espeically if it's enforced HARD and treated as a revenue source for the local municipalities like it could be.

#170819 - 26/01/07 07:56 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
If you're not vomiting during the last 1/4 of your toob ride you didn't do it right wink

#170820 - 26/01/07 09:09 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
If you're not vomiting during the last 1/4 of your toob ride you didn't do it right wink
[Spit] [Spit] [Spit] Could not have said it better

#170821 - 26/01/07 10:32 PM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
koalakilla Offline

One good rule that has been in place for quite a while to cut back on trash is no glass containers and no styrafoam. I dont know what the fines are because Im not dumb enough to get in trouble on the river, but they enforce the rules like mad. There is this one spot in particular where there are never less than 5 cop cars and all of the officers are everywhere in the water checking everybody. My only problem is the fact that I look young so I always get pulled aside. I shouldnt have to worry about toobing with my ID because thats just another thing to lose but I always carry it expecting to be stopped. Then they give me the whole, this is a fake id, come clean how old are you, ya right youre lying to my face run around. It gets pretty old frown
SWXC Member #74

#170822 - 27/01/07 08:20 AM Re: Im guessing only Texans will care about this but...
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
It seems like there is a lot more enforcement on the Comal than the Guadalupe - which is fine since the comal sucks anyway.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal