2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#562240 - 05/06/08 06:11 PM Real Player 11
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
I know others probably have programs to do this, but Real Player 11 has a few features that i like. The ability to save youtube videos and other video files to your hard drive and then burn them to dvd/cd is great.

#562241 - 05/06/08 06:20 PM Re: Real Player 11
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Nothing related to Real will EVER touch my computer...and I WORK in streaming media.

Real is a piece of shit, through and through.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#562242 - 05/06/08 07:15 PM Re: Real Player 11
Southernx7 Offline

Wow. Didn't know they were that bad? I haven't used a Real product in a long time, but what i liked about this version is the feature i have longed for........a way to save youtube vids. What is so bad about it?

#562243 - 05/06/08 08:01 PM Re: Real Player 11
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Nothing related to Real will EVER touch my computer...and I WORK in streaming media.

Real is a piece of shit, through and through.
Ditto, except the part about working in streaming media. I work in IT, and Real will never touch any of the 1500 computers I'm ultimately responsible for, nor will any of my employer's content ever be delivered by Real.

#562244 - 05/06/08 09:18 PM Re: Real Player 11
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. YouTube reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content. "

YouTube will probably put a stop to it.

#562245 - 06/06/08 06:52 AM Re: Real Player 11
Anonymous
Unregistered

I suppose it's a good thing that YouTube wants to keep control of content that it didn't pay for and had no part in creating.

God forbid someone else besides them makes advertising money on other people's work.

:rolleyes:

#562246 - 06/06/08 07:52 AM Re: Real Player 11
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 05_X:
I suppose it's a good thing that YouTube wants to keep control of content that it didn't pay for and had no part in creating.

God forbid someone else besides them makes advertising money on other people's work.

:rolleyes:
Apparently you didn't read that post just above yours.

"without the prior written consent of the respective owners"
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#562247 - 06/06/08 07:58 AM Re: Real Player 11
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Southernx7:
Wow. Didn't know they were that bad? I haven't used a Real product in a long time, but what i liked about this version is the feature i have longed for........a way to save youtube vids. What is so bad about it?
Real started sucking around version 6 or 7, if I recall correctly. The biggest problem is Real tries it's best to put fifty million things on your computer. It's almost entirely bloatware now.

Plus...Windows Media passed Real in quality a LONG time ago. There's a reason you rarely see new content done in Real.

The ability to capture Youtube clips, while useful in some aspects, I guess, isn't something new.

#562248 - 06/06/08 10:15 AM Re: Real Player 11
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, screw Real player. Back in the day it came with spyware. Now it serves no "real" purpose other than to provide a third party viewer for movies. Maybe youtube movies is a unique feature, but why not just go to youtube.com?

If I can't watch it in WMP, I won't watch it. The only exception I grudgingly make is quicktime because of I do use Itunes for my ipod.

#562249 - 06/06/08 04:53 PM Re: Real Player 11
Southernx7 Offline

Well is there another program i can use to do this then? What we are trying to do is save things that we cannot seem to do without sending them in the mail. Or how do i post a video file so other club members can view them? In the past on our club outings someone would take video and post it, but we could never save it for ourselves. Anyways, if this program is this bad i'll delete it, but i really don't know how to do this then.

ps. thanks for the lovely fucking input.

#562250 - 06/06/08 04:56 PM Re: Real Player 11
Southernx7 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fog:
"Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. YouTube reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content. "

YouTube will probably put a stop to it.
So how does everything get on youtube then? Does every person that posts something on there get permission for it? There is a lot of copyrighted material out there, but i need personel videos from club trips....so i cannot even use those?

#562251 - 06/06/08 07:39 PM Re: Real Player 11
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Southernx7:
So how does everything get on youtube then? Does every person that posts something on there get permission for it? There is a lot of copyrighted material out there, but i need personel videos from club trips....so i cannot even use those?
Youtube only yanks it when someone claims copyright. It's caused a lot headaches - people getting things yanked that they do not have the rights to has actually happened before.

So all that copyrighted stuff (music videos, for instance) just hasn't been claimed yet. You won't see anything from Viacom, because they are pretty vigilant about it.

As far as other programs that will do it...

http://www.downloader9.com/

I'm not sure why you'd want to download youtube videos, though...they are pretty crappy quality. When someone uploads to youtube, it goes through some serious compression. Even the new "high quality" flv files are pretty crappy.

Why can't you save something that's been posted elsewhere? If your club has a website, they can post it there - simply right-click it and save it.

#562252 - 06/06/08 08:27 PM Re: Real Player 11
Southernx7 Offline

O.k. here is the problem. We have members that have videos, but how do they all "easily" upload them so others can download them. I have plenty that I want a member in Atlanta to have, but we cannot seem to post them to our site. So, the next easiest thing to do would be load them on a video site and them download them from there. Is there an easier way?

#562253 - 06/06/08 08:47 PM Re: Real Player 11
Mobycat Offline

Is it just a matter of the size of the file? I know a lot of people have size limits on email (plus, that's a major PITA to deal with).

You could get a free account to something like adrive.com. They give 50GB for free. Then just upload a file, and make it public ("Share", in their system). It will give you an email to send to whoever you want, and they can download it from there.

#562254 - 06/06/08 09:30 PM Re: Real Player 11
Southernx7 Offline

Yes. That is the problem we have our rally videos and various vids that we would like members to have. I will try that one. Thank you and goodbye to realplayer.

#562255 - 09/06/08 10:14 AM Re: Real Player 11
Anonymous
Unregistered

putfile.com

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal