Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133992 - 29/04/08 07:44 AM Hello?
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
13 straight hours without a single post to the Club House? Where are you people?

I'm in Toronto... contemplating the beer recipe I will win a blue ribbon with at the Minnesota State Fair.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#133993 - 29/04/08 07:53 AM Re: Hello?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
13 straight hours without a single post to the Club House? Where are you people?

I'm in Toronto... contemplating the beer recipe I will win a blue ribbon with at the Minnesota State Fair.
I'll help break the silence...

@ work right now though.

#133994 - 29/04/08 08:13 AM Re: Hello?
GrayHam Offline

I was off picking up around 500 (building) bricks from a hillbilly and his wife and their combined 6 teeth in the hills northwest of Leander, Texas.

My wife wants to build some landscaped walls around the garden, the trees, maybe a firepit in the backyard . . .

No kidding. They had a trailer. A bunch of kids with no shoes. Had to walk across a compost pile, between the puppy-mill kennels (they sold "chihuahuas"), around the pig pens, avoid the tom turkey who wanted to get all Alpha Male on me, and there, in a pile of pigshit and . . . stuff . . . were about 2000 bricks. All colors. Evidently the husband does seasonal work for some local builders, and is known to bring home some "extras".

But, they parted with them for $0.30 apiece. I think that was pretty good. Got 'em home, and only had three bricks break.

I do regret not taking a picture of one of the mobile homes on their property.
Looked like it had been trashed, and someone spray-painted on the side:

Free. Tack me.

[Freak]

#133995 - 29/04/08 08:21 AM Re: Hello?
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
You get into some interesting territory headed out that direction, Grayham. I remember that from living there.....Well....Not there, but up in Round Rock and having a friend who had some land up that way.

cool

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#133996 - 29/04/08 08:29 AM Re: Hello?
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
You get into some interesting territory headed out that direction, Grayham. I remember that from living there.....Well....Not there, but up in Round Rock and having a friend who had some land up that way.

cool
I'm not as familiar with that area as my wife. She told me, as we drove down a long stretch of road, that we were headed into Jonestown .

eek

#133997 - 29/04/08 08:39 AM Re: Hello?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:

I was off picking up around 500 (building) bricks from a hillbilly and his wife and their combined 6 teeth in the hills northwest of Leander, Texas.

My wife wants to build some landscaped walls around the garden, the trees, maybe a firepit in the backyard . . .

No kidding. They had a trailer. A bunch of kids with no shoes. Had to walk across a compost pile, between the puppy-mill kennels (they sold "chihuahuas"), around the pig pens, avoid the tom turkey who wanted to get all Alpha Male on me, and there, in a pile of pigshit and . . . stuff . . . were about 2000 bricks. All colors. Evidently the husband does seasonal work for some local builders, and is known to bring home some "extras".
It kind of sounds like you were visiting the Porsche996 compound up in the hillbilly hills of Kentucky.

Hillbillies seem to be a very current topic in the news today.

Famous hillbilly, Billy Ray Cyrus, took sexy and suggestive photos with his daughter, Hannah Montana, now claims to be embarrassed about it.

Then we have Roger Clemens started an affair years ago with a then 15 year old girl.

Hillbillies all around today. [Huh?]

#133998 - 30/04/08 04:19 AM Re: Hello?
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
I hung out with some hillbillies this weekend. Went to a party in the boonies. It was for my friends who got engaged. I got the scoop on the owner of the mobile home. He paid $54k for that home and it's paid off, and it's on 3 acres of land. (And his daughter got kidnapped six years ago but she escaped out of the guy's car and she was on Montel and everything!) Can't find the home unless you go all the way down a gravel road. And apparently my boyfriend and all his friends grew up out there. So I'm dating a redneck. LOL

But they are talented rednecks! We had a jam sesson out there. And played a game of horseshoes! I was the only one wearing a
dress. BUT I had flip flops on. wink

#133999 - 30/04/08 04:40 AM Re: Hello?
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
What, no banjos?

#134000 - 30/04/08 05:38 AM Re: Hello?
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
I was the only one wearing a dress.
That looks like the kind of gathering where if anyone's in a dress, it's a muumuu. Say it wasn't a muumuu, Liz...please say it wasn't. laugh

#134001 - 30/04/08 06:18 AM Re: Hello?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
If you've been divorced 3 times and still have the same in-laws, you may be a redneck.
smile

#134002 - 30/04/08 06:34 AM Re: Hello?
MidnightX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
[b]I was the only one wearing a dress.
That looks like the kind of gathering where if anyone's in a dress, it's a muumuu. Say it wasn't a muumuu, Liz...please say it wasn't. laugh [/b]
Haha. No, not a muuuuumuuuuuu..... puhlease.

#134003 - 30/04/08 06:35 AM Re: Hello?
MidnightX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NuDan:
What, no banjos?
No. Reminds me of that episode of Family Guy where Stewie discovered the banjo. Hilarious!

#134004 - 30/04/08 06:38 AM Re: Hello?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
It doesn't seem like those people are bona fide hillbillies Midnight.

The grass is mowed.... plus I don't see any old toilets or bathtubs out on the lawn. No old car tires either. smile

#134005 - 30/04/08 07:16 AM Re: Hello?
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by NuDan:
[b]What, no banjos?
No. Reminds me of that episode of Family Guy where Stewie discovered the banjo. Hilarious![/b]

"Warm out today. Warm yesterday. Even warmer today . . .

♪ Met her on my CB, Said her name was Mimi. Sounded like an angel come to earth.
Come to earth!

But when I went to meet her, Man you shoulda seen her, Twice as tall as me, Three times the girth.
Girth!

Oh my fat baby loves to eat.
Loves to eat!

A big ol' Buddha belly, and her breasts swing past her feet
Feet!

My fat baby loves to
Eat!

My big ol' fatass baby loves to eat! ♪

I got blisters on me fingers! "

#134006 - 30/04/08 07:24 AM Re: Hello?
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:

More Yacht Rock? laugh

#134007 - 30/04/08 07:57 AM Re: Hello?
MidnightX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mosi:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MidnightX:
More Yacht Rock? laugh
EXACTLY! Actually they were playing "All I Can Do Is Write About It" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. But the guy with the beard and long hair is the one who introduced us to Yacht Rock. I design his band's posters and stuff.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal