Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170526 - 13/03/07 04:45 PM Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Came across this one this afternoon. This is classic....id tell the dumb lady to cough up the payment or have the car repossesed!!!
Tim

Bipolar Michigan Women Sues Dealer for Taking Advantage of Mental Illness to Sell Her Car

Thomas Jefferson

#170527 - 13/03/07 04:56 PM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh great. I can see where this is leading. From now on we'll have to get medical history checks in addition to credit checks when buying a new car.

Luckily I'm all set for a while.

#170528 - 13/03/07 05:27 PM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I have buyers remorse. Maybe i should sue.

#170529 - 13/03/07 06:14 PM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

They delivered the car and left the keys in the mailbox? [Huh?]

#170530 - 13/03/07 06:34 PM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
What I'm wondering here is if someone has such bad problems with "impulsivity and decision-making" should they be allowed to even drive? I could be wrong, but I think those are two key traits that need to be under control in order to handle a 4,000 lb automobile!

#170531 - 13/03/07 09:59 PM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Actually, it sounds like she went in for an oil change, and they talked her into bying anew car...she came home and told her hubby, and he called the dealer ship about cancelling the sale...because he's married to a crazy woman....and, obviously, it had not been delivered yet...

So the dealer says he'll cancel the order IF THE HUBBY SHOWS HIM A DR'S NOTE...

Hubby says he sent one...but....the dealer delivered the car TO THE HOUSE, AND, LEFT THE KEY'S inthe MAILBOX.

So - One crazy lady buyer, and one crazy dealer.

Obviously, the dealer delivered the car KNOWING they didn't want it...and pulled the chicken shit keys in the mail box routine to avoid confrontation.

[Freak]

Most states have statutes that require ~ 3 days for a sale contract to be valid....so, a lot depends on how much time passed from telling the dealer she's buy the car, and signing a contract....and telling the hubby "Oh, btw - I bought a CX9 ....", and THEN how long before HE called the dealer to cancel the deal....if less than ~ 3 days...the Dr's note would not have been required for example....etc.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#170532 - 14/03/07 08:11 AM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Did some reasearch and the dealer is not required to give a "cooling off period" from what I could find. Maybe some states have it for used cars but couldnt find anything for a new car????

Like what was said above...should someone like that even be allowed to drive????

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#170533 - 15/03/07 05:03 AM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Although not a cooling off period but Tennessee has a 'buyers remorse' rule. Not sure of the time frame but you are allowed to return and get your trade in back.

Somethings fishy about that story.

#170534 - 16/03/07 12:58 AM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmm, here its not a done deal until YOU drive the car off the lot.

#170535 - 18/03/07 11:47 AM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Car dealerships get what they deserve. According to customer satisfaction surveys show that customers hate the dealerships the most (phone companies were the second on the list). Sure, there are a couple of honest dealers trying to make a living. In most urban areas, however, the dealerships are filled with second-rate human beings trying to scam you out of your money.

If the car was delivered after the note that stated that the woman had a condition, I'd sue the dealership for all it is worth.

#170536 - 18/03/07 12:33 PM Re: Bipolar Women Sues After She Buys A New Car!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

What that woman probably suffer from is a compulsive buying disorder, thus affecting "decision making skills" and whatnot. It does not mean that her decision making skills are affected when driving.

I've actually dealt with a woman like that for a while at a different store near where I used to work. I work for a cell company, and that lady used to come in all the time and compulsively buy stuff. A lot of stuff. At one point of time she had 12 (yes, 12) lines to her name. She was the sole user. She just could not resisty buying.

After some time people there caught on to her and stopped selling to her whatsoever. Long story short, but she brought a doctor's note describing the situation and she was let out of all contracts without any cancellation fees or any other chaarges.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal